we might have competition for next years spoon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: we might have competition for next years spoon

Sorry everyone Lenny has gone and Roo is our best player. If he gets injured it will get really ugly.

Expect many thrashings again next year

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

All things being equal we should finish last next year. Not sure what the bookies have us at, but we will be at short odds. The plan is in place. We will not waver. We will have some of the best kids in the county at our club over the next few years, and it wont be long till we challenge again.

Painful, but exciting times ahead.

Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:Before last year I thought we could have done better but it was obvious that we were playing for last position. We had a poor trade period and werent able to add some older players eg Jaksch or spread the picks so we could select players to fill our list holes.

2015 & 2016 will be no difference IMO, we can expect some very bleak times ahead, when all we can look forward too is watching these kids develop. You have to wonder at what point does losing become a habbit ?

I doubt there is any club with as poor a list as ours or in such poor shape financially!

big chance that cameron will be one of our key forwards next year....big chance....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:All things being equal we should finish last next year. Not sure what the bookies have us at, but we will be at short odds. The plan is in place. We will not waver. We will have some of the best kids in the county at our club over the next few years, and it wont be long till we challenge again.

Painful, but exciting times ahead.
Unfortunately this is the truth. We're a big chance to win the spoon. Odds on.

BUT - this is because we're realistic about contending for future premierships.

Teams that won't win another premiership before us due to inadequate future-proofing: Carlton, Kangaroos, Geelong, Adelaide, Richmond, Collingwood, Essendon, West Coast.

They'll all go better than us next year. But what's the point if your current generation isn't a premiership one?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I think the Blues and Collingwood might be down this year too. We could at least get joy out of that.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:Before last year I thought we could have done better but it was obvious that we were playing for last position. We had a poor trade period and werent able to add some older players eg Jaksch or spread the picks so we could select players to fill our list holes.

2015 & 2016 will be no difference IMO, we can expect some very bleak times ahead, when all we can look forward too is watching these kids develop. You have to wonder at what point does losing become a habbit ?

I doubt there is any club with as poor a list as ours or in such poor shape financially!

big chance that cameron will be one of our key forwards next year....big chance....
Wont believe it until it happens Stinger - we will be in the exact same position GWS will be when he started and they will have started their climb to sucess. Why would he want to leave a club and go backwards.

I understand we may be able to pay a bit more than GWS but Cameron strikes me a young man that the golden $$$ wouldnt be that important.

Time will tell I suppose but why would he want to come to the lowest earning and equally least sucessful club in VIC, with training facilities in area the equivalence of Sydneys western suburbs?

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:
stinger wrote:

Wont believe it until it happens Stinger - we will be in the exact same position GWS will be when he started and they will have started their climb to sucess. Why would he want to leave a club and go backwards.

I understand we may be able to pay a bit more than GWS but Cameron strikes me a young man that the golden $$$ wouldnt be that important.

Time will tell I suppose but why would he want to come to the lowest earning and equally least sucessful club in VIC, with training facilities in area the equivalence of Sydneys western suburbs?
1...because he wants to come home
2...has refused to sign on beyond next year
3 hs already visited our seaford base...
4.. because a little birdie told me so...

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote: Time will tell I suppose but why would he want to come to the lowest earning and equally least sucessful club in VIC, with training facilities in area the equivalence of Sydneys western suburbs?
400 km (249 mi) W of Melbourne.

Home?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:
stinger wrote:

I accept that he wants to come home to Victoria but I doubt it will be to our club. All other clubs in Melbourne will be prepared to throw the kitchen sink at him & GWS why would he chose the Saints? Hopeful thinking if the club think coming last and using pick 1 will get it done, GWS will want pick/s and a quality player!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:
stinger wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:
stinger wrote:

I accept that he wants to come home to Victoria but I doubt it will be to our club. All other clubs in Melbourne will be prepared to throw the kitchen sink at him & GWS why would he chose the Saints? Hopeful thinking if the club think coming last and using pick 1 will get it done, GWS will want pick/s and a quality player!
depends who is rated the no1 pick next year i would tthink....

