Did anyone else....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

loris
Saintsational Legend

Re: Did anyone else....

saint-stu wrote:It was mostly Jacky Steven's work. But I was so relieved to see Joey with the ball running into goal.
It was Jack Lonie who got the hard ball out to Jack Steven.............. credit where credit is due, too many have missed Lonie's great effort to start the chain off for the winning goal.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
saint-stu wrote:It was mostly Jacky Steven's work. But I was so relieved to see Joey with the ball running into goal.
It was Jack Lonie who got the hard ball out to Jack Steven.............. credit where credit is due, too many have missed Lonie's great effort to start the chain off for the winning goal.

Wasn't the chain actually started by our second ruckman, Bruce who got it to Jack.
Last edited by plugger66 on Mon 15 Jun 2015 2:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Milne wrote:
mr six o'clock wrote:I shouted it at the ground !

It would be nice if all you beer bellied share croppers turned up occasionally .
Forget the BS excuses , get to the game .
The feeling is so much better when amongst thousands of other supporters !
Agreed. I have work/family/mortgage etc and I'm there week in week out win loss or draw. Get on board.
Yes, it's shameful at times the number of Saints supporters in Melbourne who don't really get behind their team and attend matches. Let's hope you turn up in droves for the Saints v Tigers match, and not only support the Saints but also support the efforts of the Riewoldt family.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
Milne wrote:
mr six o'clock wrote:I shouted it at the ground !

It would be nice if all you beer bellied share croppers turned up occasionally .
Forget the BS excuses , get to the game .
The feeling is so much better when amongst thousands of other supporters !
Agreed. I have work/family/mortgage etc and I'm there week in week out win loss or draw. Get on board.
Yes, it's shameful at times the number of Saints supporters in Melbourne who don't really get behind their team and attend matches. Let's hope you turn up in droves for the Saints v Tigers match, and not only support the Saints but also support the efforts of the Riewoldt family.

I thought that crowd was pretty good yesterday. Melbourne people don't go to Etihad so its like playing an interstate side.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Oh the shame! I was in a corporate box yesterday.

But the windows were open and I can't remember hearing a louder more one sided Saints crowd at Etihad.

Maybe it was just the acoustics.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
gringo
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:Oh the shame! I was in a corporate box yesterday.

But the windows were open and I can't remember hearing a louder more one sided Saints crowd at Etihad.

Maybe it was just the acoustics.

I was up the top and until the last 10 minutes it was pretty quiet. The corporate boxes are definitely louder than what's outside, we went to the Giants game last year and the crowd sounded awesome but it was against the Giants so unlikely it was the reality.

saint6709
Club Player

loris wrote:
Lonie was superb in the clinches and worked very hard and with great skill, hardness and composure to get that play and make the handball to Steven.
BUT if your talking credit where credit is due Steven had 3 out of the last 4 kicks of the game ( by both sides) all the in last 41 secs to bring us from 4 points down to 2 points up ( not to mention his momentum saving bomb of a goal earlier on)