Has the MRP ever missed with us?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Re: Has the MRP ever missed with us?

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:I want them to either both go or both be cleared. The same day they suspend Sneider, Hodge does the same yet receives nothing. Only last week Maxwell was cleared for a head high bump due to insufficent force while others had gone as the head is out of bounds.

So you want someone to go after the other player laughed. Why are you upset about Hodge but not Hawkins. Losing crdibility. And two wrongs dont make a right.
Want them all to be the same but Hodge and Sneider are more comparable to each other as they where meaningless tummy taps.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:I want them to either both go or both be cleared. The same day they suspend Sneider, Hodge does the same yet receives nothing. Only last week Maxwell was cleared for a head high bump due to insufficent force while others had gone as the head is out of bounds.

So you want someone to go after the other player laughed. Why are you upset about Hodge but not Hawkins. Losing crdibility. And two wrongs dont make a right.
Want them all to be the same but Hodge and Sneider are more comparable to each other as they where meaningless tummy taps.

Probably not based on medical reports which you have obviously seen. I think Cloke took his kick and i tthink the essendon guy came off the ground and i know johnson laughed.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:meh ... shnieds should cop a week for being stupid enough to throw a punch full stop .... never mind the intent or the force of the punch it was a stupid thing to do by a very senior player in his first game back.... play the ball not the man stupid acts like punching a bloke in the guts does nothing for the team

Thats fine but Hodge and Hawkins are both cleared to play.
the guy hawkins hit staggered to the boundry then threw up....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Freebird
Club Player

don't listen to 66, he looks at all the reasons to support the system but his explanations are never evenly balanced.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Freebird wrote:don't listen to 66, he looks at all the reasons to support the system but his explanations are never evenly balanced.

I suppose the question should asked. Do have any opinions on anything or are you one here to make the rest of us feel smart? If you bothered to read what I have said, which is obvious you havent, I said Schneider should have got off and as he didnt I thought Hawkins should have been suspended. I dont think hodge did anything worth a suspension. Does that sound like I am supporting the system on this occassion. I will answer it as i doubt you are capable. The answer is no.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

The fact the MRP cannot apply consistency over a weekend of games, let alone a season, shows their incompetence. I cannot believe Thompson and Schneider cop a week and Hawkins gets off.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

how many weeks would stevie baker had got if he had done what glass did????

Freebird
Club Player

Not to mention glass...its all bull can you believe glass contact was light because he only caused bruising...I wonder what bruising Snides inflicted on the essendon player.

For fools on here trying to explain is laughable. Some clubs consistantly get the benefit of doubt others do not.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

As I said in another thread, read about how the MRP works. The reason why Schneider got the week is not I repeat not the impact it is because it was judged intentional whilst the others were negligent and reckless.

Now I'm not saying that was a correct assessment, but please people stop talking about tummy taps because it is the intent that caused his downfall, not to mention his stupidity

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:As I said in another thread, read about how the MRP works. The reason why Schneider got the week is not I repeat not the impact it is because it was judged intentional whilst the others were negligent and reckless.

Now I'm not saying that was a correct assessment, but please people stop talking about tummy taps because it is the intent that caused his downfall, not to mention his stupidity

I think it is the correct assessment once they found there was sufficent force because now all behind plays have to be intentional. Well that is what i beleive it to be. Im sure someone else will be able to find out for sure. I just dont think there was sufficent force but i do know it was stupid and there was no need for it. i can bet Richo isnt caring about the MRP but more the stupidity of Schneider.

Freebird
Club Player

Pointless TSR..its another excuse for them to harden or minimise the penalty.
So hawkins and glass were not intentional.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Freebird wrote:Not to mention glass...its all bull can you believe glass contact was light because he only caused bruising...I wonder what bruising Snides inflicted on the essendon player.

For fools on here trying to explain is laughable. Some clubs consistantly get the benefit of doubt others do not.
re the glass incident. I thought the head had to be protected, and what happened to the jumping off the ground into a player rule.
May have been out of character for Glass but he charged at the player with intent to take him out.
Oh well, it wont set a precedent because they never follow their precedents. Could have been very dangerous for the port player.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

So we measure force on the players reaction?

No control measurement there... The two recipients of the blow are different as is the situation

The force maybe exactly the same
Johnson maybe tougher
Johnson May have had a stable footing
The other kid may have dived
Been caught off guard

Either way
Pathetic decision... Nothing in it

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:As I said in another thread, read about how the MRP works. The reason why Schneider got the week is not I repeat not the impact it is because it was judged intentional whilst the others were negligent and reckless.

It can be intentional, and still have insufficient force to be reportable. Eg Dennis Collins on Robbie Muir

Muir on Collins is a different story

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

So it's subjective... Therefore can be subject to Biad

bergsone
SS Life Member

Said it before and will say it again,if it was in a prelim final,and was to miss GF,wouldnt be looked at

realdeal
Club Player

And thus continues the St.Kilda tradition of not challenging and just accepting these laughable suspensions. We'll keep getting them too unless we make a stand.

I don't cop this 'suspended for being stupid' rubbish either, If this was the case then Travis Cloke would never play..

Does anyone actually know what happened to Schnieder's 'victim'? Did he go off the ground or jump back up and continue play? Cheers

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

realdeal wrote:And thus continues the St.Kilda tradition of not challenging and just accepting these laughable suspensions. We'll keep getting them too unless we make a stand.

I don't cop this 'suspended for being stupid' rubbish either, If this was the case then Travis Cloke would never play..

Does anyone actually know what happened to Schnieder's 'victim'? Did he go off the ground or jump back up and continue play? Cheers
you fight the battles you can win .... the week ban was more from the carry over points then anything else ... in the end a week is nothing really and it gives another game to a younger fella on the big stage of ANZAC day .... as i said before stupid move in the first place by shnides

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I'm sure the MRP and tribunal get the fear of god suspending a Collingwood or Essendon player because they know the media and social backlash will come with it. If they get it wrong there is hell to pay. If the Saints, Dogs or North players go meh. Someone has to be the deterrent. Until we get 100000 rabid fans who swamp talkback and act like they are going to bring down the government over minor infractions we will keep being used that way.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I'm sure the MRP and tribunal get the fear of god suspending a Collingwood or Essendon player because they know the media and social backlash will come with it. If they get it wrong there is hell to pay. If the Saints, Dogs or North players go meh. Someone has to be the deterrent. Until we get 100000 rabid fans who swamp talkback and act like they are going to bring down the government over minor infractions we will keep being used that way.

Taking full advantage of p66 ban.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I'm sure the MRP and tribunal get the fear of god suspending a Collingwood or Essendon player because they know the media and social backlash will come with it. If they get it wrong there is hell to pay. If the Saints, Dogs or North players go meh. Someone has to be the deterrent. Until we get 100000 rabid fans who swamp talkback and act like they are going to bring down the government over minor infractions we will keep being used that way.
without sounding too much like Plugger66 ... i think that is a load of rubbish .... the MRP and Tribunal are not scared of any team.. why would they be they hold all the power big whoop 100K people call up SEN to complain all that does is promote the game more ...

the MRP is not consistant but one thing they are is consistantly inconsistant regardless of what team the reported player plays for ... what you are talking about is a favourtism to specific clubs ... again im sounding like pluggs but why would the MRP bother with that ?

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
jamesmc
Club Player

+1

gringo
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:

Taking full advantage of p66 ban.

You guys are like the lord of the flies. One goes down several rush to take his place. :)