GWILT out forever....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint-stu
Club Player

Re: GWILT out forever....

Hurricane wrote:Not his first sub par game. I've been calling for him to be delisted for at least 5 years. Nowhere near good enough

BANG BANG
He had the best year of his career 5 years ago in 2010, so that would have been a pretty stupid call back then.

1ac46a38
#gosaintas
Club Player

The last 3 years he has been atrocious and yes, he was our worst. He is the worst defender in the AFL by a street.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

oldie60 wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:How many worst on grounds can this guy put in before he is dropped forever?
As many as Richo thinks in the hope of stopping our current bleeding. With all due respect i have doubted some of Richo's decisions and at the moment i don't think that having most of our older senior players playing is helping anyone. If we are going to rebuild then for godsake bite the bullet and play as many of the young blokes because we're getting belted anyways so challenge them.
+ 1
Jimmy cant play tall and cant play small or medium.

There is a worry about playing kids for the sake of playing kids but right now we are playing older guys for the sake of playing old guys - and they know it. We should not become the Retirement/Superannuation fund for the class of 2010.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Always considered Jimmys skills to be overrated, I remember some heated discussion years ago on here about it - in saying that I don't like to kick our boys when they are down so I'll just say I think he has played his final game for the saints tbh.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
oldie60
Club Player

During our good years it was always stated that we had far too many B grade players and not enough A grades to win a flag and i think that the B graders have been found out in recent times as they were ok when we had the goodies up and about but now a few years on and the loss of Dal,BJ,Milne,Kosi,Blake, Fisher injured,Gilbert,Hayes,Rooey and Joey older, the B graders such as Gwilt have been found out and are obviously older so they can't improve.Unfortunately most of our senior list would push the proverbial to get a game with a Gold Coast or GWS.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

oldie60 wrote:During our good years it was always stated that we had far too many B grade players and not enough A grades to win a flag and i think that the B graders have been found out in recent times as they were ok when we had the goodies up and about but now a few years on and the loss of Dal,BJ,Milne,Kosi,Blake, Fisher injured,Gilbert,Hayes,Rooey and Joey older, the B graders such as Gwilt have been found out and are obviously older so they can't improve.Unfortunately most of our senior list would push the proverbial to get a game with a Gold Coast or GWS.
Few on our list would get games at GWS and GC.
Very Few.

wally
Club Player

He was playing well before the knee and has failed to return to that form/ability,but the backline isn't as good either.
Might be a case as is a few players that they are not great players in their own right and is highlighted in a generally poor side.

wally
Club Player

He was playing well before the knee and has failed to return to that form/ability,but the backline isn't as good either.
Might be a case as is a few players that they are not great players in their own right and is highlighted in a generally poor side.

stjohnc
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Having a very poor games. Unsure we need threads like this.
+1

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

stjohnc wrote:
+1
So he just gets a permanent spot in the side for as long as he wants regardless of form and we shouldn't question it?
Ok.

P66 has spoken - Gwilt plays for as long as he wants, week in week out and us dumb fans shouldnt dare question this ever.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Like a 'real' business, he is a waste of money and time moving forward.

Good work earning 300k+ doing f*** all for the past 3 seasons

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
stjohnc wrote:
+1
So he just gets a permanent spot in the side for as long as he wants regardless of form and we shouldn't question it?
Ok.

P66 has spoken - Gwilt plays for as long as he wants, week in week out and us dumb fans shouldnt dare question this ever.

Con you never address what is written Its all very childish. Do you think a player who has been at our club for 10 years trying his guts out needs a thread called GWILT out forver. I dont and even the guy who wrote said he probably didnt need to say that. So Con address that and not something that has never been said.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Yes yes its so childish to question the club.
I mean being on the bottom and one flag in 120 years.
I mean how dare us fools question their decision making.
You are right as usual pluggs. The club always knows best. So much hysterical misinformed nonsense on here.
Thank goodness we all have u to set us straight and put us back into line.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Yes yes its so childish to question the club.
You right pluggs. The club always knows best. So much hysterical misinformed nonsense on here.
Thank goodness we all have u to set us straight and put is back into line.

Another childish response to a simple question Con. You sound like a kid who has lost his favourite bit of leggo.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

You are right as usual pluggs. The club always knows best. So much hysterical misinformed nonsense on here.
Is this for real?
SHouldn't this stuff be deleted, surely its off topic.

saint-stu
Club Player

If you're willing to say this stuff to his face, then fine, post it. If not then its cowardly.

1ac46a38
felix
Club Player

I don't understand why your so upset con it's just business as usual surely your use to it by now.

Schillaci
Club Player

Maybe not forever...depends how many we turn over at years end. 4 delistings leap out at me without thinking about retirements...he might be safe. Just.

stjohnc
Club Player

The age listed him as our best last week but not one post here of support, He's our whipping boy now that Raph has gone,
Was he our worst ?, not by a long way
Still one of the best kicks in the side
why not threads on jack, Farren, snydes or any other of the dozen players that put in shockers ?
Savage this week was good, a few weeks ago he was dud according to quite a few.
Today I've read that half the team, the coach and the president should all be removed
Did anyone expect we would be anywhere other than where we are atm.

oldie60
Club Player

I don't think anyone would have thought otherwise, its just become concerning that with all the inexperience we currently have in the side we probably have a higher expectation of our Senior players which they are no longer able to fulfill. Probably a bit harsh on Gwilt but there have been posts on Clint Jones,Ray,Schneids and even some sly digs at Joey.The way the list is at this point in time the experienced players will probably bear the brunt of the criticism.

stjohnc
Club Player

But to call him a prick, as one poster did in the match day thread, is totally unacceptable

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

stjohnc wrote:The age listed him as our best last week but not one post here of support, He's our whipping boy now that Raph has gone,
why not threads on jack, Farren, snydes or any other of the dozen players that put in shockers ?
Today I've read that half the team, the coach and the president should all be removed
Good post. And the one below as well. Jimmy is not our problem. Not his best day by a long shot, but he was in good (?) company there. It may well be his last year, but give him some respect.

Always loyal
stjohnc
Club Player

120 games puts him around 84 of most games played for the saints. he has now played more games than Baldock
despite being a low draft Pick 63 in 2004 he has
Played and held his spot in the strongest sides we've fielded in the last decade
188 cm tall and more often than not has to take opponents much taller
Bloody oath he deserves respect, any player that pulls on the S.Kilda jumper deserves respect

Apples
Club Player

SemperFidelis wrote:
stjohnc wrote:The age listed him as our best last week but not one post here of support, He's our whipping boy now that Raph has gone,
Good post. And the one below as well. Jimmy is not our problem. Not his best day by a long shot, but he was in good (?) company there. It may well be his last year, but give him some respect.
Agree with StJohnc, one of our best last week and not the worst today, Dennis-Lane wins that by the length of the straight. What about Demptster, doesn't know how to punch, continually tries to mark from behind and his disposal makes Gwilt look like Darren Jarman

Sobraz
SS Life Member

There's a lot worse than Gwilt.

Particularly given that he is playing every week under sized with Bruce in the 2's, and being used as our avenue out of defence to a stagnant midfield and non existent forward line.

Struggling no doubt, but far from our worst. Not sure what Dempster has done to fly under Gwilts radar, been twice as bad on easier jobs.