Brian Speaking

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

defacto
Club Player

Re: Brian Speaking

geeze some people are gullible. stop and think about it for a second...

you just gave him the attention he craves

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Gee Whizz that is an exciting rumour.
I know JC has had his injury problems this year but the guy is an absolute GUN.
He is only 21 so will be only 27 when we are really challenging in 2020.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Would rather build our midfield stocks.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Bunk_Moreland wrote:from bigfooty, usually a pretty accurate source, just tweeter
What's this guys history that makes him pretty accurate? Don't spend all that much time on BF myself.

Good rumour though, surprised he would want us though, he just spent a couple years on the bottom and would spend a couple more with us.
Perhaps GWS told him he would move to backline to leave Patton and Boyd forward?

Who knows, just don't offer overs. Perhaps straight swap as we could be picking mccartin anyway so we don't really lose much.

PJ
SS Life Member

You'd think if it's true we will probably offer a player as well.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:Would rather build our midfield stocks.
I wanted Petracca but if you get a chance at a player like Cameron you move on it. Cameron is another Rooey, the once in a generation chance. Petracca could be but might not. Known quantity versus a maybe.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Griggsy wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:from bigfooty, usually a pretty accurate source, just tweeter
What's this guys history that makes him pretty accurate? Don't spend all that much time on BF myself.

Good rumour though, surprised he would want us though, he just spent a couple years on the bottom and would spend a couple more with us.
Perhaps GWS told him he would move to backline to leave Patton and Boyd forward?

Who knows, just don't offer overs. Perhaps straight swap as we could be picking mccartin anyway so we don't really lose much.

Yeah well our season is only just kicking off so I thought i would post the rumour.

How a deal could be done is moot. We dont even know what pick we will have so how can we have a done deal?

You are garbage - Enough said
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
saint-stu wrote:I don't get why we would give more than our first pick. If he's out of contract, surely he could just walk and we'd pick him up for our first pick anyway?
We are not guaranteed to have THE first pick though.
No but if we don't then you'd think GWS WOULD have the first pick in the draft so it is a moot point.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
evo
Club Player

Our first round pick (1-4) + Armo

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Brian claims to know insiders and was calling Watters early so might have some knowledge. He's pretty controversial and a few people pull him up on big calls.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Why?
We have a huge deficiency up forward in the future, unless you call Tom Lee a player.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

If you post enough rumours you will get one right. A couple of things that dont make sense. Firstly it is my opinion that if they lose their best forward then pick one cant get it done and surely GWS would want players before picks. We have one plyer that is tradable and thats Jack. Losing Jack and Lenny would mean Cameron is useless. Secondly pick one cant get it done. And finally does Cameron like pain? Going from a side on the up to a side that hasnt reached the bottom yet.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:If you post enough rumours you will get one right. A couple of things that dont make sense. Firstly it is my opinion that if they lose their best forward then pick one cant get it done and surely GWS would want players before picks. We have one plyer that is tradable and thats Jack. Losing Jack and Lenny would mean Cameron is useless. Secondly pick one cant get it done. And finally does Cameron like pain? Going from a side on the up to a side that hasnt reached the bottom yet.
Yes it is only a rumour with a lot of holes, but our footy season is just starting now - i.e. trading and drafting time.

Still I dont understand your last sentence.Does Delaney, Bruce , Hickey and Longer like pain? Maybe he just wants to play with the Saints.

But apart from that, the rest of what you say is pretty spot on I would think

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:If you post enough rumours you will get one right. A couple of things that dont make sense. Firstly it is my opinion that if they lose their best forward then pick one cant get it done and surely GWS would want players before picks. We have one plyer that is tradable and thats Jack. Losing Jack and Lenny would mean Cameron is useless. Secondly pick one cant get it done. And finally does Cameron like pain? Going from a side on the up to a side that hasnt reached the bottom yet.
Yes it is only a rumour with a lot of holes, but our footy season is just starting now - i.e. trading and drafting time.

Still I dont understand your last sentence.Does Delaney, Bruce , Hickey and Longer like pain? Maybe he just wants to play with the Saints.

I dont know if they like pain. Were they wanted by 17 other clubs though. Doubtful. Were they getting a game every week where they were. No.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

I dont know if they like pain. Were they wanted by 17 other clubs though. Doubtful. Were they getting a game every week where they were. No.
Hamill and Gehrig were getting games every week.

