are we becoming a bunch of sooks?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Re: are we becoming a bunch of sooks?

The first half was disgraceful, and so hard to watch. Just like the Hawks game. The fact we were a different side in the second half would prove this. Would you prefer we pretend to see some positives? Doesn't make you a better supporter if you can stay calm about watching crap like that. Can't remember reading one post about burning memberships.

Where is the rule that you can't speak truthfully about the quality of football we are serving up? The truth can sometimes hurt. If it looks like crap and smells like crap, then generally, it's crap. Unless, of course, it's a sausage. 8-)

Absolutely most fans have become douchebags.

Meanwhile, I have always been a douchebag.

But seriously, what should anyone expect?

We are probably in year 2 of a 5 year rebuild whereby year 5 equals winning more than we lose.

From there...who knows?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i thought that overall it was an improvement on the hawks game......that was worse than having hot needles inserted under your finger nails.... :cry:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

jamesmc wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Well said St Trav, I can sort of understand sooky comments on Facebook and Twitter where all the kiddies hang out and like each other to-death but I have been perplexed by the comments on here from some posters that I thought were a bit older. I reckon the most interesting comment I thought was "CJ would be shot in the real world".
Again with the the kiddies jibe.
How effing old are you Cairnsman
Have you gone up to the top end to retire?
I will admit that as an 86 year old I am concerned with how our younger generations have had their brains altered by social media.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:yep, up for the rebuild. It's just that it's hard sometimes when I see guys like Ball leading Collingwood out, Goddard winning a B+F, Dal doing well at Norf, Goose Maguire becoming the clubman at Brisbane that he should have been for us, and Lynch doing a good job kicking goals at the Crows. You can add Guerra to that list too. You could also argue that a player like Cripps, with his goalkicking ability would be handy for us right now. You put those 7 players in our side and see how we roll. I know it's short term pain for long term gain, but it does annoy me a little bit when we recruit guys like Dennis-Lane and Lee, who are not up to AFL standard, and all those other guys are
We really have done some hard yards in terms of letting good players go… and although we haven't been adequately compensated for all, I feel like the club has done the best thing for our long term future.

Ball, Cripps & Lynch all wanted out… there wasn't a lot we could do after they had made that decision.

Goddard, Dal Santo & McEvoy were incredibly bold moves which have cut us to our knees.

We would obviously be a much better side this year with some of those blokes in the team, but I don't think we'd be close to flag, we'd actually be much further away…

We have taken some big risks and while we shouldn't expect all of them to pay off, at least we have moved aggressively to re-build our list towards challenging for a flag in a few years.

If you had it over again which one would you take?

Cripps, Lynch, Goddard, Dal Santo, McEvoy, Walsh & a picks #12 & 24

or

Hickey, Murdoch, Saunders, Newnes, Delaney, Savage, Dunstan, Acres, Longer, Markworth, Bruce, Lee, White, Wright

Some incredible manoeuvring really… but we'll have to wait to see how much of it pays off.
Last edited by dragit on Mon 19 May 2014 9:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

If we can pick up the next Tony Lockett or Daryl Baldock in the draft at pick #1 all will be forgiven

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:The truth can sometimes hurt. If it looks like crap and smells like crap, then generally, it's crap.
You are right, of course. The first half was crap and we can do a lot better ... as we proved after half time

defacto
Club Player

well said trav