Mad Monday !

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Re: Mad Monday !

Why don't all of these latent homosexual footballers come out and be done with it :roll:

Cross dressing and frocking up seems to be de rigueur for footballers (or taking snaps of their teammates in the nude or having a chop at themselves).

I mean most men go through this type of behavior in their teens.

Footballers seem to have arrested development when it comes to their sexuality and cross dressing.

Would be better to admit that they have issues with their sexual identity than to make fools of themselves by looking like adolescent boys paying dress ups.

You are garbage - Enough said
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Why don't all of these latent homosexual footballers come out and be done with it :roll:

Cross dressing and frocking up seems to be de rigueur for footballers (or taking snaps of their teammates in the nude or having a chop at themselves).

Footballers seem to have arrested development when it comes to their sexuality and cross dressing.

Would be better to admit that they have issues with their sexual identity than to make fools of themselves by looking like adolescent boys paying dress ups.
Im a girl

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

The Redeemer wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:Why don't all of these latent homosexual footballers come out and be done with it :roll:

Im a girl

Don't insult girls

stevie
Saintsational Legend

I was more bemused by the reporting in the same article that a Lions player had put on blackface in dressing up as a black NBA player.

How else would his team mates know who he was meant to be?

Lol

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

stevie wrote:I was more bemused by the reporting in the same article that a Lions player had put on blackface in dressing up as a black NBA player.

Lol

lol - well the Saints insulted the disabled last year, might as well round off the mysognist and racist angle as well.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:I was more bemused by the reporting in the same article that a Lions player had put on blackface in dressing up as a black NBA player.

Lol
I guess the named, numbered singlet could give it away…

stevie
Saintsational Legend

I heard that the Suns were locked in Metricon yesty for their pissup. Lol

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:

Im a girl

Don't insult girls
Don't insult...insult

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:Timid Tuesday?
They've just had a full club meeting at Seaford and now they're all off to lunch. Let's hope it's the last we hear about it. :shock: :shock: :shock:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

seriously?
condoning that paedo are we?

wheres the funny side to it?
even if it is a private party
why not just go as jimmy saville ffs
get a clue and have some f****** decorum

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

matrix wrote:seriously?
condoning that paedo are we?

wheres the funny side to it?
even if it is a private party
why not just go as jimmy saville ffs
get a clue and have some f****** decorum

No matrix, sexual assault and destroying young lives is something humorous and to laugh at.

Whats next, they all come as a Hey Dad reunion?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
On the Bench wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:Scrap it...

Can't believe the demons guy being investigated for potentially dressing as Rolf Harris.

Has there been an incident free mad Monday season in years?

I think not.

Im unsure how you scrap it though. I know they have contracts but these guys go all year without being all together having a drink. maybe the clubs have to approve what they wear. 99% of the outfits are fine but some just dont think of the consequences.
How precious are we becoming, when dressing as Rolf at what is a semi private function needs to be investigated?????

I think it was more the other player dressing up as a little girl.
I do recall Geelong players dressing up as St Kilda players with a school girl not that long ago ... Funny enough at the time it was seen as " another great Geelong mad Monday " ... Funny how winning let's you escape criticism yet if you a losing club any thing you do gets the spot light put on ...

It's a fancy dress party for the end of season .. Let's not get to PC mad

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote: ...

It's a fancy dress party for the end of season .. Let's not get to PC mad
You are right Trav. What a nanny state where you cant dress up as a peodophile and laugh at serious sexual assault.

Its PC gone mad

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Poor taste yes but that's the point .. I know you would want them all dressed in nice taylored suits but it's a fancy dress it is meant to be a pisstake plenty of worse costumes on the market

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

bergsone
SS Life Member

Looked nothing like Rolf imo

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:Don't scrap the drinks with the mates, scrap the "mad" element

I dont get how changing the name helps though.
It should be possible to have some drinks with work colleagues at the end of the year without dressing up as a school girl. I manage to do it most years.

It has been called mad Monday years before the dressing up. Telling them not to dress up wont get rid of the name Mad and telling them not to call it mad wont stop dressing up. It will be mad Monday what ever they do and changing the name doesnt stop a thing. Just get all the gear approved by the club or stop the dress ups but let them have a drink in private.
Maybe the problem is we all need something to be outrage about...what would happen to rags like the HS or social media of there was nothing to be outraged about.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Exactly ... Is anyone really outraged by the costume or is it more the fact the media tell us we should be outraged and some of us just tag on for the ride ??

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Glad you guys take sexual assault and peodophilia so lightly.

Maybe a funny dress up of Jill Meagher would have you in stitches.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

It's clearly a bit of that.

But...it is also clearly making light of sexual assault. Which is not a good thing. It's almost saying that what Rolf did isn't really a big deal and we can all have a chuckle about it. Which anyone in public, especially young blokes with young boys and men looking up to them - should not be doing.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

How is dressing up as Rolf taking things lightly ? It's a piss take it's not condoning what Rolf did at all if anything it's poking fun at Rolfs expense ... We use humour like that all the time it's in our nature to take the piss out of something ..
If you can't see the intended joke around it then that's a shame you don't have a light hearted side

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:How is dressing up as Rolf taking things lightly ? It's a piss take it's not condoning what Rolf did at all if anything it's poking fun at Rolfs expense ... We use humour like that all the time it's in our nature to take the piss out of something ..
If you can't see the intended joke around it then that's a shame you don't have a light hearted side

Im pretty sure the issue is the girl with Rolf. Yep 5 years ago that would have been ok but it isnt today. Thats just life. Things change. Sometimes for better and sometimes for the worse.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Im pretty sure the issue is the girl with Rolf. Yep 5 years ago that would have been ok but it isnt today. Thats just life. Things change. Sometimes for better and sometimes for the worse.

So is the change of taking sexual assault seriously better or worse in your eyes P66?

In my eyes, it is much, much, much, better.

No place for making light of something so serious and terrible that destroys lives.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

So is the change of taking sexual assault seriously better or worse in your eyes P66?

No place for making light of something so serious and terrible that destroys lives.

For the better but having said that a comedian would get away with it.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Rolf Harris was a comedian and he didn't get away with it.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Rolf Harris was a comedian and he didn't get away with it.

You know what i mean.