dal was a huge loss

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: dal was a huge loss

stkfc1 wrote:
stinger wrote:hey pelican.....what did you get for dal santo???.....billy longer you say..........???....what a flowering joke....

.....and don't try and tie in delany...he was coming our way anyway.....
It's very simple.Short term pain..long/er term gain. 8-) :roll:

no long term gain imho...longer will be gone before dal quits the roos...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:
stinger wrote:hey pelican.....what did you get for dal santo???.....billy longer you say..........???....what a flowering joke....

.....and don't try and tie in delany...he was coming our way anyway.....
well it really was dal for longer, bruce and delaney

we would have got the other two anyway....really it was just longer

stinger
Saintsational Legend

doesn't matter to me how anyone tries to justify the clubs shitty actions in selling off our stars for peanuts....you can say what you like...pelican has poo fior brains afaic...no wonder the hawks gave him the flick...him and his spreadsheets...ffs....games of football are won with players who possess a god given talent....something you can't flowering show on the spreadsheet... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by stinger on Sun 07 Sep 2014 6:11pm, edited 1 time in total.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:doesn't matter to me how anyone tries to justify the clubs shitty actions in selling off our stars for peanuts....you can say what you like...pelican has poo fior brains afaic...no wonder the hawks gave him the flick...him and his spreadsheets...ffs....games of football are won with players who possess a god given talent....something you can't flowering shoe on the spreadshee... :roll: :roll: :roll:
So what would you do with the list?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
stinger wrote:doesn't matter to me how anyone tries to justify the clubs shitty actions in selling off our stars for peanuts....you can say what you like...pelican has poo fior brains afaic...no wonder the hawks gave him the flick...him and his spreadsheets...ffs....games of football are won with players who possess a god given talent....something you can't flowering shoe on the spreadshee... :roll: :roll: :roll:

well for starters , i wouldn't rip the heart and soul out of the club and trade /give away our stars for chook poo....and a used condom....

...longer, lee, saad and milera...spare me..
Last edited by stinger on Mon 08 Sep 2014 11:32am, edited 2 times in total.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

well for starters , i wouldn't rip the heart and soul out of the club and trade /give away our starts for chook poo....and a used condom....

...longer, lee, saad and malera...spare me..
ok so we have established what you wouldnt do.
But what would you actually do?

Just keep the status quo and hope for the best?

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Yes a loss. But what kind of loss? Would he make any difference to where we are today? No. Other than taking up a spot.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

fingers wrote:Yes a loss. But what kind of loss? Would he make any difference to where we are today? No. Other than taking up a spot.
Exactly. Dal is a loss

Macevoy is a loss

bj is a loss.

But do we want to win a flag sometime in the next decade or hold on to unfullfilled promises from 09 and 10?

You are garbage - Enough said
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
stinger wrote:well for starters , i wouldn't rip the heart and soul out of the club and trade /give away our starts for chook poo....and a used condom....

Stinger's a lawyer. He doesn't do solutions but he's bloody good at finding problems in things other people do.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:doesn't matter to me how anyone tries to justify the clubs shitty actions in selling off our stars for peanuts....you can say what you like...
You don't have to be pleased, Stinger.

But I want a premiership list of the future.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

When we lost Barry Hall pick 13 turned into Dal, hopefully the pick that keeps giving eg Longer will develop into a huge reliable Ruck who will attract another high draft pick or become our main man so we can trade out Hickey for a high pick. Otherwise Pierce and Holmes become guns and one of them become trade bait. Either way the two new franchises might need rucks once their mids develop and want to swap their fourth best mid for one. I would say there is some kind of logical unemotional strategy behind it. There is currently four potential high level rucks on our list. In the past we have struggled to get one.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:longer will be gone before dal quits the roos...
That's an incorrect assumption.

Take the emotion out of it: it was a deal that netted us a quality young defender, a budding ruckman of real potential, and probably $1 million of salary cap space (spread over a few years) for a player who won't be in our next premiership.

Dal Santo is a St Kilda champion. Always will be. I hope he ends his career with a premiership or Brownlow.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
stinger wrote:well for starters , i wouldn't rip the heart and soul out of the club and trade /give away our starts for chook poo....and a used condom....

Stinger's a lawyer. He doesn't do solutions but he's bloody good at finding problems in things other people do.
oh..you have wounded me to the core.....

i am actually paid to find solutions to other peoples problems......well to solve them anyway....might not be to their satisfaction, but ...

...yesterday was fathers day........i had people coming ant going all day...so i didn't have to to waste on replying to silly posts...

...no other team in the afl who finds./found themselves on the bottom of the ladder has thought it necessary to give a leg up to the rivals like we have.......the hawks did trade a bit when the pelican was with them....might still come back to bite them on the arse this finals series......
Last edited by stinger on Mon 08 Sep 2014 11:39am, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:When we lost Barry Hall pick 13 turned into Dal, hopefully the pick that keeps giving eg Longer will develop into a huge reliable Ruck who will attract another high draft pick or become our main man so we can trade out Hickey for a high pick. Otherwise Pierce and Holmes become guns and one of them become trade bait. Either way the two new franchises might need rucks once their mids develop and want to swap their fourth best mid for one. I would say there is some kind of logical unemotional strategy behind it. There is currently four potential high level rucks on our list. In the past we have struggled to get one.

sure we got dal for hall...but hall could have won us a premiership ...dal didn't...we got sfa for plugger and he probably would have made the difference in 97...also.......probably would have won more than just the one premiership with our late sixties team if we had hung onto stewart and ditterich too.....trading has never been our strong point.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
stinger wrote:longer will be gone before dal quits the roos...
That's an incorrect assumption.

