Comment on votes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Comment on votes

Are you talking about Chris Riewoldt, the Clarence legend..... No, I have never met him, know him or played against him.... He was done before I finished U16s I think?

And, I was bought up the opposite end of the state .....

Cairnsman, ill give you a free tip on how to be somewhat successful. Worry about yourself and don't concern yourself too much with others opinions.... Allow them to have their opinion and do not let it deter you or worry you?!
So instead of being obsessed with me, just let it be, debate the point and take it or leave it..... You'll probably even feel better, as you seem to be a bit agitated?!

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Since we are not allowed to make comment on votes in the votes, a few observations

Hayes... Given Votes... He spent a fair portion of the game getting belted by Selwood who was BOG... As usual he tried, but was flogged...

Jones.... Given votes... A hard tag on SJ who had 29 touches and smashed him.... He tried, was poor

Steven.... 55% efficiency is not good enough at AFL level, he worked hard offensively and won the footy, but his effectiveness was minimal or detrimental because he turned it over constantly, often on the run under little pressure? His defensive work is questionable, he never mans up, and a reason he is always free is he has a offensive mindset only. Ever wondered why opposition never sit on him?
That aside, he was tireless

Armitage.... Contested hard, never won enough footy.

Joey and Dal were OK but not damaging

Ray and Newnes seemed to battle hard, but also chunked it a bit

Seriously, I couldn't find a good player after QT and could not give votes for effort, expected as a professional footballer
Or for 1 quarter of footy... Not good enough.
Just out of interest who do you think Steven should have hit with his possesions that where generally under extreme pressure. He would have looked up the ground and seen a wall of Geelong. Disposal efficency is the greatest crock of s*** stat in the AFL when its looked at by itself.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Are you talking about Chris Riewoldt, the Clarence legend..... No, I have never met him, know him or played against him.... He was done before I finished U16s I think?

Cairnsman, ill give you a free tip on how to be somewhat successful. Worry about yourself and don't concern yourself too much with others opinions.... Allow them to have their opinion and do not let it deter you or worry you?!
So instead of being obsessed with me, just let it be, debate the point and take it or leave it..... You'll probably even feel better, as you seem to be a bit agitated?!

Good advice Bigmouth...doesn't make sense though because I come here to concern myself with other peoples opinions purely for entertainment reasons and you make SS hilarious.

Middo
Club Player

GEELONG v ST KILDA
(Peter Hanlon)
Steven Motlop (Geelong) 8
Joel Selwood (Geelong) 8
James Podsiadly (Geelong) 7
Tom Hawkins (Geelong) 7
Jack Steven (St Kilda) 6

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... z2aOKUSJm0

Just saying ....

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Middo
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Are you talking about Chris Riewoldt, the Clarence legend..... No, I have never met him, know him or played against him.... He was done before I finished U16s I think?

Ok from the North that explains quite a few things...
Yeah Peter & Chris played with and against these guys for 10 years in the statewide league.

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Middo wrote:GEELONG v ST KILDA
(Peter Hanlon)
Steven Motlop (Geelong) 8
Joel Selwood (Geelong) 8
James Podsiadly (Geelong) 7
Tom Hawkins (Geelong) 7
Jack Steven (St Kilda) 6

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... z2aOKUSJm0

Just saying ....

I think for the last 4 weeks there has been a just saying event regarding jack Steven and with the same poster. It seems jack is now the favourite player of media people at our game and the posters on here. just saying.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Re: Comment on Coaches' votes

Coaches' votes Round 18

Geelong v St. Kilda

10 Motlop (Geel)
7 Selwood (Geel)
4 Hawkins (Geel)
3 Duncan (Geel)
3 Mackie (Geel)
2 Steven (St K)
1 Johnson (Geel)

Thought Montagna must have been close.....
Motlop on the end of 2-3 easy goals I reckon.

No Contract, No contact :shock:
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

If no one can admit or believe that Jack turned it over continually, that's ok....

He did work hard, no doubt.... But he was extremely wasteful with footy in hand

dragit
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:If no one can admit or believe that Jack turned it over continually, that's ok....

Can't believe you are still waffling on… you gave no votes to any players… then went on to criticise everyone who did… now the coaches and media have given Jack a few votes and you're still at it.

You're not ahead mate but you should definitely quit.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
BigMart wrote:If no one can admit or believe that Jack turned it over continually, that's ok....

Can't believe you are still waffling on… you gave no votes to any players… then went on to criticise everyone who did… now the coaches and media have given Jack a few votes and you're still at it.

You're not ahead mate but you should definitely quit.

do we have a love button.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I just gave my viewpoint?

Is that allowed or not??

I'm not going to silenced by apologists, and will continue to make an observation as I see it, and you can debate it if you wish.... Or ignore it

But don't tell me to quit..... Just explain your position in the argument

I watched the game, and raw stats support an obvious conclusion.... One out of every two kicks to advantage is poor by AFL standards...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I just gave my viewpoint?

