Would you like to do the Lumumba?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: Would you like to do the Lumumba?

fugazi wrote:Way too harsh on this bloke.
He genuinely wants to make a difference outside of football....what's wrong with that?
If makes a couple of slip ups, so what...heart in the right place, and he actually takes actions on things he cares about, not just lip service.
I concur.

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

bergholt wrote:
He genuinely wants to make a difference outside of football....what's wrong with that?
If makes a couple of slip ups, so what...heart in the right place, and he actually takes actions on things he cares about, not just lip service.
I concur.
As do I

Always loyal
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

bergholt wrote:
I concur.
exactly

always intersting when posts like this start up and it brings the forum 'wits out in force, talking to you redeemer

any opportunity to have a go at anyone that sits ouside their narrow band of intelligence

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Wow - people calling him a d**khead and scum because he is anti homophobic.

He is black as well, probably a real d**khead for being anti-racist as well.

Would he be a d**khead if he was questioning an anti-semetic slogan on the wall?

Maybe the bloke believes in what he says?

Oh BTW dont want him at the Saints, as Fireman said we are in total rebuild and he is not what we are after.

Pretty unfortunate the attitudes of many on here though.

You are garbage - Enough said
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:
bergholt wrote:
I concur.
exactly

always intersting when posts like this start up and it brings the forum 'wits out in force, talking to you redeemer

any opportunity to have a go at anyone that sits ouside their narrow band of intelligence

At least redemmer is consistent. he can hate saints players ala CJ as well as opposition players. Apart from Redeemer others who dislike harry now would call him a deep thinker if he was a saints player. I agree with the last 3 posts even though if this is true why he cracked it i think he has gone a little to far.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:always intersting when posts like this start up and it brings the forum 'wits out in force, talking to you redeemer
My impression of Redeemer is that he's convinced that his superior intelligence and unbelievable workrate are what got him all the way to the top. Well, to the middle.

Whereas Lumumba, with background in Brazil and Congo, realises that Australia is the easiest country in the world to live in. And that a white middle-class straight male born in Australia is literally in the top 0.1% luckiest people in the world before they even draw breath.

The fact that most of them - like Redeemer - choose not to acknowledge or engage with that fact doesn't make them any less fortunate. It just makes them self-centred in the extreme.

Megsie
Club Player

NO thinks hes bigger than club........troubled soul.

Megsie
Club Player

NO thinks hes bigger than club........troubled soul.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Megsie wrote:NO thinks hes bigger than club........troubled soul.
Pompous negative attention seeking Fruit loop.
Should have more psychological tests as well as physical ones at draft camps.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Wow - people calling him a d**khead and scum because he is anti homophobic.

He is black as well, probably a real d**khead for being anti-racist as well.

Would he be a d**khead if he was questioning an anti-semetic slogan on the wall?

Maybe the bloke believes in what he says?

Oh BTW dont want him at the Saints, as Fireman said we are in total rebuild and he is not what we are after.

Pretty unfortunate the attitudes of many on here though.
I'm not calling Labumba a tool because of any those reasons.

He's got past history of other issues both onfield and off field

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
He knows a little about a whole bunch and carries himself as some intelligent masterpiece.

He comes across as a deadshit with limited education and life experience
LMFAO

It sounds like you're talking about someone very close to you who you don't know that well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Very Very funny.
I am very smart. People follow me.

I will make sure when I am President of St Kilda that I crumple up your Membership sonny

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I look at Lumumba and his behaviour and see a man who presents as being traumatised. Whether that's a result of his childhood, or experiences since, remains open to conjecture. His reactivity to that which upsets him is stronger than those who have not been traumatised. To me he needs help and support. His reactivity is a symptom of a deeper problem. If you've never been subjected to trauma, it is hard to empathise with those who have.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

bergholt wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:always intersting when posts like this start up and it brings the forum 'wits out in force, talking to you redeemer
My impression of Redeemer is that he's convinced that his superior intelligence and unbelievable workrate are what got him all the way to the top. Well, to the middle.

