Are we chasing Dangerfield?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Re: Are we chasing Dangerfield?

didnt he just get the side he played for before gws to change their jumper to the same colors as the gws jumper??
seems kinda at home over there
but agreed
cant see why they would let him go
but boy it would be good to see him in a saints jumper thats for sure

andrewg
Club Player

Saints are into Jeremy Cameron and Patrick Dangerfield but to be honest who wouldn't be. Any talk of him not being worth pick one on this thread is absolutely ridiculous. He is worth pick 1 and 5 years at 1million a year. Champion franchise player who not only you can build a team around but sells memberships and most importantly belief.

My mail is we have a better chance with Cameron......don't be surprised if he is the red white and black in a couple of weeks.

In regards to why GWS would trade him.....he wants out at the end of next year...chances are we will finish last and if saints offer big money he ca nominate for the pre season draft and we get him for nothing.

Same at the Dangerfield situation, if he wants out, they need to get something for him and pick one is a pretty good something.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

How could we could get both??? Crows and GWS would both want No. 1.

Would we send Pick 1 to Adelaide, and maybe send one of our middle-aged guns to GWS (Jack, Armo, etc)

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Best tactic would be to convince him to come next year as a free agent. That way we keep our early picks from this draft and next which we desperately need.

Would cost a heap of cash...or he would go to a club playing finals already.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

andrewg wrote:Saints are into Jeremy Cameron and Patrick Dangerfield but to be honest who wouldn't be. Any talk of him not being worth pick one on this thread is absolutely ridiculous. He is worth pick 1 and 5 years at 1million a year. Champion franchise player who not only you can build a team around but sells memberships and most importantly belief.

My mail is we have a better chance with Cameron......don't be surprised if he is the red white and black in a couple of weeks.

In regards to why GWS would trade him.....he wants out at the end of next year...chances are we will finish last and if saints offer big money he ca nominate for the pre season draft and we get him for nothing.

Same at the Dangerfield situation, if he wants out, they need to get something for him and pick one is a pretty good something.
I hope you have a good postie... Danger or Cameron are worth a lot more than any of this years top few prospects. If we can snag with pick one, wow, who wouldn't?

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:Saints are into Jeremy Cameron and Patrick Dangerfield but to be honest who wouldn't be. Any talk of him not being worth pick one on this thread is absolutely ridiculous. He is worth pick 1 and 5 years at 1million a year. Champion franchise player who not only you can build a team around but sells memberships and most importantly belief.

Andrew you have suggested about 10 things since you joined this site and not one has happened or got close. Looks like both Cameron and Dangerfield as well as Trelour are not playing for us.

evo
Club Player

Love the trade period, the draft -not so much.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Sloane is a Saint. He is one of us. Other than the fact that he plays for adullaide, of course.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
andrewg
Club Player

I didn't mean get both I meant just one of the two.
Plugger what I hear is what I hear. At no stage have I ever said it's absolutely going to happen or it's a lock.

I do know for a fact Trelaore wants to come home. He wants to play for a 'big club' and saints are no a preference for him but for the right money he might be swayed....
I have heard nothing about Dangerfield but the Cameron rumours are real. My point about danger is that we should get him no matter what if we can.

As for my past I said we should get Fev and Salopek...that's it. Not sure they are ten. My maths isn't great but that's two.

andrewg
Club Player

St Ick wrote:

I hope you have a good postie... Danger or Cameron are worth a lot more than any of this years top few prospects. If we can snag with pick one, wow, who wouldn't?
Yep would be great, danger field have no idea but would be awesome but have heard a few rumours about Cameron. But for pluggers sake, don't lock it in.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:
St Ick wrote:

Yep would be great, danger field have no idea but would be awesome but have heard a few rumours about Cameron. But for pluggers sake, don't lock it in.