Headland was a member of a premiership team and left for Freo.

Why bag out the Saints. It happens in every club.

apparently he is a Saints fan. That usually doesn't mean a thing a most players supported a team they dont play for, but still he may want to come home and see an opportunity to play for the Saints.

Still I will believe when I see it

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
I wanted Petracca but if you get a chance at a player like Cameron you move on it. Cameron is another Rooey, the once in a generation chance. Petracca could be but might not. Known quantity versus a maybe.
Yeah I know what you mean. My thoughts about it are influenced by him not having as good a season this year. Had a bit if injury I know, but am wondering if other teams have worked him out a bit. Haven't seen enough of him to comment with any sense of knowing what I'm talking about re Cameron. Just wondering.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Why?
We have a huge deficiency up forward in the future, unless you call Tom Lee a player.
I reckon there's no hurry. There will be opportunities down the track for KPP's. We'll probably have pick 1 pr 2 next year as well. GWS can't possibly hold on to all their high picks in years to come and in a year or two we might be interested in someone through FA (if it's still going).
I reckon the guts of the team is through the middle. Build that foundation first.
Can understand though, the attraction of someone like Cameron.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

Hamill and Gehrig were getting games every week.

Headland was a member of a premiership team and left for Freo.

Why bag out the Saints. It happens in every club.

apparently he is a Saints fan. That usually doesn't mean a thing a most players supported a team they dont play for, but still he may want to come home and see an opportunity to play for the Saints.

Still I will believe when I see it
I am 100% sure we wouldnt have got either hamill or G without Blight coaching and Headland went home. I agree you can get players from other clubs if you are a bottom side. Mitch Clark to melbourne is proof of that but its much harder firstly and secondly as pointed out previously there are more holes in the story than my knitting. And I aint bagging the saints. Dont get that at all. Cameron doesnt follow the Saints by the way but that means jack anyway.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Brian speaking is involved in APS footy so has some contact with recruiters. He use to flick a few rumours around that eventuated but seems his source or sources have stopped providing him info. He craves attention and regularly states big news via social media but unfortunately nothing he's stating has been true for a couple of years. The guys a bit of an oxygen theif to be honest. I would take this rumour with a grain a salt. Still could be some truth to it but don't get your hopes up.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Lat time I checked, we are bottom with 4 wins and a percentage of 63%.

We must be close.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
busso mick
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:Brian speaking is involved in APS footy so has some contact with recruiters. He use to flick a few rumours around that eventuated but seems his source or sources have stopped providing him info. He craves attention and regularly states big news via social media but unfortunately nothing he's stating has been true for a couple of years. The guys a bit of an oxygen theif to be honest. I would take this rumour with a grain a salt. Still could be some truth to it but don't get your hopes up.
Well said OM, most of the time he is not Brain Speaking.

howlinwolf
Club Player

I think it would be a great get.
JC ticks a lot of boxes for us.
Incredible talent as proved by kicking so many bags in a team like GWS.
Key forward to replace Roo and that timing would be just perfect.
Right age for our next charge up the ladder.
Victorian that wants to come to melb,is a Saints supporter (reportedly) and interviews well.Carries himself quite well from what I've seen.
This would also be a boost for membership. Shows lost members we have a capable management and spark some interest in us again.

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

howlinwolf wrote:I think it would be a great get.
JC ticks a lot of boxes for us.
Incredible talent as proved by kicking so many bags in a team like GWS.
Key forward to replace Roo and that timing would be just perfect.
Right age for our next charge up the ladder.
Victorian that wants to come to melb,is a Saints supporter (reportedly) and interviews well.Carries himself quite well from what I've seen.
This would also be a boost for membership. Shows lost members we have a capable management and spark some interest in us again.

Sounds good but how do we possibly get him.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Can't see this happening and no way that a deal has been worked out.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Why?
I reckon there's no hurry. There will be opportunities down the track for KPP's. We'll probably have pick 1 pr 2 next year as well. GWS can't possibly hold on to all their high picks in years to come and in a year or two we might be interested in someone through FA (if it's still going).
I reckon the guts of the team is through the middle. Build that foundation first.
Can understand though, the attraction of someone like Cameron.
Fair call. You make an interesting observation re FA. "If it still exists".
I wonder if Pelican has a plan B if this eventuates???

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.