Whereas Lumumba, with background in Brazil and Congo, realises that Australia is the easiest country in the world to live in. And that a white middle-class straight male born in Australia is literally in the top 0.1% luckiest people in the world before they even draw breath.

The fact that most of them - like Redeemer - choose not to acknowledge or engage with that fact doesn't make them any less fortunate. It just makes them self-centred in the extreme.
Oh ok

We live in an amazing country. Everytime I fly back here I realise how amazingly lucky we are.

Do I appreciate Lumamba? No. He is a half-wit that knows a little bit about a whole bunch.

Wanting to meet with Obama? Why? because he was shot at in Brazil? Cool.........

I am intelligent. I am damn good. So?

#yolo

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

bergholt wrote: And that a white middle-class straight male born in Australia is literally in the top 0.1% luckiest people in the world before they even draw breath.
Wow. Lucky you didn't broadly generalise like that about black people, or gay people, or females. You'd have been labelled racist, or homophobic, or sexist !!

Lucky all people are nothing more than their demographic hey ?? I must remember to remind that young, white straight boy that's being interfered with by his middle class alcoholic mother's new boyfriend just how lucky he is.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
He knows a little about a whole bunch and carries himself as some intelligent masterpiece.

LMFAO

It sounds like you're talking about someone very close to you who you don't know that well.

Very Very funny.

I will make sure when I am President of St Kilda that I crumple up your Membership sonny
Even if this is just an internet forum you are a very weird person.

You're not even in the slightest bit funny.

You're just an Idiot.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
bergholt wrote: And that a white middle-class straight male born in Australia is literally in the top 0.1% luckiest people in the world before they even draw breath.
Wow. Lucky you didn't broadly generalise like that about black people, or gay people, or females. You'd have been labelled racist, or homophobic, or sexist !!

Lucky all people are nothing more than their demographic hey ?? I must remember to remind that young, white straight boy that's being interfered with by his middle class alcoholic mother's new boyfriend just how lucky he is.
I think Beghot was referring to the mean and not the fat tail.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Saints94
SS Life Member

Not in our age bracket & not what we are looking for IMO.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

I wonder if he got on his little moral high horse when Malthouse called Milne a f*cking rapist. selective twat.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Saints94
SS Life Member

millarsaint wrote:I wonder if he got on his little moral high horse when Malthouse called Milne a f*cking rapist. selective twat.
+1, I wonder if he is still going to request meeting Barack Obama or the Dalai Lama, someone thinks his to important lmao. :lol:

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:

LMFAO

Very Very funny.

You're just an Idiot.
Moderators I do not appreciate being disrespected in this capacity

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:I wonder if he got on his little moral high horse when Malthouse called Milne a f*cking rapist. selective twat.
Amen!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:
bergholt wrote:
I concur.
exactly

At least redemmer is consistent. he can hate saints players ala CJ as well as opposition players. Apart from Redeemer others who dislike harry now would call him a deep thinker if he was a saints player. I agree with the last 3 posts even though if this is true why he cracked it i think he has gone a little to far.

Good point Plugger....I reckon its a pile of BS to sway public opinion thru the media (read some of these opinions on this thread...it worked!)

I reckon it goes back to the Eddie Gorilla/ Goodes incident.....the President comes out with that, Lumumba appears on tv to can it....Q: which one of them has had a media ban ever since ? (A:it aint Eddie!)

Be interesting how it plays out

Nee!
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Saints94 wrote:
+1, I wonder if he is still going to request meeting Barack Obama or the Dalai Lama, someone thinks his to important lmao. :lol:

I haven't forgotten the Page 1 stories on the Hun about Harry World Peace & Love wanting to meet President Obama.

No matter where he goes he won't have Eddie pulling in favours for that kind of coverage.

And we're are not taking him because how can you forgive the song and dance over that Milne free kick?

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I don't think this guy would fit into our rebuild model. For starters, he has too much baggage.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:

LMFAO

Very Very funny.

You're just an Idiot.
Moderators I do not appreciate being disrespected in this capacity
Then in what capacity would you like to be disrespected because I can't see any chance of respect coming your way......

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.