SUB ROO OFF NOW!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Re: SUB ROO OFF NOW!!!

saintspremiers wrote:He was out cold FFS.
Fools are our medical team. You don't mess with loss of consciousness. Crazy.
was a cheap bump... praying that scum gets 4 weeks.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Roo had a little hissy when the doc asked him to go down the race and do the concussion test

I could just imagine what Roo would've said....might've been something like; "Scott Watters told me what to do once" Saints doctor had no choice.

On a serious note, you have to admire everything that Roo has done for St Kilda and the fact that the game was still within our reach and the courage of the captain cannot be questioned.

The leadership vaccum if Roo and Lenny retire and the passing of the batton question is an issue that the coaches and CEO and board discuss NOW. Skeptic and others also raise the very important issue that we need to have players that can step into the role and they need time as the main go to forwards NOW - not in 18 months time after Roo hangs them up

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The bloke is unbelievable - seemed completely dis-orientated in the 2nd. Still somehow kicked 4.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

KB and P Smith reckon Murphy will be fine, looks like a couple of weeks to me.

Surely there is a duty of care when approaching a player who is reaching down for the ball like that? He may not have "elected to bump", but he cannoned into Riewoldts neck/head when he didn't need to.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:KB and P Smith reckon Murphy will be fine, looks like a couple of weeks to me.

Surely there is a duty of care when approaching a player who is reaching down for the ball like that? He may not have "elected to bump", but he cannoned into Riewoldts neck/head when he didn't need to.
That's exactly the sort of position they wanted to protect players from, I agree

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

The games shot if he go's for that....having said that the game is shot, so he might

Bring back the Lockett era
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I wish the media attention was on how the heck he was allowed back on again but that doesn't suit their current agenda

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
oh when the
Club Player

When Roo was off our forward line started to take risks and was more open and functioning ok, I reckon Richo should have said let's see how it functions for the rest of the third qtr without Roo. Putting him back on we played back into Carlton's hand.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:Lucky we have you guys because you can't leave medical opinion to the doctors.
Watch the replay of the incident and a motionless Roo and get back to me.
Watched it now. It was uncannily similar to the incident in the 2009 prelim where he played on and put us into a Grand Final.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"