Biggest Sliding doors Moments

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Re: Biggest Sliding doors Moments

Doc Spaceman doesn't move to Geelong...

Houses prices stay up, the footy club has to make budget cuts. We win the flag by 100 Pts in 2009 against the Bulldogs.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:September 2006 -Saints president sacks Grant Thomas and files Supreme court writ against him less than 6 months later. Ross Lyon is appointed senior coach and the legend of Lyon is born.

Draft period Oct 2010 - Self preservation and selfish short term planning will be remebered as the legacy of Lyon. If it didn't work 3 or 4 years running what made Rossco think he could land a flag with even more rejects from other clubs?!!!!?

April. 2011 - Ross Lyon declares "the end of an era". He clearly was not interested in the longer term future of the St Kilda footy club (and didn't really care). The footy department and the board and CEO and those backing the 'In Ross we trust' philosophy would no-longer be fooled by an apprentice senior coach. The Saints appoint Chris Pelchen shortly afterward as the head of our footy department.

September 2011 - Ross leaves our club with a list in decline. The failures by Ross Lyon to land the ultimate prize and the bitterness and anger I felt was exacerbated by the realisation of the age profile of our players. That is the legacy of the legend of Lyon.

You need to open your eyes. Its really dark if you dont.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Kim Duthie at the age of 14 realises she's a lesbian.

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

I can't believe it's gone this long before someone has mentioned how much better it is going to the movies, rather than train like professional athletes.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Last night I had a strange dream. I dreamt I was walking along the beach with God. Across the dark sky flashed scenes from St Kilda's history. For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand, one belonging to me, and the other to God. I noticed that many times along the path there was only one set of footprints. I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in the clubs history. This bothered me and I questioned God about it.

"God, you said that once we named the club after a Saint, you'd walk with us all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in the clubs history there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when we needed you most you would leave us."

God replied "My precious, precious child, I love your club and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints in the sand, it was then.....

.....that I was taking a speccy on your back.... Jeezzzzzzaaaaaa!!!!"