Dogs/Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dogs/Saints

tony74 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
tony74 wrote:Go back 1 year and see how the Dogs were travelling and how pessimistic everyone thought there future was. At the moment everyone can see a bright future for the Bulldogs.This time in 2014 we,ll be in the same situation. There is light at the end of the tunnel and Scott is the man.

Is that based on anything at all apart from somehow you liking him?
Well you know I could
A) Be the brother of a current player
B) Have a man crush on Scott
C) Work for the club

But you wouldn't believe me anyway.

P.S. He is very good though.

If you are PM me. I will check it out with one call. I would suggest you are just a mad keen supporter who seems to go to training a hell of a lot. i have no idea if SW is any good but if he is he will get a contract extention eventually. Lets be honest there would be Melbourne supporters who have said neeld is very good and he may have been but keeping him was hurting the club.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Dogs have magically come good once Coonsy, Griffin, Giansiricusa, Murphy and that potato full back all started playing in career best form.

Surprise???

Please.

Just imagine Roo, Milne, Joey, Dal, Fisher and Lenny in career best form! We'd be in the 8 - and kidding ourselves.

Intact, just try to imagine all those actually fit and playing together....

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Difference between us and the Doggies is that they have been lucky like Geelong in that they have had some excellent father-son opportunities, while we have not. They have also had a couple of seasons at the bottom already giving them access to some very good youngsters in the draft also. The future starts with this years draft. One excellent free agent (I'd suggest an All Australian CHB should be our priority) wouldn't hurt either.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
tony74 wrote:
Well you know I could
C) Work for the club

If you are PM me. I will check it out with one call. I would suggest you are just a mad keen supporter who seems to go to training a hell of a lot. i have no idea if SW is any good but if he is he will get a contract extention eventually. Lets be honest there would be Melbourne supporters who have said neeld is very good and he may have been but keeping him was hurting the club.
Are you going to call your Dad?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
tony74 wrote:
Well you know I could
C) Work for the club

I doubt he would know him but his best mate who was cairman of selectors in the 1966 GF may. look his name up if you like. maybe Tony is him. Maybe you are. Who knows anyone here.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I doubt he would know him but his best mate who was cairman of selectors in the 1966 GF may. look his name up if you like. maybe Tony is him. Maybe you are. Who knows anyone here.

Your Dads best mate would have known my Nanna really well then. As an aside it's great to know that I can get you to sort stuff with one phone call.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

plugger66 wrote:
I am so looking forward to the day you make a complete and very public fool of yourself.

One call hey - to which of the players you used to billet for the club? I just happen to know the answer to the multiple choice and you just lost a wang measuring contest you plonker......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Are you going to call your Dad?

I doubt he would know him but his best mate who was cairman of selectors in the 1966 GF may. look his name up if you like. maybe Tony is him. Maybe you are. Who knows anyone here.[/quote]

Maybe I should nip round the corner when I get home and ask your old man then.....

IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Kickit
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote:Difference between us and the Doggies is that they have been lucky like Geelong in that they have had some excellent father-son opportunities, while we have not. They have also had a couple of seasons at the bottom already giving them access to some very good youngsters in the draft also. The future starts with this years draft. One excellent free agent (I'd suggest an All Australian CHB should be our priority) wouldn't hurt either.
Father/Son doesn't always pan out to be a huge advantage though. In fact I'd say that the bulldogs have pretty much used it as its intended, simply to allow a young kid to play for the same team their father played for.
Ayce Cordy : No evidence that they have gained an advantage by getting him the pick after Tom Lynch ( who is having more impact at AFL level right now ).
Wallace and Libretore may have gone a bit late, but not to the extent that ( for example ) Jack Viney did. ( and the days of getting Garry Ablett at pick 40 are long gone ).

St Kilda could easily have drafted Mitch Brown or Jackson Trengove - when the dogs got Cordy.
We could have drafted Jack Darling or Jeremy Howe after the dogs got Wallace. We could have got Luke Dahlhaus after the dogs got Libretore.
Hunter? We'll see.

Also ignoring the massive advantage the saints got from the Second Cousin pick in 2009. :)

matrix
Saintsational Legend

oh dear
someone might step right in the doo doo with no shoes on me thinks

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Are you going to call your Dad?

Maybe I should nip round the corner when I get home and ask your old man then.....[/quote]

You keep saying things as if you know me which is quite confusing because I have no idea who you are. By the way you are welcome to ask him. I have no idea what you are asking him though.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:You keep saying things as if you know me which is quite confusing because I have no idea who you are.
Hmmm, no you don't........

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
plugger66 wrote:You keep saying things as if you know me which is quite confusing because I have no idea who you are.
Hmmm, no you don't........

Its very strange that you would look up my facebook page when I was away. Very strange indeed. Its a bit of a worry actually. Still would love to know what you would ask my old man.

And also I dont care who you are unless we are friends but im unsure I know anyone in Mornington apart from my mum and dad.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Its very strange that you would look up my facebook page when I was away.
I don't use facebook......

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Its very strange that you would look up my facebook page when I was away.
I don't use facebook......

Well you quite clearly said you saw photos so i have no idea how you did that. You also said you saw me talk to Lenny one day at the footy and that wasnt true. maybe you actually have no idea who I am. god knows why you would care. Still want to know what you are asking my dad.

Buckets
SS Life Member

tony74 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
tony74 wrote:Go back 1 year and see how the Dogs were travelling and how pessimistic everyone thought there future was. At the moment everyone can see a bright future for the Bulldogs.This time in 2014 we,ll be in the same situation. There is light at the end of the tunnel and Scott is the man.

Is that based on anything at all apart from somehow you liking him?
Well you know I could
C) Work for the club

What about D) all of the above? Haha

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Well you quite clearly said you saw photos so i have no idea how you did that. You also said you saw me talk to Lenny one day at the footy and that wasnt true. maybe you actually have no idea who I am. god knows why you would care. Still want to know what you are asking my dad.
I said I saw a photo - you need to expand your thinking. I don't use facebook.

I never said I saw you talk to anyone - I said you talked to Lenny.

I know exactly who you are.

I would need to be asking your Dad who the chairman of selectors was in 1966. I was only born that year so I have no idea.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Well you quite clearly said you saw photos so i have no idea how you did that. You also said you saw me talk to Lenny one day at the footy and that wasnt true. maybe you actually have no idea who I am. god knows why you would care. Still want to know what you are asking my dad.
I said I saw a photo - you need to expand your thinking. I don't use facebook.

I never said I saw you talk to anyone - I said you talked to Lenny.

I know exactly who you are.

I would need to be asking your Dad who the chairman of selectors was in 1966. I was only born that year so I have no idea.

Its Brian Muir. Now i am confused. The photos taken were only posted on facebook so unless you know a mate of mine im lost. You also must know my old man and live in Mornington. And i didnt speak to lenny that day so maybe you think i am someone else. Like this game. A few more clues would be nice.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:dogs did well from losing two players to the new franchises then 2 father sons that were good then really good picks and a great senior core.
Pick 6 for Callun Ward...lol..they did very very well with that one.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.