Rumour that Scott has gone...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rumour that Scott has gone...

#gosaintas wrote:Agree K. What is all this crap about whinging to the media. Whoever is behind the sulking and leaking should be straightened up immediately and if they don't get on board then fire them or trade them. I don't care if it's our sulking captain or whoever it is. The club is so much bigger than any personality.
For a start who said the captain was sulking? Another unsubstantiated rumour.

Also Roo is in America, probably asleep ATM.

But agree whomever is spreading this s.hit has to be weeded out and SACKED if a club employee or disenfranchised if they have anything to do with the media.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sainterinsydney wrote:If the senior players don't like getting split up, then get rid of the lot of them--Dal, Riewoldt, Montagna, Fisher etc. This is a football team--not a social club. That generation basically failed; we must look to the future. Stop whinging--or leave!

Who is whinging. people keep saying that but no one comes up with names. I cant believe you people have heard senior guys whinge but i havent and I read all the papers and listen to SEN everyday.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

sainterinsydney wrote:If the senior players don't like getting split up, then get rid of the lot of them--Dal, Riewoldt, Montagna, Fisher etc. This is a football team--not a social club. That generation basically failed; we must look to the future. Stop whinging--or leave!

So you haven't read the denials?

Drawning conclusions from rumours denied by both the predident Bains and Pelcan?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Who is whinging. people keep saying that but no one comes up with names. I cant believe you people have heard senior guys whinge but i havent and I read all the papers and listen to SEN everyday.
Agreed. Anyone got some substantiated reports senior players are whinging?

Only reports I heard were from SEN which were categorically denied by Pelcan and Bains.

Lance or James??

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Who says the players are whinging. maybe its Pelchan or SW or even a board member. lets face it someone from the club told Caro about Chips. Dont just think its the players. Com thinks it all the fitness guys fault anyway. One think i think we know is we have a leaker in the club and I dont think Fev plays for us so it isnt him.
Interesting you bring up leak. Gram just tweeted to Jon Ralph words to the effect "We've lost the best coach and losing players since a certain somebody game to the club." Gram deleted the tweet soon after. Perhaps he's the/a leak...?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Agreed. Anyone got some substantiated reports senior players are whinging?

Only reports I heard were from SEN which were categorically denied by Pelcan and Bains.

What I will say JB is we do have someone unhappy at the club. To much of a coincidence that this sort of stuff is coming out all the time. We need to find the person and remove him or her from the club.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

lol @ '... a certain somebody'
thats naming the Pelican without naming him.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Who says the players are whinging. maybe its Pelchan or SW or even a board member. lets face it someone from the club told Caro about Chips. Dont just think its the players. Com thinks it all the fitness guys fault anyway. One think i think we know is we have a leaker in the club and I dont think Fev plays for us so it isnt him.
Interesting you bring up leak. Gram just tweeted to Jon Ralph words to the effect "We've lost the best coach and losing players since a certain somebody game to the club." Gram deleted the tweet soon after. Perhaps he's the/a leak...?
That certain somebody better be careful, he may get stalked..........

Isn't that what a review is for? To find out the issues in the club and address them.

If it is Watters, we get a new coach, if it Pelchan, we get a new recruiter.

Lance or James??

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Principle of Q'uo wrote:lol @ '... a certain somebody'
thats naming the Pelican without naming him.
Yup

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
What I will say JB is we do have someone unhappy at the club. To much of a coincidence that this sort of stuff is coming out all the time. We need to find the person and remove him or her from the club.
Quick smart.

Lance or James??

#gosaintas
Club Player

Well then sack Gram AGAIN.

Didn't mean to imply it was Roo...just meant that it doesn't matter how big a name it is. Keep it in house or piss off.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:Well then sack Gram AGAIN.

Didn't mean to imply it was Roo...just meant that it doesn't matter how big a name it is. Keep it in house or piss off.

Fair enough and agreed.

Lance or James??

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Patrick Smith reported in his article in the Australian today that "There is genuine tension between Watters and head of football Chris Pelchen"

Can anyone confirm if they know what Patrick is alluding to?

