Watters contract extension discussion

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Watters contract extension discussion

Why do you listen?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Why do you listen?
It's more entertaining than listening to Jon Faine at that time.
And besides he normally has Patrick Smith on a Monday morning between 9 and 10 as well as Martin Blake on between 11 and 12.
Unfortunately they're both taking leave so we have these 2 turkeys on in their place.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Jaycee - what a f*ckwit.

No way would that be true

No way would we offer pick 3 + Jack for pick 1.

Not a hope in the world we would do that.

GWS would jump at that.

Jack + pick 3 > Boyd.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
And besides he normally has Patrick Smith on a Monday morning between 9 and 10 as well as Martin Blake on between 11 and 12.
Unfortunately they're both taking leave so we have these 2 turkeys on in their place.

I actually dont care what any of them say but i actually reckon Jon Ralph has about 10 different opinions in about 5 seconds depending on what a caller says. He is a real swinger and today was funny with what Clark said. Imagine if our club was silly enough to say take any player and pick 3 for pick one. It wouldnt make us the dumbest club though because if GWS were given that offer and didnt take Jack and pick 3 they would be the laughing stock of the AFL.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

I actually dont care what any of them say but i actually reckon Jon Ralph has about 10 different opinions in about 5 seconds depending on what a caller says. He is a real swinger and today was funny with what Clark said. Imagine if our club was silly enough to say take any player and pick 3 for pick one. It wouldnt make us the dumbest club though because if GWS were given that offer and didnt take Jack and pick 3 they would be the laughing stock of the AFL.
Yes, I agree.
'Spiv Ralphy seems to, at times, contradict his own position in the one sentence. Unfortunately KB never bothers to take him to task for it - might be a bit of 'Tiger supporting comraderie' going on there?

But my take on what 'Jaycee the trade expert' was actually attempting to do was to once again paint a picture of pending doom at Seaford.
Why he feels the need to peddle this errant nonsense is beyond me.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

So agree on the 10 opinions thing, he can't even finish a topic for a caller before moving on to a SMS and starts rambling on about something else

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

then of course there is Carolynes view
http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/sain ... 2vkwn.html

I think Ralphy is actually closer

he gives most sides
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 6740478362
I
can’t see how you can put a contract extension to somebody, whether it be one year, two years, five years, how would you put that to them until they see where you are taking the list management,’’ Summers said.

“How could you put that to them until they see the whole structure you’re trying to achieve at the club over that period? I can’t see how you can do it ... Because you’d be buying into it for your own reasons and not club reasons.”

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Unfortunately Caro's view will now lead the press for the next days. Pity help us trying to keep a lid on it now.

Clearly this is where Fine et al thought the bomb would drop. Except that it didn't. Not quite.

Pray to the CEO gods that we can persuade someone decent to come to us now. Pray hard.

Always loyal
Richter
SS Life Member

Caro's article describes and summarises the rumours that have been circulating over the last week or two. Thank goodness, for the stability of the club that it didn't occur.

Give the guys until round 10 next year to sort themselves out and then decide if Watters should stay or not.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I reckon at any club which has only 4 wins there will be a vigorous discussion at Board level about sacking the coach at years end.
Since ever ...even at local footy.
Standard stuff.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Tue 15 Oct 2013 11:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Ironically Port Adelaide were on the cusp with Choco for about three years. The president wanted his head and he was out the door by all reports then he won them the premiership and they forgave all. There would be plenty of concern at the pies now Bucks has said they need a rebuild and they are on a player cull. When they finish outside the 8 next year the real drama starts.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Ironically Port Adelaide were on the cusp with Choco for about three years. The president wanted his head and he was out the door by all reports then he won them the premiership and they forgave all.
Hopefully one day Watters will get to do something like this in Mark Fine's direction

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:I reckon at any club which has only 4 wins there will be a vigorous discussion at Board level about sacking the coach at years end.
Since ever ...even at local footy.
Standard stuff.
I agree, although this has the added complexity of an internal power tug of war.

Then again, that's pretty much local footy club stuff too, come to think about it (they just don't write about it on the back page of the morning papers every day).

I know I keep banging on about this, but the missing piece of the puzzle is the new CEO. That person will seriously have their work cut out for them, and I am really concerned about how we will secure the right person in the current climate.

I doubt Caro is suggesting Gillon M will give up his heir apparent role, but we may need him to push someone our way. The sooner the better.

Always loyal
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Dr Spaceman wrote:
gringo wrote:Ironically Port Adelaide were on the cusp with Choco for about three years. The president wanted his head and he was out the door by all reports then he won them the premiership and they forgave all.
Hopefully one day Watters will get to do something like this in Mark Fine's direction

Brilliant.

Always loyal
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Summers talks sense so far.

repta
Club Player