Round 6: Guess this weeks ins and outs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

FQF
SS Life Member

Re: Round 6: Guess this weeks ins and outs

Con Gorozidis wrote:I know they don't pick the side - Going on the Saints.com.au article Savage is a certainty.
Seemed really strange to me as well. Since when does a player come out and say that he is hoping to replace a specific player in the side - especially on the team's official site?

Andreous
Club Player

Weller must be an in now that Wright is on the long term injury list. They might also rest Eli to give Savage a shot.

Sounds like Fisher was well off pace last week to be considered a start for Wellington.

FQF
SS Life Member

Old Mate wrote:Savage, Fisher, TDL and Longer (and the NZ rookie) flew over with the team vs Ess minus Schneider.
That rules out Milera coming in.

You'd think it would be between Savage and TDL replacing Schneider.

Longer there just in case Hickey/Stanley/Roo can't get up for whatever reason.

Fisher given a chance to prove himself, possibly for Gwilt although I don't think Gwilt deserves to be dropped.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

We play the Hawks the following week, so it may well be worth playing Fisher in this game, even at 90%, for the much needed game-time fitness that he will need for the following week.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Junction Oval wrote:We play the Hawks the following week, so it may well be worth playing Fisher in this game, even at 90%, for the much needed game-time fitness that he will need for the following week.
Sandringham play on Sunday so if he's not in the firsts on Friday he should get a full game there.

thequarry
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:I know they don't pick the side - Going on the Saints.com.au article Savage is a certainty.
My impression was that the way the club is trotting him out in the media this week they're trying to build up his (already decided) return.

Saints94
SS Life Member

thequarry wrote:
My impression was that the way the club is trotting him out in the media this week they're trying to build up his (already decided) return.
If that's the case with Savage, I would feel very awkward in his shoes. gifted a spot just because his Kiwi pffttt.

FQF
SS Life Member

Saints94 wrote:
thequarry wrote:
If that's the case with Savage, I would feel very awkward in his shoes. gifted a spot just because his Kiwi pffttt.
I wouldn't say gifted.

Fact is, he was always thought to be a starting 22 player and was given a few weeks to prove himself before being dropped. Following on he had a very solid performance in the VFL, and with a spot opening up with Schneider suspended, he was always going to be a candidate to come back in.

Granted, he was competing with guys like Milera and TDL for the position, but he arguably has the most upside if he can find some form.

So no, I wouldn't say gifted.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

In Savage, TDL

Out
Templeton, Schneider

Savage looks certain and Templeton looks like he has had enough for the moment.

Saints94
SS Life Member

My impression was that the way the club is trotting him out in the media this week they're trying to build up his (already decided) return.[/quote]
If that's the case with Savage, I would feel very awkward in his shoes. gifted a spot just because his Kiwi pffttt.[/quote]

I wouldn't say gifted.

Fact is, he was always thought to be a starting 22 player and was given a few weeks to prove himself before being dropped. Following on he had a very solid performance in the VFL, and with a spot opening up with Schneider suspended, he was always going to be a candidate to come back in.

Granted, he was competing with guys like Milera and TDL for the position, but he arguably has the most upside if he can find some form.

So no, I wouldn't say gifted.[/quote]
You make a valid point but if this game wasn't played in NZ I would argue that Milera's form in the VFL has been better than Savage's 1 game. Hence why I think its gifted.

thequarry
Club Player

I wasn't necessarily saying he'd been gifted a spot because of NZ heritage. I was saying more that the use of him as a face of the club this week was probably a pointer to him being included (for whatever reasons they may be).

footynut
Club Player

I maybe a little off with these in & outs as my observations come from south America, but here we go. There will least be a couple outs this week. And there are a few players pushing for senior selection at VFL level.

Out: Armo & Snider

In: Weller (promoted) & Saverage

I think they should give Eli a rest for 1 game, and include either TDL or Milera an opportunity.

I Also believe that if Weller performs, Jones should be dropped when Armo returns

Trixilver
Club Player

Saints94 wrote: You make a valid point but if this game wasn't played in NZ I would argue that Milera's form in the VFL has been better than Savage's 1 game. Hence why I think its gifted.
Maybe so but you feel if Savage can't perform in this game in particular, he'd have a heap of work to do in order to get back. If he does get selected, the onus is on him to play a blinder.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Trixilver wrote:
Saints94 wrote: You make a valid point but if this game wasn't played in NZ I would argue that Milera's form in the VFL has been better than Savage's 1 game. Hence why I think its gifted.
Maybe so but you feel if Savage can't perform in this game in particular, he'd have a heap of work to do in order to get back. If he does get selected, the onus is on him to play a blinder.
He definitely owes us a good game.
I'm sure on hes decent coin.
If he doesn't play well this week against an ordinary opposition Ill start to be concerned.
I reckon he might due.

Saints94
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Trixilver wrote:
He definitely owes us a good game.
I'm sure on hes decent coin.
If he doesn't play well this week against an ordinary opposition Ill start to be concerned.
I reckon he might due.
+1 I actually rated Savage but gee his been disappointing.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Getting very one-dimensional in our forward line with Roo doing the bulk of the work again, so I expect Richo will be looking at forward options now Schneider is out this week.

Out: Schneider
In: TDL
Emerg: Savage Fisher

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Getting very one-dimensional in our forward line with Roo doing the bulk of the work again
Yeah, nothing changes.

Stanley, to his credit, took 13 marks but doesn't seem to consistently impact on the scoreboard - not yet anyway. We're going to need another marking target who kicks goals.

Saints94
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:
spert wrote:Getting very one-dimensional in our forward line with Roo doing the bulk of the work again
Yeah, nothing changes.

Stanley, to his credit, took 13 marks but doesn't seem to consistently impact on the scoreboard - not yet anyway. We're going to need another marking target who kicks goals.
Might have to play Stanley closer to goal? 13 marks in a game for Stanley isn't anything to be sneezed at. Would be even better if a portion of those marks were goals..

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

In: Acres, Savage
Out: Schneider, Ross

saintjake
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
Yeah, nothing changes.

To be honest, Bruce and Deleany are the future and I'd really like to see them play together as much as possible.

Wouldn't mind seeing Fisher spend the first 3/4 coming out of the goal square before being subbed.

Thoughts?

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Out. P66
Ins. from: Beige, Elevator Music, Synchronised Swimming.

I think Savage will come in for Schneider. But if he doesn't perform (again), will be straight out.