Riewoldt Showing His Obvious Frustration

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Re: Riewoldt Showing His Obvious Frustration

I have no doubt that certain players get jittery when making the decision whether to kick it to Roo or not.

I'd swear several feel pressured to give it to him every time.

Riewoldt s***s me.

PJ
SS Life Member

Old Mate wrote:I recall two occasions where Roo had the ball kicked over his head and then stood at a standstill and didn't turnaround and man the mark or chase his opponent. Clearly frustrated but this was not a good look for his younger team mates and simply not a good look for the St Kilda FC and its fans. I understand he's frustrated as the ball is not delivered to him as it should be but in my opinion he needs this not to become a trend.
Completely disagree, yes he looked frustrated but go back and look at the replay. He chased his ar#e off. If he didn't go once or twice perhaps thats because of how many leads he'd made leading up to that point.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

I find the concept of an incredibly highly paid captain of a football club getting 'frustrated' by having to play and help rebuild a s*** team after playing finals for a decade - really weird.

He knows we suck. He knew we sucked when he re-signed. He's publicly stated that his role is to help the young blokes build for the future.

So why would he be getting frustrated and cracking the sads when he isn't getting the pill lace out every time?

If we get belted by 50 points instead of 80 and he kicks 5 each week because he's getting good delivery, would that ease his frustration? And if so, why?

It's not about him anymore.

Him berating blokes for not kicking to him is appalling. I fail to see how that helps us rebuild.

I'd prefer him berating Montagna for piss weak physical efforts, or Gwilt for dogging it, or Dempster for pathetic skill errors rather than him huffing and puffing and yelling at kids for not kicking it to him perfectly every time.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:I find the concept of an incredibly highly paid captain of a football club getting 'frustrated' by having to play and help rebuild a s*** team after playing finals for a decade - really weird.

He knows we suck. He knew we sucked when he re-signed. He's publicly stated that his role is to help the young blokes build for the future.

So why would he be getting frustrated and cracking the sads when he isn't getting the pill lace out every time?

If we get belted by 50 points instead of 80 and he kicks 5 each week because he's getting good delivery, would that ease his frustration? And if so, why?

Him berating blokes for not kicking to him is appalling. I fail to see how that helps us rebuild.

I'd prefer him berating Montagna for piss weak physical efforts, or Gwilt for dogging it, or Dempster for pathetic skill errors rather than him huffing and puffing and yelling at kids for not kicking it to him perfectly every time.

Lot od guess work there but to be expected when you say he s***s you. Maybe he is just get frustrated because he knows they have the skills and he is pissed off when they dont use them or maybe he just really wants to win. Dont worry I reckon Lenny gives guys sprays as well but he is usually much closer to the player so it isnt as obvious. See I can guess as well.

PJ
SS Life Member

Johnny Member wrote:I find the concept of an incredibly highly paid captain of a football club getting 'frustrated' by having to play and help rebuild a s*** team after playing finals for a decade - really weird.

"Kicking it to him perfectly" man you have to be kidding.

He did about 6 repeat leads and got 10 metre clear of his opponent only to have Jimmy G kick it straight over his head onto his exhausted opponents chest. If you'd be happy after that then hey go for it.

Can you also recount how many times he definitively sprayed the youngsters last week or is this guess work?

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

I don't even know why Gwilt kicked it to him. And I don't even know why Riewoldt led for it!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:I don't even know why Gwilt kicked it to him. And I don't even know why Riewoldt led for it!

To make space behind him. You do that dont you? if he doesnt lead then there are 3 or 4 players in the goal square. Its up to Jimmy to use his brain as Rooy had already used his.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

As I said above, from the outer, 'using your brain' and deciding not to kick it to Riewoldt often ends in a spray from the captain!

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

They get the jitters!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:As I said above, from the outer, 'using your brain' and deciding not to kick it to Riewoldt often ends in a spray from the captain!

I must miss that. All I saw was Rooy completely frustrated and didnt say a word. Can you tell me all of them on Sunday and I will watch the tape because you seem to have a bias against Rooy for some reason.
Last edited by plugger66 on Tue 08 Jul 2014 1:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

bigred wrote:They should rest him this week.
Can't see them resting him when there's a week off in two weeks.

