Plugger on Fox tonight

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: Plugger on Fox tonight

stinger wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
stinger wrote:would not have been much different...we wouldn't have recruited smith...but he was out injured anyway.....i believe we would have won that year with plugger in the side.....would have got to the grannie in 05 at least too with boofhead playing for us rather than against us.....who knows about 2009 and 10......the swine have truly cost us.....never forget that our forgive them.....
We would have for sure Sting, however we already had a tight salary cap, so fitting BBBB in would have been pretty challenging.

And, you'd also have to factor out of our 2005 season, any on-field contributions made by Dal. (And looking ahead, our 2018 flag will have to be won without Dunstan or Delaney.)

For Plugger, from memory we got...
- Salary cap space,
- Smith (traitor :evil: ),
- Tony Brown (played a couple of good years , but unfortunately only a couple),
- Aussie. (A bit of a cult hero, but his career taken as a whole was very overrated IMHO. I say that coz he picked and chose when to put in... ie; did nothing when the team was down after 1997/8, then 'found' form when we picked-up circa late 2003. Where were you in between when we needed you Aussie??? From my observations... very lazy.)
- Matty Lappin(?)
- Anyone/anything else???

no no no dave......for plugger we got half a pound of horse s*** apart from smith...that's a falsehood spread by pricks liker mike sheahan ....

brisbane traded us two picks for gilbert mcadam....we drafted tim elliott and dean matthews...

...for some reason that escapes me darrly wakelin was traded to the saints for pick 42 by freo........they drafted headland with that pick...

we got hemley...one game..no stats....joshua kitchen, robbie neill and glen nugent...

the jones and brown picks were always ours
Thanks for the info' Sting and others. Looks like we just got salary cap space in return for Plugger. :(

At least we did better outta' BBBB...

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
gringo
Saintsational Legend

The AFL last year admitted they had worked on the Plugger deal and was some kind of back room deal like they are using on Buddy where only about one third of his salary is included in their cap because he is considered a marketing tool for NSW. Colless was applying for it and I believe Hall had a similar deal. The AFL used that to justify why the buddy deal wasn't a one off.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

gringo wrote:The AFL last year admitted they had worked on the Plugger deal and was some kind of back room deal like they are using on Buddy where only about one third of his salary is included in their cap because he is considered a marketing tool for NSW. Colless was applying for it and I believe Hall had a similar deal. The AFL used that to justify why the buddy deal wasn't a one off.
We were completely ripped off by the AFL, the AFL will do 'whatever it takes' to ensure Sydney success. Seriously, does anybody think we would ever have a chance to recurit Buddy & Tippett? The AFL is not a 'governing body' is a commercially focused dictatorship.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Dave McNamara wrote:
For Plugger, from memory we got...
- Salary cap space,
- Smith (traitor :evil: ),
- Tony Brown (played a couple of good years , but unfortunately only a couple),
- Aussie. (A bit of a cult hero, but his career taken as a whole was very overrated IMHO. I say that coz he picked and chose when to put in... ie; did nothing when the team was down after 1997/8, then 'found' form when we picked-up circa late 2003. Where were you in between when we needed you Aussie??? From my observations... very lazy.)
- Matty Lappin(?)
- Anyone/anything else???
The original trade was that we got Sydney's first pick, Simon Minton-Connell and Robert Neill. The Swans had also given Scott Watters to Freo, who in return, relaesed Daryl Wakelin to the Saints (as he had been previously on an AFL list Freo had first call on him).
We then traded Minton-Connell to Hawthorn for their first pick, Glen Nugent and Josh Kitchen.
The main idea was to load up on early in what meant to be a strong draft. Good idea in theory.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.