is wowserism alive at the saints?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: is wowserism alive at the saints?

Richo has said he encourages them to have beer after a win so the let off a little steam and don't go bananas at the end of the year. Perhaps what happened to John Mc Carthy showed him how letting off a years worth of built up steam can go wrong.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mordi wrote:
saynta wrote:
mordi wrote:Some of our boys were having a beer in the Virgin lounge on Sunday ... one or two is OK.
I did hear reports that they had quite a few after the Wellington game also..... at the hotel bar. Anyone aware of that?
Why post that on here?

Even if I was aware I wouldn't be posting that sort of gossip on a public internet forum.
In the context of the thread , quite reasonable I believe.....

But it is hardly gossip.

One was my first hand observation ,
The NZ was second hand from a reliable attendee.

Sounds strange to me. I would have thought we left Wellington that day after it was a day game.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
dragit wrote:Worked beautifully for Mainwaring, Chick, Cousins, Kerr and that bloke who was resuscitated in Vegas...
A quiet beer at the club's hotel is a tad different to coke benders in Vegas.
That's true, I just had a bit of a laugh that you referenced WCE from a few years ago as a team that did well from a looser leash.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:
dragit wrote:Worked beautifully for Mainwaring, Chick, Cousins, Kerr and that bloke who was resuscitated in Vegas...
That's true, I just had a bit of a laugh that you referenced WCE from a few years ago as a team that did well from a looser leash.
No doubt they had massive cultural problems during their grand final years, but I think they really did sort themselves out after booting Cousins. The year I was referring to was 2011 and they were a very professional outfit by that stage, and I don't think a few beers at the hotel detracted from that.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
dragit wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:
No doubt they had massive cultural problems during their grand final years, but I think they really did sort themselves out after booting Cousins. The year I was referring to was 2011 and they were a very professional outfit by that stage, and I don't think a few beers at the hotel detracted from that.

When did they do that before a game? And it obviously wasn't a team rule that they cant drink. Most clubs can drink after a game if they have a 7 day break. Most cant if they have less. But the important thing is that it is a team rule, not an individual rule.