BJ to GWS. By the way how do we get Cameron? He has a contract and they just lost Patton. Pick one wont get it done.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
andrewg wrote:
St Ick wrote:

BJ to GWS. By the way how do we get Cameron? He has a contract and they just lost Patton. Pick one wont get it done.
Highly unlikely, but if Cameron will walk next year, smart option is to cut losses and get pick one for him, that way you don't develop him further, you get to build your structures for the future etc etc. We've been through it all before though with explanations re wanting to play in Melbourne, wanting to have a fwdline built around him not him, Patton, Boyd and any of the dozen other key position players on their list who may come good. Thats before mentioning the big dollars we will be offering.

I can't see it happening, but I didn't see us getting Voss, G train and Sammy either so he might get seduced by what we are building - either way, he is as good an option as we could have to use pick one.

Strength through Loyalty
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
andrewg wrote:
St Ick wrote:

Highly unlikely, but if Cameron will walk next year, smart option is to cut losses and get pick one for him, that way you don't develop him further, you get to build your structures for the future etc etc. We've been through it all before though with explanations re wanting to play in Melbourne, wanting to have a fwdline built around him not him, Patton, Boyd and any of the dozen other key position players on their list who may come good. Thats before mentioning the big dollars we will be offering.

I can't see it happening, but I didn't see us getting Voss, G train and Sammy either so he might get seduced by what we are building - either way, he is as good an option as we could have to use pick one.

I doubt Cameron is telling anyone he will be leaving at the end of next season especially as his name hasn't been mentioned at all in the media. People cant stand the media but they usually get info with what players want to leave even if they have a contract. Cameron isn't one of them. As for the other players well did they have contracts. It changes everything. Still doubt we would have got Hammil or G without Blight being there. Voss was just an ordinary player when we got him. And to be honest we aren't building anything yet certainly from the outside. I would imagine just about every single person in the media will have us last next season.

We need to stick to recruiting young kids from GWS and GC who cant get games but in the opinion of our recruiters can play the game. The big names are at least 2 years away.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

What about petracca!

I've just got on the P Train and not sure how I feel about giving up pick 1 anymore....!

Note: watched about half a game in the championships but not sure which teams.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:I doubt Cameron is telling anyone he will be leaving at the end of next season especially as his name hasn't been mentioned at all in the media. People cant stand the media but they usually get info with what players want to leave even if they have a contract. Cameron isn't one of them. As for the other players well did they have contracts. It changes everything. Still doubt we would have got Hammil or G without Blight being there. Voss was just an ordinary player when we got him. And to be honest we aren't building anything yet certainly from the outside. I would imagine just about every single person in the media will have us last next season.

We need to stick to recruiting young kids from GWS and GC who cant get games but in the opinion of our recruiters can play the game. The big names are at least 2 years away.
From what I know about the media, they make up just as much as we do, Fyfe rumours being a good example, they just do the sums - quite often things come up that completely blindside everyone, Buddy to Swans, Clark to Dees - things bubble away and stay quiet. Cameron's name has been discussed in the media but I admit that talk has gone quiet. Having said that I'd be shocked if we haven't spoken with Boyd or Cameron's management and if we had a chance, I'm glad it hasn't been leaked.

As you know GWS (and now most clubs) are making a real effort to re-sign players before the final year of their contract. Some refer to the NFL way of doing things, maybe/probably due to free agency and the changing landscape of list management. Fact is that until Cameron puts pen to paper, we should be considered at least a chance to draft him. Last year, Dom Tyson signed a contract at the beginning of the year, then was traded to Melbourne with a year to run - that sort of contradicts what I say but it also confirms contract or no contract GWS will trade.

I don't disagree with what you are saying, but I don't think you should completely dismiss the idea either.

Strength through Loyalty
dragit
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:I'd be shocked if we haven't spoken with Boyd or Cameron's management and if we had a chance, I'm glad it hasn't been leaked.
This is the thing…
Surely every club, is asking about nearly every decent player from all clubs.
We would 100% be asking about Cameron, Boyd, Dangerfield, Sloane, O'Meara etc etc.
Doesn't mean any will end up coming.
I guess we'll soon hear about the players that we are genuinely chasing hard like we did last year with Bruce & Longer. Once we can convince a player to nominate us, then we can get excited.