Giants move ON Sam Fisher

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Re: Giants move ON Sam Fisher

Sometimes I reckon I am really dumb about football.

I dont understand how clubs are interested in players that have injuries that have kept them out the whole season

Sam Fisher, Daisy Thomas.

Anyway, I wouldnt be too upset if Sam went, I think his best is way behind him, and I dont mean to be offensive saying any of that.

Loved him and wish him the best for the future.

I also hate trade time, I'm not tough enough for it :oops:

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

I reckon saints would be happy to trade him

#1 Ryder fan
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

The Saintsational Man wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
sax wrote:Fisher + pick 3 for Bruce + pick 1?

They arent going to do that. Pick one is far to valuable.
Sometimes I think people play games like NBA Live 2013, or whatever it's called these days, and trade the entire bench of the Washington Wizards for LeBron James, Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony & Kevin Love, then think "Hey, maybe these kind of offers work in real life?"
Doubt it would be accepted, but has merits, consider Fisher recruited, then Scharenberg with 3, the Giants will then have Scharenberg @ 21/22yo and hitting his straps after honing his craft with Fisher on the field with him (once Chips retires), fanciful stuff really, but not entirely unrealistic especially if GWS for some crazy reason were not keen on Boyd (due to their fwd talls already on the list + Buddy).

From a list management pov it makes sense, if it was anyone other than Boyd, say for example Wifi last year, the trade would've been made imo.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:I reckon saints would be happy to trade him
Agree. Stuff going on. Time for a fresh start for both. Do the deal.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Any signs of a "keep Chips at the Saints" campaign starting on here? :wink: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote: Fisher + pick 3 for Bruce + pick 1?
Saintmania wrote:
Why is this unrealistic? Essentially it comes down to whether fisher is a two places draft pick better player than Bruce. Pretty easy to argue that he is. Don't think it will happen but far from the worse idea I've heard.
If you are talking 21 v 19 maybe but there is a huge difference between pick 1 and pick 3.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Fisher is probably our most important player. He started late so he should be good until 33 or so. GWS are getting an A grader we get a reserves grade in the NSW league in Bruce. We would want to get something good to tempt us. Bruce might develop and is a nice size but he could potentially be delisted if no one showed any interest. He might never play a game and Fisher has three or four more stellar years. I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want to keep him. There was talk they would give up pick 1 last year for him. In hindsight.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote: There was talk they would give up pick 1 last year for him. In hindsight.
Nothing to suggest it was any more than forum talk as far as I could tell.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

GWS will probably only use three picks in this draft. 1, 9. 19. So any trade with GWS could easily include their 3rd and 4th round picks as sweeteners.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Considering Pelcan stated pick 3 was not to be traded, any suggestions here is moot when it comes to our first pick.

In saying that, I wouldn't be upset to see Fisher +pick 3 for Patton, Bruce and pick 9

Now it sounds unrealistic but Bruce wants out, Patton is out until midway through next season with a knee, meaning no real preseason so of no real use until 2015.

Also if the Giants have Cameron and get Buddy, Patton will be seen to be a trade possibility. GWS then have picks 1,3 and 19

We then Patton, Bruce and pick 9.

I would like to see us keep #3 but that deal wouldn't be too bad, considering we have a top 10 dp and in 2014 we will have another in the top 10.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
gringo
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Considering Pelcan stated pick 3 was not to be traded, any suggestions here is moot when it comes to our first pick.

In saying that, I wouldn't be upset to see Fisher +pick 3 for Patton, Bruce and pick 9

Now it sounds unrealistic but Bruce wants out, Patton is out until midway through next season with a knee, meaning no real preseason so of no real use until 2015.

Also if the Giants have Cameron and get Buddy, Patton will be seen to be a trade possibility. GWS then have picks 1,3 and 19

I would like to see us keep #3 but that deal wouldn't be too bad, considering we have a top 10 dp and in 2014 we will have another in the top 10.

That would be a pretty good deal for both as we would improve long term, they improve now and we still get a Bontempelli or Sheed type for our midfield for the future. Sam could live in the country club and play golf all day.

spert
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Fisher is probably our most important player. He started late so he should be good until 33 or so. GWS are getting an A grader we get a reserves grade in the NSW league in Bruce. We would want to get something good to tempt us. Bruce might develop and is a nice size but he could potentially be delisted if no one showed any interest. He might never play a game and Fisher has three or four more stellar years. I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want to keep him. There was talk they would give up pick 1 last year for him. In hindsight.
AFL success is measured in premierships, and hoping that a player over 30 who has spent most of a season out with injuries, will contribute to that is very optimistic. There is a lot of sentiment on the forum for our older players who have served us well, but like NDS and Lenny, they are only going to be serviceable at best from here on, and the game busting, 3 vote games are gone for these guys, and Monty is really the exception amongst the older players who has turned it on this season.

jaxons
Club Player

We have to get Taylor Adams from GWS.
Exactly what we need.
A midfield star.
Straight swap for McEvoy as they need a ruckman.
Adams is a jet.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Considering Pelcan stated pick 3 was not to be traded, any suggestions here is moot when it comes to our first pick.

That would be a pretty good deal for both as we would improve long term, they improve now and we still get a Bontempelli or Sheed type for our midfield for the future. Sam could live in the country club and play golf all day.
Sounds better for us

3 & 40 (fisher) for 1 (Patton), 9 & 40 (Bruce)

matrix
Saintsational Legend

wtf would they want him for

i tell ya what....bye bye
the guys kinda nearly done
trade him i say

Hallalj#3
Club Player

Spot on.. That is a great deal.. Send it to Chris pelchen

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

I would be happy with straight swap for Josh Bruce.

Much more upside in Bruce IMO.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Hallalj#3 wrote:

lol - unlike some others I could name on this forum, I am not arrogant enough or egotistical enough to think I have anything to contribute to the likes of a Chris Pelcan :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote: lol - unlike some others I could name on this forum, I am not arrogant enough or egotistical enough to think I have anything to contribute to the likes of a Chris Pelcan :wink:
But the problem is joffa, Pelchen tries to do it all himself.

No one can be the supposistory of all talent wisdom and so to make sure he has everything covered he really should seek the input of others. It's called due diligence (are you listening James :wink: )

To compete withthe experts on this forum Pelchen really needs to stop being a one man band and start recruiting players with the help of Mr. Hine D Sight. 8-)

sainterinsydney
Club Player

We need to try and get Boyd somehow--he is the sort of player that you build your team around for 10 years, as is the case with Rooey. We are in the best position of any club to pull it off, considering we have Pick 3. Our bargaining position is good--we can do it!
Last edited by sainterinsydney on Thu 12 Sep 2013 12:39pm, edited 1 time in total.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:I reckon we'll see a trade get done here.
#culture
To get his influence away from a young mid you reckon?

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Hallalj#3 wrote:

That is a good deal for us but I would be concerned with Patons knee injuries, seems to be a very unlucky player injury wise

I love this club
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

This is just another of those Trade/Draft rumours that go around at this time EVERY year. I believe that joffaboy is placing them all in a special thread in his memory bank. I'm sure he is waiting until AFTER the Trade/Draft periods before launching his thoughts on those who may not have been 100% with their predictions !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Hallalj#3 wrote:

lol - unlike some others I could name on this forum, I am not arrogant enough or egotistical enough to think I have anything to contribute to the likes of a Chris Pelcan :wink:
It could be good deal for us but it's a bad deal for GWS. They'd laugh at the offer.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: It could be good deal for us but it's a bad deal for GWS. They'd laugh at the offer.

Why? They would have #1,#3, #19, would also have Fisher. The trade would only be fesiable if they get Buddy. Dont think it would happen, but and i think we may be advantaged but remember we drop from#3 to #9 and patton is a risk.

Lance or James??