Big Kosi's 200th

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Big Kosi's 200th

Bernard Shakey wrote:Should not and hopefully will not happen!
Your an idiot and not half the person he is. Get a life!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

PADDLEPOP1001 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
PADDLEPOP1001 wrote:Kosi deserves it ,the fans deserve it and by the last round what difference does it make,blokes go in for ops and other blokes get games who don"t deserve it so lets do something good for a loyal clubman!

As I said maybe we get special permission to sell sponsors spots. This is AFL footy and no one deserves to play if completely unfit.
As I said he deserves it and it might just be good for the playing group as a whole paticularly the young blokes,not like it hasn't"t been done before = Bruce Monteath 80 Granny!

No one deserves to play if they arent fir enough to play some role and my guess is he wouldnt want to play if he is injured. It will make difference to the playing group next year and even doubtful it would this year. Hope he gets fit enough to play his 200th otherwise it would be a shame but thats life.

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

I think anyone who has been involved/played or been around footy for a while understands the sweat ,resilience and toughness that it takes to play 200 odd games let alone 200 in an AFL environment it's a great achievement and the big bloke deserves it and so does the playing group an the supportersl

PADDLEPOP1000
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Rather than argue the merits of Kosi's 200th I would like to think that ALL saints fans are hoping that he gets over the line.

Fitness, Form and Time are going to be MAJOR contributing factors, especially time, as there aint much left !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

PADDLEPOP1001 wrote:I think anyone who has been involved/played or been around footy for a while understands the sweat ,resilience and toughness that it takes to play 200 odd games let alone 200 in an AFL environment it's a great achievement and the big bloke deserves it and so does the playing group an the supportersl

Kosi probably could have kicked a heap more goals if he wasn't used as a foil for Rooey. If anything he was a bit too laid back and didn't demand all the attention. He's been pretty harshly marked on the last couple of years where age and injuries have taken away his competitiveness. He deserves his 200 if fit and a lot more respect for his career. I think he's obviously a lot higher rated than some externally see him or else he wouldn't have got this far.

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Eastern wrote:Rather than argue the merits of Kosi's 200th I would like to think that ALL saints fans are hoping that he gets over the line.

Fitness, Form and Time are going to be MAJOR contributing factors, especially time, as there aint much left !!
Agree!

PADDLEPOP1000
PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

gringo wrote:
PADDLEPOP1001 wrote:I think anyone who has been involved/played or been around footy for a while understands the sweat ,resilience and toughness that it takes to play 200 odd games let alone 200 in an AFL environment it's a great achievement and the big bloke deserves it and so does the playing group an the supportersl

Kosi probably could have kicked a heap more goals if he wasn't used as a foil for Rooey. If anything he was a bit too laid back and didn't demand all the attention. He's been pretty harshly marked on the last couple of years where age and injuries have taken away his competitiveness. He deserves his 200 if fit and a lot more respect for his career. I think he's obviously a lot higher rated than some externally see him or else he wouldn't have got this far.
+1

PADDLEPOP1000
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i hope Kosi and Blake get their goodbye games in the Gold Coast game because ill be there at that game and i would love to cheer both of them off in thanks for giving us years of great (and some times not so great) memories ...
after the season its been we need a bit of that romance that footy can offer just like when the guard of Loewe and Burkey retired and they handed over thier battle worn numbers to the promising kids Kosi and XClarke these were major highlights to me in otherwise bleak seasons i would love to see Blakey and Kosi come off the feild and hand over the 23 and 27 to the next gen of promising kids

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i hope Kosi and Blake get their goodbye games in the Gold Coast game because ill be there at that game and i would love to cheer both of them off in thanks for giving us years of great (and some times not so great) memories ...
after the season its been we need a bit of that romance that footy can offer just like when the guard of Loewe and Burkey retired and they handed over thier battle worn numbers to the promising kids Kosi and XClarke these were major highlights to me in otherwise bleak seasons i would love to see Blakey and Kosi come off the feild and hand over the 23 and 27 to the next gen of promising kids
+1

PADDLEPOP1000
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i hope Kosi and Blake get their goodbye games in the Gold Coast game because ill be there at that game and i would love to cheer both of them off in thanks for giving us years of great (and some times not so great) memories ...

Totally agree.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Blake and Kosi BOTH deserve a farewell game.

It needs to be remembered that we are meant to be a CLUB, and not a business!!

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Blake and Kosi BOTH deserve a farewell game.

Even if they arent fit enough to play?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Who gives a s***...what are we playing for? I would rather bench the guys and have them run on for 10 minutes at the end with Kosi as the sub and Blakey given a run in defence just to get through the last game.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Who gives a s***...what are we playing for? I would rather bench the guys and have them run on for 10 minutes at the end with Kosi as the sub and Blakey given a run in defence just to get through the last game.

Well if we put injured players out there just to say goodbye then we really are a pathetic club. If that is the case lets just play all our seconds players. This is AFL footy, not D grade Ammos and even D grade Ammos probably wouldnt do that. Seriously i cant beleive what I read on here sometimes. The worst part is it seems a fair few agree.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Well if we put injured players out there just to say goodbye then we really are a pathetic club. If that is the case lets just play all our seconds players. This is AFL footy, not D grade Ammos and even D grade Ammos probably wouldnt do that. Seriously i cant beleive what I read on here sometimes. The worst part is it seems a fair few agree.
Is that you BigMart?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

Is that you BigMart?
No it isnt. Its a supporter wanting Kosi and Blake to get fairwell games if they are fit enough to get on the field.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Is that you BigMart?
No it isnt. Its a supporter wanting Kosi and Blake to get fairwell games if they are fit enough to get on the field.
where have all the romantics gone. I reckon it would be good to see the big Kosi crash the packs one more time for the classic pack mark 50m out and then drill it home right through the middle...to snatch victory...after the siren...in round 23...wake up the next morning hung over...what dreams are made of.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

So Roo has a floating bone in foot that requires a clean out at end of season, Enter Kosi > 12 goal haul > snags another 1 year contract 8-) ....im joking ofcourse, just hope the big fella gets 200.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

i reckon Blakey would be good to go fitness wise
Kosi time is running out for him but the fact is its going to be his last game so often the thing holding an injured player back is the risk of further injury with Kosi thats not such a big concern as he will have his whole life to be retired if the injury worsens during the game ... obviously if Kosi is still seriously injured that he cant do anything then yeah sorry Kosi but we cant go in one short but if there is a chance we can get at least 60% out of him i would just play him for romance sake

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Greg T
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

Crikey, we've only one 3 games with fit blokes...
Stick him in the pocket .....

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

I disagree with the premise.

Businesses get results.

I don't care for the warm and fuzzy feeling of the club doing good by supporters or players.

I just want to see the entity win.

That being stated, luv kosi