Who is in for Fisher?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Re: Who is in for Fisher?

If Tom Lee doesn't play next week we need a new coach. The present one was standing behind me for the second half today and I would think Tetley is a monty against the Lions!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Razor wrote:Would rather see Goddard get a run at it. He is the future not Lee. Think lee might get monstered a bit
Lee is only 24 still.
Goddard is only 18 and too young to play KP at ALF level. I dont think there is a single 18yo holding down a KP in the entire AFL.
In any case we will need both. We need replacements for both Dempster and Fisher. So Lee and Goddard can potentially play together down back for 6 years.
If Lee is no good down back well at least we will know so we know we have to recruit for it. No point not giving ourselves information.
If we dont play Lee now then having him on the list is a waste of everybody's time.
Agreed.
All the reports for weeks have put him in the best. Presumably his confidence is up.
Let's see how he goes.
(And hope he doesn't have to play on Leuenberger.)

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

saintsRrising wrote:Sliding Doors.....last year we thought Bruce would be a KPD for us and Lee a KPF.
Let's hope it works out better than this.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:If Tom Lee doesn't play next week we need a new coach. The present one was standing behind me for the second half today and I would think Tetley is a monty against the Lions!

Yeah it sounds like he's up to about 5 games in the best players, he must come in with Fisher out you would think. If he doesn't he should probably start sending highlight reels around to see if he can get to another club.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Razor wrote:Would rather see Goddard get a run at it. He is the future not Lee. Think lee might get monstered a bit
Lee is only 24 still.
Goddard is only 18 and too young to play KP at ALF level. I dont think there is a single 18yo holding down a KP in the entire AFL.
In any case we will need both. We need replacements for both Dempster and Fisher. So Lee and Goddard can potentially play together down back for 6 years.
If Lee is no good down back well at least we will know so we know we have to recruit for it. No point not giving ourselves information.
If we dont play Lee now then having him on the list is a waste of everybody's time.
Agreed, at some point we need to pull the trigger on this experiment with Lee down back to see if it could pay dividends . I am curious to get a look at Lee in defence. I am holding onto the faint hope that we might find ourselves another defender like we did when we switched Fisher into defence all those years ago.
Let Goddard continue to develop at Sandy until he really knocks the door down for selection. He still has time on his side.

“If you want the rainbow you gotta put up with rain” Dolly Parton