Is there any chance H. Goddard could slip to our second pick

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Is there any chance H. Goddard could slip to our second

plugger66 wrote:
Why would you train it Con and you have been told we cant get Heeney.
So Swans get any NSW player priority on a round by round basis?
i.e if they use pick 17 on him - we cant use pick 1 on him?

Thats a farking unfair rule.
It also means for e.g they get would get Wayne Carey (Wagga Wagga) at pick 17/18.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

It also means for e.g they get would get Wayne Carey (Wagga Wagga) at pick 17/18.

Not if they finished 14th.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Nothing to do with zoning, Con. They get Heeney cos he's part of their academy. They identified his talent when he was about 12 years old and have put 6 years of development into him. Same with Crows and Tex Walker and us with Jackson Ferguson although only the northern states have academy access now, cos you know, the Swans need more help, same with the expansion clubs. Another of Dimwits ideas to make rugby state teams strong whilst neglecting clubs like ours.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I am hoping someone like Paul Ahearn drops to our 2nd round pick. Speed in the mid-field. Just what we need.

Jimmy O'Dea
Club Player

damienc wrote:He had a pretty ordinary Under 18 championship. McCartin seems to me to be a better fit. He has a touch of the old time footballer about him. Can take a mark and likes to push opponents out of the way. Also like Petracca who had a monster championship. Was the Division One B & F. We also need a tall KPP defender and i quite like Durstin from SA. I guess Peter Wright from Vic Metro will come into calculation but I see him as a natural ruckman rather than someone who could hold down FF or CHF. I guess the only positive we can take from season 2014 is that finishing last means we get the first two draft picks. Our only hope is the future because right now we are the worst team in the competition by a considerable margin. Pretty tough being a Saints supporter but I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

Also looking forward to discarding the deadwood. Happily say goodbye to Maister, TDL, Milera, Stanley ( yes Stanley). Given every chance but has not got what it takes. Such a waste of natural talent.

I just wish we had a forward line like Sydney with Buddy and Tippett. Roo is a champion but he gets pathetic service and has to beat three or four players every week just to get the ball. Maybe the coach ought to consider moving him to the midfield to give him a chance at having an impact. We have nothing to lose. These days that's all we seem to be good at.
Yep an ordinary under 18 champs from Hugh Goddard and he could slip to second round. I was hoping Jayden Laverde had an ordinary championships and would go second round. No such luck as the kid tore it up. Going to be a star 190cm plus super fast mid who is just at home up forward. I actually like him so much I would now take him ahead of Petracca or McCartin which I would not have even considered three months ago. Massive upside.

Jimmy O'Dea
Club Player

borderbarry wrote:I am hoping someone like Paul Ahearn drops to our 2nd round pick. Speed in the mid-field. Just what we need.
Unfortunately no chance of this happening

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Jimmy O'Dea wrote:
damienc wrote:He had a pretty ordinary Under 18 championship. McCartin seems to me to be a better fit. He has a touch of the old time footballer about him. Can take a mark and likes to push opponents out of the way. Also like Petracca who had a monster championship. Was the Division One B & F. We also need a tall KPP defender and i quite like Durstin from SA. I guess Peter Wright from Vic Metro will come into calculation but I see him as a natural ruckman rather than someone who could hold down FF or CHF. I guess the only positive we can take from season 2014 is that finishing last means we get the first two draft picks. Our only hope is the future because right now we are the worst team in the competition by a considerable margin. Pretty tough being a Saints supporter but I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

Also looking forward to discarding the deadwood. Happily say goodbye to Maister, TDL, Milera, Stanley ( yes Stanley). Given every chance but has not got what it takes. Such a waste of natural talent.

I just wish we had a forward line like Sydney with Buddy and Tippett. Roo is a champion but he gets pathetic service and has to beat three or four players every week just to get the ball. Maybe the coach ought to consider moving him to the midfield to give him a chance at having an impact. We have nothing to lose. These days that's all we seem to be good at.
Yep an ordinary under 18 champs from Hugh Goddard and he could slip to second round. I was hoping Jayden Laverde had an ordinary championships and would go second round. No such luck as the kid tore it up. Going to be a star 190cm plus super fast mid who is just at home up forward. I actually like him so much I would now take him ahead of Petracca or McCartin which I would not have even considered three months ago. Massive upside.
maybe goddard dogged it to ensure he slips through to pick 19....wouldn't put it past the bummers.....or the goddard family for that matter

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.