Enough is enough

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Enough is enough

jonesy wrote:
cwrcyn wrote:First minute of second half, Geary coughs it up with a short kick out of defence - Carlton Goal
Shenton midway through the third goes short to a contested situation 40m out from goal. Shocking decision - result - Carlton goal
Lonie kick across goal but kicks too low and the ball is intercepted - Carlton goal
Last quarter, Shenton has the option to kick wide to the pocket to release a free player who has heaps of space in front of him to run. Instead goes super short to Billings who then chips it into a Carlton player's hands - goal

Try and keep on topic,this has nothing to do with the appalling standard of umpiring we are receiving.

Unless this was meant for the other upteen threads you could post in on our poor skills,list,etc etc

Viking3
Club Player

For those that are saying that the umpiring was good, please just look at one contest for the day, and then try saying it was good.

Longer v Wood.

Wood pushed, shoved and held all day with little consequence. If Longer made contact, whistle couldn't get blown quick enough.

Give me one flag & I'll go to my grave a happy man.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Viking3 wrote:For those that are saying that the umpiring was good, please just look at one contest for the day, and then try saying it was good.

Longer v Wood.

Wood pushed, shoved and held all day with little consequence. If Longer made contact, whistle couldn't get blown quick enough.
Sorry - but Longer is ordinary. It's an indictment that he's in our best 3 players today. Once again a very ordinary ruckman in Wood gave their mids first use. Time to give Hickey a go I reckon.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
Viking3 wrote:For those that are saying that the umpiring was good, please just look at one contest for the day, and then try saying it was good.

Longer v Wood.

Sorry - but Longer is ordinary. It's an indictment that he's in our best 3 players today. Once again a very ordinary ruckman in Wood gave their mids first use. Time to give Hickey a go I reckon.

I don't think he's any worse than Big Mac was for a long time. Rucks take time. Saying it's an indictment that young players step up is a weird attitude.

Kate
Club Player

Moods wrote:

Longer v Wood.

It doesn't matter if Longer is ordinary or if Longer is in player of the year form, it's the umpiring that is under scrutiny. The rules seem to be interpreted differently when different players are involved.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Just watching and it's a joke. Six minutes in a ruck contest Longer has both arms up Wood runs in and drags him to the ground. Players all run our way for the free as umpire blows the whistle yet somehow Wood got it. Billings Armitage driven into the ground with a bloke in his back nothing Shenton pushed with both hands no free. All in 6 minutes.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I f the umps are keeping us down..so be it..we aren't going to win the flag so they maybe helping us to top picks...maybe the Umps love us ?

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:I f the umps are keeping us down..so be it..we aren't going to win the flag so they maybe helping us to top picks...maybe the Umps love us ?
If the umps love us then the Saints must love getting it Greek style.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
The Fireman wrote:I f the umps are keeping us down..so be it..we aren't going to win the flag so they maybe helping us to top picks...maybe the Umps love us ?
If the umps love us then the Saints must love getting it Greek style.
Love comes in all shapes and forms.