PJ
SS Life Member

Johnny Member wrote:I don't even know why Gwilt kicked it to him. And I don't even know why Riewoldt led for it!
He didn't that's the point.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:They get the jitters!
I agree with this

I think they cop it from all angles.

Media, coaching staff, fans, general footy public...

They are told they are wrecking him, unworthy of him.

Self fulfilling.

It's not just Roo spraying them, it's the aura that's become quite consuming.

We needed a new captain, so that its not arguably our greatest of all times and captain demanding the footy.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:They get the jitters!
I agree with this

I think they cop it from all angles.

Media, coaching staff, fans, general footy public...

They are told they are wrecking him, unworthy of him.

Self fulfilling.

It's not just Roo spraying them, it's the aura that's become quite consuming.

We needed a new captain, so that its not arguably our greatest of all times and captain demanding the footy.

Because if he isnt captain he will stop doing that. Actually he wont. You have some interesting ideas SK. Pretty sure you will disappointed again next year because Rooy will be captain IMO. And the players must get the jitters all around the ground.

jamesmc
Club Player

PJ wrote:

He did about 6 repeat leads and got 10 metre clear of his opponent only to have Jimmy G kick it straight over his head onto his exhausted opponents chest. If you'd be happy after that then hey go for it.

Can you also recount how many times he definitively sprayed the youngsters last week or is this guess work?
" He did about 6 repeat leads and got 10 metre clear " man you have to be kidding.

A bit of mustard added to this statement as well

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Ok there is an elephant in the room that SK "might" be alluding to & if not Im going to
On the weekend against carlton delivery to Roo was laughable & after a while I began to think it was deliberate
As SK said why is that delivery into the 50 is the problem, they can progress the ball out of the backline & through the middle reasonably well, but as soon as it gets to the next pass to the blonde haired one it all goes astray.
In a very recent thread many respondents here claimed the reason SWatters was sacked was because he lost the players -
why cant the same be said of a captain?

Seeya
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I don't think he's lost them, I think they love him, but purely because of who he is...his standing in the game, his aura, it's beyond suffocating.

When one guy is built up to be the identity of your footy club, it's time to make a change.

I reiterate, it's not his fault.

The berating is just a footnote of a bigger issue.

I like the idea of co-captains, it's really grown on me.

Roo will still be our best player, and one of the greatest CHF of the modern era, and will go down as one of our greatest of all times.

Cheers.

PJ
SS Life Member

jamesmc wrote:
PJ wrote:

" He did about 6 repeat leads and got 10 metre clear " man you have to be kidding.

A bit of mustard added to this statement as well
So you think Roo didn't make 6 repeat leads or don't you think he was 10 metres clear? If you're going to discredit what I've said then tell us what happened or are you just attempting to be humorous.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Roo is one of the best Saints to ever play the game but hes a s*** bloke and its a team game so that matters.

fact.

Although I dont expect many of the fanbois on here to take this well.

PJ
SS Life Member

What is absolutely staggering about this thread is that people are blaming Riewoldt for some players poor disposal and our lack of forwards with anything like afl skill level. Seriously??

Because he is demanding our poor little, fearful players are wetting their pants at having to pass to him - what a crock. If they are then they need to HTFU and start taking responsibility for your sh#t disposal.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Roo is one of the best Saints to ever play the game but hes a s*** bloke and its a team game so that matters.

fact.

Seems a lovely guy.

Don't buy that at all.

It's everyone else that's built him up that are at fault.

I will (continue to) argue it's the club is long overdue for new leadership, but I won't agree that his reign wasn't immense.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Roo is one of the best Saints to ever play the game but hes a s*** bloke and its a team game so that matters.

fact.
You know him personally?

Why is he a "s*** bloke"? He seems to be very professional at what he does. Seems to be highly respected by his colleagues and opposition players alike.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
PJ
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:

fact.

Seems a lovely guy.

Don't buy that at all.

It's everyone else that's built him up that are at fault.

I will (continue to) argue it's the club is long overdue for new leadership, but I won't agree that his reign wasn't immense.
Agree SK I don't get all the Riewoldt negativity. There are clearly frustrated supporters that are venting at him.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

I've never rated him as highly as everyone else, both in terms of ability and influence in the club.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

fact.

Your facts are hilarious. Everyone who seems to know him thinks the exact opposite of that. Sometimes you really make yourself sound like a fool. This is one.