New chapter

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Re: New chapter

howlinwolf wrote:
Zed wrote:Agree we have a good young group coming through, and didn't have an issue with the Mcevoy trade this year or the Goddard trade - but the Dal for pick 25 deal was absolute rubbish. No sense in throwing away proven talent for a lot less in return. Scott Watters will be the sacrificial lamb coz there is now even less chance we can muster up more than 4 or 5 wins next year.
If you think the Dal trade for pick 25 is absolute rubbish what would say if we let him go for nothing ? :shock:
That's what would be happening in 12 months from now. Dal wanted to go remember.
The club's hand was forced. They needed to take what they could get. We were backed into a corner.
Ball went for nothing, so you're right. 25 won't be another Dal, but it will be something. And 11, 12 years younger.

starsign
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:Ross Lyon was right. 2010 was the end of an era.
We just wasted 3 years living in a fools paradise.
Beat me to the punch Con my thoughts exactly when I began reading the thread

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:I honestly dont think we have many players at all for our next rebuild. A couple have been traded for and a couple have been drafted recently and a few previously but most will come from this year onwards. All the stats suggest that. So in 4-6 years we will be a chance foe the 8 and hopefully the top 4.
You are probably right, with 2016 being the year that Pelchen has said we will go after Free Agency. The list of players that come into that category in that year is pretty good to say the least. Maybe we can look to be a good finals team in 2017, and contend 2018/19.

starsign
Club Player

In hindsight I don't think it would have taken all the kings ransom for Freo to poach The Oricle either
He woulda jumped ship for a lot less I recon

starsign
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Yeah, I can't wait until we win a premiership in a few years either.... There's no question.... It's gonna be worth culling the greats...

Except all the other teams vying, especially the dozen or so with better players in the 19-24yo bracket, a more stable staff, better recruiting and development, better facilities, larger salary cap, not in Seaford.... Not in extreme debt.

Thank god for Pelchin!!

The entrusted king of Seaford!!
Perhaps you'd be happier and better of following the Filth or perhaps the $wans BM

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:Let's all hope that when Billy Buggerlugs kicks the winning goal in the 2017 Grand Final against GWS we all say, "Thank God Pelchen made those heart-wrenching decisions back in 2013!"
yep
2019 though

ChelseaGuy
Club Player

As SainterK suggests, we are embarking on a new chapter of the club. There will be challenges and setbacks along the way. There will also be disappointments as some young players don't step up. But I for one am embracing this period and buckling in for the rollercoaster ride to come with the highs and lows associated. Now is the time when supporters matter and can make a difference to the club. Go Saints!