Patrick also reported in the same article that "Summers acknowledges there are issues that need to be addressed in the Watters-Pelchen work partnership"

Can anyone confirm if they know what issues Summers might be acknowledging?

Aren't we just jumping at shadows if these claims or assertions are not expanded out in more detail.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Patrick Smith reported in his article in the Australian today that "There is genuine tension between Watters and head of football Chris Pelchen"

Patrick also reported in the same article that "Summers acknowledges there are issues that need to be addressed in the Watters-Pelchen work partnership"

Aren't we just jumping at shadows if these claims or assertions are not expanded out in more detail.

Wouldnt have a clue about the tension or anything like that but I actually said when we got Pelchan that a mate who worked at the hawks said he was power hungry and not well liked at all and was sacked from the hawks. I have also heard at the saints pelchan is ruthless and wouldnt class anyone as a mate because he wants complete control. Nothing wrong with that as long as he doesnt get everyone offside and also does his job very well.

#gosaintas
Club Player

Cairnsman when they come out on SEN and say that they hear Watters has been sacked it is getting out of hand. Someone seems to be deliberately destabilising us.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Patrick Smith reported in his article in the Australian today that "There is genuine tension between Watters and head of football Chris Pelchen"

Wouldnt have a clue about the tension or anything like that but I actually said when we got Pelchan that a mate who worked at the hawks said he was power hungry and not well liked at all and was sacked from the hawks. I have also heard at the saints pelchan is ruthless and wouldnt class anyone as a mate because he wants complete control. Nothing wrong with that as long as he doesnt get everyone offside and also does his job very well.
Pelchen stepped down from Hawthorn as their general manager of player personnel and strategy mid-way through 2011 to seek a promotional position at another club, which ended up being with us as the Head of the Footy Department. Everything else you've posted is pretty much spot on, from what I've heard and read. There were rumours getting around Ross Lyon didn't get on with him either.

spert
Saintsational Legend

The new president needs to show leadership.

Club Player

Mixed messages are being sent by the club.
On one hand, there is a perception that all our seniors players are up for trade.
Then Watters comes out and says to back off our players.
Looks like a shambles and no wonder players are getting annoyed.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Pelchen stepped down from Hawthorn as their general manager of player personnel and strategy mid-way through 2011 to seek a promotional position at another club, which ended up being with us as the Head of the Footy Department. Everything else you've posted is pretty much spot on, from what I've heard and read. There were rumours getting around Ross Lyon didn't get on with him either.

That was my point about the stepping down. My mate assured me he was sacked. I can only take his word for it.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

1966 wrote:Mixed messages are being sent by the club.
On one hand, there is a perception that all our seniors players are up for trade.
Then Watters comes out and says to back off our players.
Looks like a shambles and no wonder players are getting annoyed.

Are you being willfully mischevious or haven't you been following this and am just ignorant????

Both Plechan and Bains have stated publicly. after SEN claimed there was a MASS EXEDUS of senior players that

1) All players are contracted
2) No player has said they wanted out
3) No enquiries about Joey
4) North and Essendon some initial enquiries about Dal but clause activated and he would WANT to go which he indicates he doesn't

Then Watter comes out and tells McGuire to F*** Off on Roo.

Where is the mixed messages in that for gods sake?????

Lance or James??

Kate
Club Player

FFS! Why do we get all the egos?

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Geez there's more leaks than a pub crawl.
Whoever is talking to the media needs to be cut.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Didn't say it was a player.

I said we have weak individuals destabilising the footy club.

Emphasis on weak.

Secret whispers, faceless

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Didn't say it was a player.

I said we have weak individuals destabilising the footy club.

Emphasis on weak.

Secret whispers, faceless

I didnt even quote you, I quote another person.

Club Player

If you read what I said "there is a perception"
The fact is Collingwood believed Rielwoldt was attainable. Where did this come from??????
GWS believe they can get Fisher.
North are extremely confident on Dal Santo.
Where is this coming from?
Time will tell but I'm not convinced Watters and Pelchan are singing from the same hymn book.