Take the emotion out of it: it was a deal that netted us a quality young defender, a budding ruckman of real potential, and probably $1 million of salary cap space (spread over a few years) for a player who won't be in our next premiership.

Dal Santo is a St Kilda champion. Always will be. I hope he ends his career with a premiership or Brownlow.

i have........we would have got delany anyway....whether he is quality or not is yet to be seen......did you miss the roos second half?????...i put that down to dal.......whatever we were payig him..would have been cheap when you look at his experience and guidance for younger players........as i said nothing said on here justifies in my eyes getting rid of champion players.....i'm shirty on the club and pelican for doing so and that aint about to change....

all the pelican has won for us so far is another wooden spoon....unforgivable .....

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Well stinger, please don't ever celebrate a good game by Ross, Lee, Hickey, Wright, White, Saunders, Murdoch, Billings, Dunstan, Acres, Bruce, Longer, Savage, Longer or Delaney…

These are guys that "bird-brain" has been able to engineer to the club one way or another.

You can't look past today can you? If you gaze a little further than your navel for a sec… you'll see that we are building a side for a tilt in a few years, and yes there will be mistakes along the way, but so far we have made some incredible moves to re-stock the list.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

and when we do finally get to our next GF with most of these blokes playing i guess youll be sitting at home staring at a pic of players that have been traded?

come on sting
yeah its sad blokes have to go
but crikey if we kept who has already left then it would be longer in years until we are ready to have another crack at finals footy!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Well stinger, please don't ever celebrate a good game by Ross, Lee, Hickey, Wright, White, Saunders, Murdoch, Billings, Dunstan, Acres, Bruce, Longer, Savage, Longer or Delaney…

These are guys that "bird-brain" has been able to engineer to the club one way or another.

You can't look past today can you? If you gaze a little further than your navel for a sec… you'll see that we are building a side for a tilt in a few years, and yes there will be mistakes along the way, but so far we have made some incredible moves to re-stock the list.

doubt very much that the pelican picked all those players on his own.....anyway stick to the topic and forget the little digs ffs....for once anyway,,,,

ps...didn't know we had too longers ..thanks for pointing that out.... :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:and when we do finally get to our next GF with most of these blokes playing i guess youll be sitting at home staring at a pic of players that have been traded?

come on sting
yeah its sad blokes have to go
but crikey if we kept who has already left then it would be longer in years until we are ready to have another crack at finals footy!
i have no problems with the club cutting players.......we certainly have enough duds on our list ...just a problem with the club swapping or letting champions go for
not much benefit........but hey...you want to piss in the club's pocket...don't let me stop you.....

dragit
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
dragit wrote:Well stinger, please don't ever celebrate a good game by Ross, Lee, Hickey, Wright, White, Saunders, Murdoch, Billings, Dunstan, Acres, Bruce, Longer, Savage, Longer or Delaney…

doubt very much that the pelican picked all those players on his own.....anyway stick to the topic and forget the little digs ffs....for once anyway,,,,

ps...didn't know we had too longers ..thanks for pointing that out.... :wink:
I didn't actually make any digs, just suggesting that you are caught up in today rather than looking down the line… Short term pain mate - harden up a little.

Just think of what we'll be like with 2 or 3 longers running around :o

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

I think you are being a bit unfair on matrix there stinger.

You ask dragit to stick to the topic and then you have a dig at matrix for "pissing in the clubs pocket".

I think your thread is worthwhile and you have a right to your opinion which I can see the validity in, however matrix has an alternate opinion that is also valid.

Don't know if matrix is pissing in the clubs pocket, any more than you are navel gazing.

back on topic.

Dal Santo looked like a seasoned finals player on Saturday night and EXACTLY the reason North went for him.

We will see if Billy Longer ends up being valuable for us. He is promising.

Luke Delaney certainly lived up to his promise with his finish in the B&F

You are garbage - Enough said
matrix
Saintsational Legend

LOL
how on earth did you get 'pissing in the clubs pockets' out of my comment
because im looking to the future?

well this member would rather get to the top as quickly as possible
if that means letting some great players go then so be it

ill zip up now

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:I think you are being a bit unfair on matrix there stinger.

You ask dragit to stick to the topic and then you have a dig at matrix for "pissing in the clubs pocket".

I think your thread is worthwhile and you have a right to your opinion which I can see the validity in, however matrix has an alternate opinion that is also valid.

Don't know if matrix is pissing in the clubs pocket, any more than you are navel gazing.

back on topic.

Dal Santo looked like a seasoned finals player on Saturday night and EXACTLY the reason North went for him.

We will see if Billy Longer ends up being valuable for us. He is promising.

Luke Delaney certainly lived up to his promise with his finish in the B&F
fair comment..

...i hate winning wooden spoons......and saw first hand dal turn roos losers into roos winners...and wished it was us he was turning around.....can't put a money value on that...

matrix
Saintsational Legend

cant say he turned the roos around myself
yeah he had a good chat to them
but it was players stepping up at the right time imo

but it means nothing now
he is gone and i wish him all the best
cant see north getting to the last dance myself, but you never know.