"Blind faith" ? ...not here folks!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Greg T
Club Player

Re: "Blind faith" ? ...not here folks!

Can't wait till next year.
I reckon we've landed some great kids who will take us into the next few years proudly.
Win /loss maybe a bit ordinary,but a great team building at the moment.
I've loved reading the papers everyday,saints stuff everywhere.
Never a dull moment at the saints..
Love him or hate him,Pelchan bought some good talent our way
A lot better off than a year ago IMO

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Greg T, keep this line of thought going mate, and I'll be dobbing you in to the "negativity police" :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GOOD ON YOU SIR!!!!!!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Greg T, keep this line of thought going mate, and I'll be dobbing you in to the "negativity police" :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GOOD ON YOU SIR!!!!!!!!
You, Good Sir have been FINED 1 x 4 Gallon bucket of BEER for baiting :lol: :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

You, Good Sir, are a beer teaser! always threatening to SHOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but leaving us just wanting.....

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:You, Good Sir, are a beer teaser! always threatening to SHOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but leaving us just wanting.....
Me SHOUT? Now I know you are delusional :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

"Blind Faith" don't cha'know!!!???

fingers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:It's certainly not they players fault or admin is rubbish.

Always back the team on the day of the match.

Who is all the rubbish in the admin? Seems fair you name them unless its actually all of them.

Nobody ever names them.

sverik25
Club Player

stinger wrote:
howlinwolf wrote:On the positive side we are starting from scratch almost. The playing group ,coaches and CEO can all grow together. They don't have baggage.
I've got a good vibe about it all. Irregardless (love that word) of what the media says.
\

from the urban dictionary...

1. irregardless
Used by people who ignorantly mean to say regardless. According to webster, it is a word, but since the prefix "ir" and the suffx "less" both mean "not or with" they cancel each other out, so what you end up with is regard. When you use this to try to say you don't care about something, you end up saying that you do. Of course everyone knows what you mean to say and only a pompous,rude asshole will correct you.
Wife: "Irregardless is not a word, dummy"
Husband: "Kiss my ass bitch! I'm still going to the strip club tonight!"

2. irregardless
A word used by uneducated people intending to sound intelligent. Often, the defendant will use this word in court in an attempt to impress the judge and jury. Educated people notice and those who use this word instantly identify themselves to educated people as being uneducated. Educated people rarely correct them because it helps educated people more easily identify them if they are well groomed.
Uh... yes your Honor.... Irregardless of the the evidence, I was not the young man in the security video.
mark as favorite buy irregardless mugs & shirts
earregardless moron idiot stupid blah blahh

3. irregardless
this is not a f****** word... Wtf
Irregardless of what u think this is not a word.

without regard no grip on the english language not a word duh no habla

4. irregardless
An unnecessary mispronunciation of the word "regardless".
Guy 1: "Irregardless of what people think"...

Guy 2: (after punching Guy 1 in the face) "Say irregardless again! Say it!"

5. irregardless
Irregardless is an illegitimate word, you shitstains! Putting the prefix Ir before the word regardless effectively makes it a double negative; thus the meaning of the word becomes: "without without regard." so instead of the intended meaning, which is without regard, it becomes just the opposite: with regard to!
Irregardless is a non-word that many a tool mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or uneducated writing. Coined in the United States in the early 20th century, it has met with a blizzard of condemnation for being an improper yoking of irrespective and regardless and for the logical absurdity of combining the negative ir- prefix and -less suffix in a single term. Although one might reasonably argue that it is no different from words with redundant affixes like debone and unravel, it has been considered a blunder for decades and will probably continue to be so.
"That stupid toolshed of a bartender is always using the non-word irregardless, thinking that he is impressing the ladies with his intelligence! Personally, I think he should just stick to the steroids and shut his pie hole."
mark as favorite buy irregardless mugs & shirts

6. irregardless
A word you should never, ever use in front of your English professor.
Student: "But irregardless of that--"
English professor: "*thwack*"

7. Irregardless
The kind of thing Dubya would say when he means to say "regardless". Its a bastardized version of the word "regardless", with an added superfluous "ir" added at the start. All you have to do is think about it logically to see that its not a grammatically correct word, just a mistake that unfortunetly became popular. You dont have to be a pompous or rude asshole to correct someone, just somebody who thinks its important that they dont compromise the English language to cater for people who cant be arsed to do their English homework.

To be honest, I dont mind people using words like this in normal speech, but I cant stand to see it in print. People like journalists and authors, I believe, have a responsibility to be at least somewhat gramatically correct.
1. If you're going to make a living from writing, then please make the effort to use real words instead of words like "Irregardless" and "alot".

Other person: "Alot of words are considered ungrammatical before they are sanctioned."

Me: "Yes, and it's a sad testiment to the quality of education in society when these mistakes are sanctioned!"
Couldn't help laughing at this :D

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

errrrrrrrrrr.........same here!!!! most amusing! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: