Peter Hanlon you muppet

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Peter Hanlon you muppet

Hurricane wrote:Like all the commentators that still call Jack Steven StevenS. I mean the guy has been around since what 2008? And they still cant get it right?

If I was that bad at my job id get sacked

BANG BANG

So lets see. We have a go at commentators who say Stevens and thay have to know 700 players but peoploe who claim to follow the saints on here who have to know 40 players also still say it. Its hardly a big deal. getting Blakes first name wrong in an article on his retirement may just be a much bigger deal though.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Hurricane wrote:Like all the commentators that still call Jack Steven StevenS. I mean the guy has been around since what 2008? And they still cant get it right?

BANG BANG

So lets see. We have a go at commentators who say Stevens and thay have to know 700 players but peoploe who claim to follow the saints on here who have to know 40 players also still say it. Its hardly a big deal. getting Blakes first name wrong in an article on his retirement may just be a much bigger deal though.
There's a difference. We're not paid professionals.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
sverik25
Club Player

rexy wrote:Adding an S is more just a Bogan thing I think. When I was a kid in Croydon I had plenty of friends who liked to catch the train in to ringwood, they would go to Eastland"S" so they could shop at Myer"S" and Safeway"S"
I could only ever find one of each?
+1

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

BANG BANG

There's a difference. We're not paid professionals.

Well I get things wrong at work and I would suggest everyone else does as well. And hardly anyone says Stevens anyway.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Well I get things wrong at work and I would suggest everyone else does as well. And hardly anyone says Stevens anyway.

It's far from a hangable offense and it was corrected but the media is and should be subject to a higher standard than someone's work that is not in the public domain. I'm speaking from experience.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
jamesmc
Club Player

gringo wrote:He will go down with some of the modern greats like Jack Stevens and Jack New- ness. There are some guys who seem to have names that attract the idiots like moths to a candle.
I must say it is hard to not call him Stevens, or Roberton [ Robinson ], or for that matter James Pattinson [ Patterson ].