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:
stinger wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:
stinger wrote:

depends who is rated the no1 pick next year i would tthink....
:wink: Cameron and GWS first pick for Cameron or he walks to PSD :D :D

You are garbage - Enough said
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

Based on what? Lets face it unless we know Cameron very very well, in other words either his best friend or immediate family I would suggest you are making it up. GWS likely to 6-10 games next year and us 1-3. Cant see the appeal apart from money. Even then he will get huge offers from other more successful clubs.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

Based on what? Lets face it unless we know Cameron very very well, in other words either his best friend or immediate family I would suggest you are making it up. GWS likely to 6-10 games next year and us 1-3. Cant see the appeal apart from money. Even then he will get huge offers from other more successful clubs.
Tom Boyd

You are garbage - Enough said
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

Tom Boyd

Even WB are on the up and as good as Cameron is im unsure we want to commit those figures or probably much more to get him. We will still be going downwards next year IMO.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

Tom Boyd
exactly....i see that the forum's resident clown says i'm making it up..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

Tom Boyd
exactly....i see that the forum's resident clown says i'm making it up..... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Yes I do think you are making it up or actually more likely you heard a guy at work or another forum suggest it so all of a sudden it will happen. Lets be honest you wouldn't have a clue on that and im going with no one here would. Forum clown. Wow. Did you attend school to come up with that?

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

WinnersOnly wrote: I accept that he wants to come home to Victoria but I doubt it will be to our club. All other clubs in Melbourne will be prepared to throw the kitchen sink at him & GWS why would he chose the Saints? Hopeful thinking if the club think coming last and using pick 1 will get it done, GWS will want pick/s and a quality player!
GWS can want what they like, but if the kid won't sign a contract and we have first pick in the PSD, then they won't be in a position to demand anything. If we were to convince him to come to us, then they would ultimately have to trade with us, and trust us to trade in good faith & try and do the right thing by them. However I am sure they will receive great solace from counting the other 25 first round picks on their list........and maybe we can do a Luke Ball special for them...........

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote: I accept that he wants to come home to Victoria but I doubt it will be to our club. All other clubs in Melbourne will be prepared to throw the kitchen sink at him & GWS why would he chose the Saints? Hopeful thinking if the club think coming last and using pick 1 will get it done, GWS will want pick/s and a quality player!
GWS can want what they like, but if the kid won't sign a contract and we have first pick in the PSD, then they won't be in a position to demand anything. If we were to convince him to come to us, then they would ultimately have to trade with us, and trust us to trade in good faith & try and do the right thing by them. However I am sure they will receive great solace from counting the other 25 first round picks on their list........and maybe we can do a Luke Ball special for them...........

He and its a big if he wants to leave there will be 17 clubs finding a way to do the deal. It will be done before the PSD.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Can see us getting a Cameron, Lynch or Day at the end of next season.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Stinger you are probably right but 12 months is a long time in a young mans life and as I said every other club would give there 'left testicle' to get him...as will GWS to keep him!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:Stinger you are probably right but 12 months is a long time in a young mans life and as I said every other club would give there 'left testicle' to get him...as will GWS to keep him!
yep....don't think he wants to stay though...would you...????..what was it eddie called those western suburbs of shytney town....????

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:Stinger you are probably right but 12 months is a long time in a young mans life and as I said every other club would give there 'left testicle' to get him...as will GWS to keep him!
yep....don't think he wants to stay though...would you...????..what was it eddie called those western suburbs of shytney town....????

Why don't you tell us all.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
:wink: ....i like the sound of that.....

gringo
Saintsational Legend

It will be a log jam at the top next year and could be a log jam at the bottom. GWS and GCS should be very much better, Richmond and North should be top 4 teams on progression, Collingwood is decimated and will struggle, Carlton is very average as are the Crows and WCEs despite decent lists. I could see a fall away from Freo and even Geelong. Port will be a strong chance for top 2. Hawks and Sydney could play off again but equally could both start to have ground made up from underneath.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:It will be a log jam at the top next year and could be a log jam at the bottom. GWS and GCS should be very much better, Richmond and North should be top 4 teams on progression, Collingwood is decimated and will struggle, Carlton is very average as are the Crows and WCEs despite decent lists. I could see a fall away from Freo and even Geelong. Port will be a strong chance for top 2. Hawks and Sydney could play off again but equally could both start to have ground made up from underneath.
think port, north and west coast will have good seasons....carlton, essendon and the fith will crash....geez that sounds so good.....

hawks and the swine sound good to me too....