Hello Shane

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hello Shane

58ter wrote:He'll play the exact role that Guerra did with Hawthorn
without the sly elbows and sniping of unsuspecting players

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

I prefer to look at the trade this way.

Hawks lost Buddy and Savage and gained McEvoy and Hartung.
Saints lost McEvoy and gained Savage, Dunstan and Acres.

Any way you look at that its a win for us.

I'm glad Sav is showing us what he is capable of, for those who wrote him off after two months of footy, humble pie hey. Well done Sav and keep it going!

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:Maybe he is more than just the steak knives part of the Big Mac deal.

I think we won that deal.

The Pelican knows his stuff.
Even if Savage was a dud we won that deal.

Besides steak knives can be very useful.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
dragit
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:I prefer to look at the trade this way.

I'm glad Sav is showing us what he is capable of, for those who wrote him off after two months of footy, humble pie hey. Well done Sav and keep it going!
We lost McEvoy & 24 (Dal Santo compo) & 59 for those players… still a win.

Milne
Club Player

We definitely won this trade. Took a chance on a young bloke who couldn't get a regular run in a premiership side, and picked up 2 promising youngsters.

Savage has found his role in the team, and I hope he continues this form for the rest of the season. Well done!

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Milne wrote:We definitely won this trade. Took a chance on a young bloke who couldn't get a regular run in a premiership side, and picked up 2 promising youngsters.

Savage has found his role in the team, and I hope he continues this form for the rest of the season. Well done!
I believe both the Hawks and Saints will come out winners in this.

Macevoy is still a classy ruck who in all probability get back in the seniors this week and Hartaung is showing some promise.

Dunstan has been pretty good and will only get better.

Savage is starting to settle and play good honest "Hawthorn like" football for us which can only be a positive

Acres has show little as he has been injured.

In a year or two when Dunstan and Acres are showing real potential and Savage is a mainstay in the seniors, and the Hawks are staring down another flag and Hartaung is going well, the fools at SEN and other who bagged the Saints for the trade will be nowhere to be seen.

You are garbage - Enough said
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

dragit wrote:
St Ick wrote:I prefer to look at the trade this way.

We lost McEvoy & 24 (Dal Santo compo) & 59 for those players… still a win.
Nope. Dal Santo compo was after our original pick 24 so pick 25, and that went to Brissy with a pick downgrade for Billy Longer.

I didn't bother with who lost draft picks as such, only players won and lost from both teams - note that the pick 59 was only a rookie upgrade pick.

To be technical, we 'lost' McEvoy and Hartung and gained our three. Hawks 'lost' Buddy, Dunstan, (then Acres after Buddy compo) and Savage and gained Mac, Hartung and upgraded Ceglar to main list - now do you know why I simplified it? :D

Strength through Loyalty
dragit
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote: To be technical, we 'lost' McEvoy and Hartung and gained our three. Hawks 'lost' Buddy, Dunstan, (then Acres after Buddy compo) and Savage and gained Mac, Hartung and upgraded Ceglar to main list - now do you know why I simplified it? :D
Yep, I guess I was just suggesting that McEvoy didn't land us all that talent in return as we had that Hartung pick as you mentioned, which we slightly upgraded.

I wonder if Acres might have lasted to 24, just like I wonder if we'd taken Seb Ross with pick 20 when we downgraded it.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

dragit wrote:
St Ick wrote: To be technical, we 'lost' McEvoy and Hartung and gained our three. Hawks 'lost' Buddy, Dunstan, (then Acres after Buddy compo) and Savage and gained Mac, Hartung and upgraded Ceglar to main list - now do you know why I simplified it? :D
Yep, I guess I was just suggesting that McEvoy didn't land us all that talent in return as we had that Hartung pick as you mentioned, which we slightly upgraded.

I wonder if Acres might have lasted to 24, just like I wonder if we'd taken Seb Ross with pick 20 when we downgraded it.
I doubt Blake would've lasted but we will never know. I think we were in shock he got all the way to our picks tbh.

An interesting fact for you all now, pick 59 was the pick Hawks used to upgrade Ceglar from the rookie list, Ceglar is the in form ruck keeping Big Mac out of the team, means nothing, but interesting none the less.

The fact Dees offered a pick in the 20s for Sav alone means we got a great deal from the Hawks.

Strength through Loyalty