Petracca

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Re: Petracca

Can Petracca hit a target? Not from the highlights I've seen. For a number one pick I expect Robert Harvey lace out delivery thanks. :twisted:

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

If we get the Petracca , then surely we will also need a compass , a set square and a ruler !

In red white and black from 73
gringo
Saintsational Legend

He just reminds me of those big boy mid forwards like Chapman, Riscutto, Dangerfield etc. All over sized lumps who can go forward. He has Judd like ability breaking out of a pack.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

:roll:
Munga wrote:Can Petracca hit a target? Not from the highlights I've seen. For a number one pick I expect Robert Harvey lace out delivery thanks. :twisted:
Pelchen has said they are going for the best available so from what you say he won't waste pick one on Petracca.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote::roll:
Munga wrote:Can Petracca hit a target? Not from the highlights I've seen. For a number one pick I expect Robert Harvey lace out delivery thanks. :twisted:
Pelchen has said they are going for the best available so from what you say he won't waste pick one on Petracca.

Mc Cartin can't kick his goals under pressure either. Wright had a dominant game on the week end ...... 29 or so possessions and about 4 goals :shock: if memory serves correct for a 200 cm forward/ ruck. There is a guy called Mc Kenzie that a few on BF like who is coming quickly up the draft order and we will be hoping might make a dominant key forward. I still like the idea of lamb with our second too. that is if we grab Petracca with pick one. Kietel would be an okay second rounder too.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

This Petracca hasn'r had a touch this afternoon. Is he even playing ?

What a waste of a No 1 pick,knew we shouldhave gone for McCartin :wink:

You are garbage - Enough said
Heidelberg_Saint
Club Player

Petracca named best for Eastern Ranges again today - waste of a pick??

Wears number 7 for Eastern, maybe Lenny might like to rethink who he hands no. 7 to?

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Named best again today for (Eastern) in TAC Cup 1 point loss to Dragons

saint4life
older saint
SS Life Member

With Pelchen saying best available i think the in their eyes Petracca has gone to no.1 as prior to this there has been talk about needing KPP over the next few years. The one thing to consider though is that 2015 draft will be mids early ( Saints will have early pick again) so do you bank McCartin now and get the mid help late first round early 2nd in 2014 and gun top 3 mid 2015?

Jimmy O'Dea
Club Player

I am 95% certain we will take Peter Wright. A bit more risk than McCartin but could be anything given size and athleticism. He timed his performance very well on the weekend and with the Cannons reoprting he is the best big man they have ever had (as they do) the momentum and push for him to be no 1 will gather force.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

After White's improved VFL form and solid debut combined with Patton's injury, I am really hoping we go for Petracca with one. I'd love to watch this kind of team play a year of footy, developing and improving:

B: Dempster, Delaney, Geary
HB: Fisher, Bruce, Webster
C: Riewoldt, Armitage, Wright
HF: Billings, Stanley, Lee
F: Petracca, White, Templeton

Foll: Hickey, Steven, Dunstan
Int: Gilbert, Savage, Montagna, Weller

Emg: Acres, Longer, Curren, Ray, Murdoch, Ross, Saunders, Siposs, Simpkin, Shenton, Roberton

70s sainter
Club Player

If we get petracca this year we can always chase Boyd or Cameron next year with our first pick ( maybe pick one , two or 3. ) and a player . Maybe even a 3 way involving Stanley now that White is a star.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Surely Whites game doesnt take McCartin off the list. Did we also see Stanleys game. I have no idea who they should pick but todays game hopefully means jack to our recruiters.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

The hot rumour is we are chasing Tom Boyd with our first pick (99% will be pick 1). We put a lot of work into securing pick 1 to get Boyd last year but failed. Going hard again this year and if we don't get him we'll go again next year when his contract expires. If the rumour is true I dare say we've got a big offer put forward to his management and we'll get him either this year or next year.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote: I have no idea who they should pick but todays game hopefully means jack to our recruiters.
So Jack in a swap for #1 you reckon. Do you think Sydney will go for that?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote: I have no idea who they should pick but todays game hopefully means jack to our recruiters.

Jack who? Sydney dont have pick one.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

So are you saying Sydney have jack to trade?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

Of course they do. they have 2 of them.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

Of course they do. they have 2 of them.
OK so your mail two jacks for the #1 pick.

Will Sydney go for that?

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:Named best again today for (Eastern) in TAC Cup 1 point loss to Dragons
Brayshaw named best for Sandringham and kicked 3 (one more than Petracca) - should he be number 1??

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Heidelberg_Saint wrote:Also goes to the same school at Alan Richardson's sons, Whitefriars College. Also the former school of Heidelberg_Saint! Go Petracca Go!
Paul Van De Haar is probably the best football player from Whitefriars. Lets hope Petracca is even better

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Petracca is the no-brainer if we have pick No1. Don't trade that No 1 pick Saintas, just grab Petracca. He is the one obvious standout in this draft.

If we don't have pick No1 we won't get Petracca(!) Simple as that. So in that case, I would definitely look to be trading whatever number pick that would be.

Petracca is fast, strong, aggressive, a good kick, very good (not just good) overhead, kicks goals from half forward and whilst on the ball. A near-certainty to be a very very good AFL player, and a pretty damn good chance to eventually be one of the game's greats. Yep, that good IMHO.

McCartin on the other hand I reckon is very very high risk to become a player of the level you'd want/need from a No1 or 2 draft pick. He's also a bit of a risk to make it as an AFL player at all. Gets his goals from finding space on the lead... so, like he'll get too many chances to continually find space in today's game of floods and presses...? Not likely.

But for me, the absolute deal breaker/end of story issue for today's footy... he can only play the one position. (And that position ain't on-the-ball.)

Now, is there some way we can avoid the wooden spoon and get Petracca...?

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:Petracca is the no-brainer if we have pick No1. Don't trade that No 1 pick Saintas, just grab Petracca. He is the one obvious standout in this draft.

If we don't have pick No1 we won't get Petracca(!) Simple as that. So in that case, I would definitely look to be trading whatever number pick that would be.

Petracca is fast, strong, aggressive, a good kick, very good (not just good) overhead, kicks goals from half forward and whilst on the ball. A near-certainty to be a very very good AFL player, and a pretty damn good chance to eventually be one of the game's greats. Yep, that good IMHO.

McCartin on the other hand I reckon is very very high risk to become a player of the level you'd want/need from a No1 or 2 draft pick. He's also a bit of a risk to make it as an AFL player at all. Gets his goals from finding space on the lead... so, like he'll get too many chances to continually find space in today's game of floods and presses...? Not likely.

But for me, the absolute deal breaker/end of story issue for today's footy... he can only play the one position. (And that position ain't on-the-ball.)

Now, is there some way we can avoid the wooden spoon and get Petracca...?

Yes we wouldnt get him because GWS dont want a KPP but if it was brisbane with the first pick then McCartin would be one. We need both a KPP and mids. Just as an aside how often have you seen these guys play? I ask because I have seen both only twice so its impossible to know who is better.

evo
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:The hot rumour is we are chasing Tom Boyd with our first pick (99% will be pick 1). We put a lot of work into securing pick 1 to get Boyd last year but failed. Going hard again this year and if we don't get him we'll go again next year when his contract expires. If the rumour is true I dare say we've got a big offer put forward to his management and we'll get him either this year or next year.
This was mentioned on BF as well. Hope it is true ! :P

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Peter Wright has moved back up the order from his performance too.