Peter Summers on SEN - new Pres.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Peter Summers on SEN - new Pres.

Can Watters really be the reason if true?
Doesn't strike be as the tyrant type??

Is this simy a case of the "old guard" being peed off cause their chance has been missed and the in having to move on??

“Yeah….nah””
Richter
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:Can Watters really be the reason if true?

Is this simy a case of the "old guard" being peed off cause their chance has been missed and the in having to move on??
Me neither. But he could be the incompetent type.

Seems like it is true that he bawled Armo and Chips out for hanging around with and planning a holiday with Dustin Martin in front of the rest of the player group. Not sure how well that would have gone down. And has had little effect as I saw with my own eyes 2 of those players having breakfast together yesterday morning.

Perhaps the players are thinking who the eff does this bloke think he is coming in and telling us who we can or can't be mates with?

If its just two players who think that then fine, and after all DM is a dodgy type but Dal?, Joey?, Rooey? These blokes have been the heart and soul of our club since the turn of the century. Only one missing is Lenny. Id be giving them serious clout over a bloke whos only been there 5 minutes.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

See that's the point - I wouldn't

The thing all these guys have in common bar Armo is that their careers are about over

IF anyone wants to hang round dick heads then good on the coach for pointing it out - surely the club has had enoughof moron players bringing us into disrepute again??

Sam Fisher.... plenty of smoke round this guy in recent times ... tad worrying.... get the GWS deal done quick is my suggestion

“Yeah….nah””
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:See that's the point - I wouldn't

The thing all these guys have in common bar Armo is that their careers are about over

IF anyone wants to hang round dick heads then good on the coach for pointing it out - surely the club has had enoughof moron players bringing us into disrepute again??

Sam Fisher.... plenty of smoke round this guy in recent times ... tad worrying.... get the GWS deal done quick is my suggestion
this

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
Teflon wrote:Can Watters really be the reason if true?

Me neither. But he could be the incompetent type.

Seems like it is true that he bawled Armo and Chips out for hanging around with and planning a holiday with Dustin Martin in front of the rest of the player group. Not sure how well that would have gone down. And has had little effect as I saw with my own eyes 2 of those players having breakfast together yesterday morning.

Perhaps the players are thinking who the eff does this bloke think he is coming in and telling us who we can or can't be mates with?

If its just two players who think that then fine, and after all DM is a dodgy type but Dal?, Joey?, Rooey? These blokes have been the heart and soul of our club since the turn of the century. Only one missing is Lenny. Id be giving them serious clout over a bloke whos only been there 5 minutes.
If we let the tail wag the dog we are a weak footy club. Play their bluff and piss them off if they're not happy.

Just because they're on more coin and been there longer than Watters does not give them the right to be involved in the short or mid term and especially the longer term planning for the future of this club.

PJ
SS Life Member

Why is anyone surprised that some senior players may not be happy. If management is saying publicly they are going to be phased out over a year or two or may be traded as we reinvent/envigorate the list- why would they be?

I think it's a no-brainer that some are going to spit the dummy. This is the reality of change, out with the old in with the new. All clubs do this only we (the supporters) seem to think we need to hold onto them till they retire because it's about our favourite sons, our heroes. Well guess what...where does that leave our list?

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

So Armo wants out with a second coach?

Really?

Andreous
Club Player

Why all the strife? I thought the Saints worked hard through a tough year of injuries, an ageing list and a year where the young guys having to carry the load. Sounds just like 12 years ago.

The recruitment in the last two years has certainly been promising compared to the 4-5 before it.

The short films of Roo and Watters were really good. The mindset of Roo and Lenny about building the next generation, just like they were supported in 2000-2002 sounds like they all have their heads screwed on in the right place with the long term goal in helping the club.

They just need to clean up all the off field nonsense and stupidity and there is a brighter future ahead.

Sad, even if not surprised, to see Ledger let go.

St Lenny
Club Player

Take everything with a grain of salt at this stage of the year. Get worried if its on the Saints site or you can drive yourself nuts.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

This bloke sounded alright.

Was there a line where he said 'you're either being heard or you're out' or something along the line? A philosophy he used in business.

Made me think we didn't hear or see much of Westaway. Not sure if he meant it like that.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Teflon wrote:See that's the point - I wouldn't

If the two players were Fisher and Martin it is only reinforcing my thoughts that Fisher is lost and we can't afford to keep him and he has to go.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

fishers gawn

for sure

kimberly saint
Club Player

people really dont believe roo and monty etc want out the club, not sure if i am being naive but i hardly think so. Roo hardly seems like the type to walk away, he has made it clear in the public eye he wants to help the club in its new phase

spert
Saintsational Legend

I just hope the new Pres and the board lead from the front and don't let the club take crap from the media or the AFL- we really need strong leadership and direction while the club is down and compared to Mr Westaway, I would like to see our new Pres a bit more in the media just pushing the club up there rather than chest-beating.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

A new big sponsorship deal would be a coup that would shut up a lot of people. I would make it a priority for those not directly involved in the footy department- and I would start by targeting the NZ tourist commission.

“If you want the rainbow you gotta put up with rain” Dolly Parton
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Zed wrote:A new big sponsorship deal would be a coup that would shut up a lot of people. I would make it a priority for those not directly involved in the footy department- and I would start by targeting the NZ tourist commission.
The Pres mentioned that Nettlefold was currently in NZ working on something important for the club.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:A new big sponsorship deal would be a coup that would shut up a lot of people. I would make it a priority for those not directly involved in the footy department- and I would start by targeting the NZ tourist commission.

we need something bigger like Coke Zero or something that has sympathetic colours and needs promo. car companies and soft drinks not soft furnishings and door hardware and led lights.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

gringo wrote:

we need something bigger like Coke Zero or something that has sympathetic colours and needs promo. car companies and soft drinks not soft furnishings and door hardware and led lights.
When it comes to sponsorship I couldn't care less if we were sponsored by sorbent toilet paper as long as the $ value is bigger than anything we've ever had.

“If you want the rainbow you gotta put up with rain” Dolly Parton
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I would like to know the true situation. As reported it is bewildering to me.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

im preparing for 4 senior plays to leave and massive action at the draft and trade tables

you know, prepare for the worst
after all

it is the saints

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:im preparing for 4 senior plays to leave and massive action at the draft and trade tables

after all

it is the saints
I'm resigned to it.

I'm just sad about dal, cause I truly think he wants to stay.

However if he's being too nice about it all, it can't be helped

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
matrix wrote:im preparing for 4 senior plays to leave and massive action at the draft and trade tables

after all

it is the saints
I'm resigned to it.

I'm just sad about dal, cause I truly think he wants to stay.

However if he's being too nice about it all, it can't be helped

I wonder why the media are treating Geelong telling Chapman to leave so differantly to how they are reporting any saint move

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
defacto
Club Player

kos wrote:There are rumors getting around that we are in horrid state internally. Senior players are unhappy with the coach,
Dal, Joey, armo, Gilbert, roo, and fish were named as wanting out in the last 24 hours with all assistant coaches.

James fantasia I think is the guy who was being interviewed for a position at the club and has declined due to events taking place in the last week.
thank god we didnt get him. walks from hawthorn for health reasons and then wants back into a role. meh no thanks