Is that allowed or not??

I'm not going to silenced by apologists, and will continue to make an observation as I see it, and you can debate it if you wish.... Or ignore it

But don't tell me to quit..... Just explain your position in the argument

I watched the game, and raw stats support an obvious conclusion.... One out of every two kicks to advantage is poor by AFL standards...

So you can have a go at posters for giving votes to certain players but other people cant have a go at you for saying that. Yep we get it now.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Jack is proof of what it takes to be successful at something. He doesn't mouth off and constantly put other people down to pump up his own fragile ego up. It is a real credit to him how he has worked to get where he is.

I actually think he could be captain material. Never thought that before.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Jack is proof of what it takes to be successful at something. He doesn't mouth off and constantly put other people down to pump up his own fragile ego up. It is a real credit to him how he has worked to get where he is.

I can assure you Jack could never be captaincy material but he can become a great player.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Jack is proof of what it takes to be successful at something. He doesn't mouth off and constantly put other people down to pump up his own fragile ego up. It is a real credit to him how he has worked to get where he is.

I can assure you Jack could never be captaincy material but he can become a great player.
Assurance!...ok. you've got me interested...why? and how can you give an assurance?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Assurance!...ok. you've got me interested...why? and how can you give an assurance?

Well I actually cant but he just doesnt come across as anything like a captain. He doesnt like media really so thats not a great start.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I just gave my viewpoint?
No you didn't,

Your viewpoint was - "No votes" in the votes thread…

You then went on to create a thread on how stupid everyone is on here for actually ranking who they thought was our best, not easy after 100 point loss but how dare they.

You keep telling us that we are all happy with being mediocre, whereas you are a winner and won't stand for it. Baiting plain & simple.

1 flag in 140 years says that St Kilda Football Club don't win the comp very often… but most people still love the club. It just seems that you really wished that you went for another team… as you always talk about how pathetic we are and what the 'good' clubs do differently. If we aren't a 'good' club in your eyes then everyone would be better off if you cut to the chase and just started following one of these 'good' clubs… maybe just until you get the tassie side that you're after.

We are going to see many 10+ goal floggings over the next 4-5 years, get used to it… it's not about accepting mediocrity, it's accepting the reality the goes along with a massive re-build. You really shouldn't put up with it mate… you're a winner… go get yourself a 'good' team.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Please don't misrepresent me, like all of the other apologist cronies.....

I made an explanation as to why I didn't want to give votes because you can't do that in the votes thread.... You don't care for that ..... Don't bother with it...

In the rest of your rant, you misrepresent me, with what you read into my posts and the make assumptions on my behalf?....

Then proceed to tell me what to do?! After telling me, that I told people that they were stupid... No quotes and just your interpretation of comments.... All a little ironic

I know this is hard to believe dragit, but I support this club as much as you, am loyal as you, and love the Saints.... And yes, supported us through the dark 80s... Like that's anything to hang my hat on?!

I Just don't accept the viewpoint that we have to accept being mediocre, and prefer we did something about it, something aggressive ....... As Freo did (to us) the one thing GT did for this club, was changed a defeatist mindset, and went about changing attitudes towards StK.... We weren't whipping boys anymore and we got in everyone's faces....

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:

Good advice Bigmouth...doesn't make sense though because I come here to concern myself with other peoples opinions purely for entertainment reasons and you make SS hilarious.
So entertainment reasons and clowning around is your main motivation for posting...as well as name calling and ganging up with your clown mates on posters who bother to provide constructive criticism. Hmmmm...good reason I suppose why no one should take anything you say seriously.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Just checking for a sense of humour......?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:Image

Just checking for a sense of humour......?

Your wasting your time. There is no humour there.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

It seems that a lot of posters 'misunderstand' BM's posts on here.

Maybe part of being an 'apologist' is also misunderstanding BM?

IMHO it is a fanciful notion (misunderstanding BM's posts).
There seems to be clear intent in the original posting of this thread by BM to
belittle
bait
deride
dismiss
downplay

the pov of those that chose to respond to the 'Votes Thread' by posting their opinion on who were the Saints best in the 101 point flogging by Geelong (5,4,3,2,1).
A thread that has asked posters for years to nominate who they thought were our Best players in a match, immaterial of the result,

But no, this particular poster who seemingly suffers from delusions of grandeur over his own accomplishments (couldofbeen, shouldofbeen, wouldofbeen) then has the temerity to 'complain' that everyone who takes him to task for his obvious attempt at 'baiting' anybody who doesn't drink his 'jungle juice' is 'being mean to him' and misunderstanding/misrepresenting his pov. :roll:

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

So entertainment reasons and clowning around is your main motivation for posting...as well as name calling and ganging up with your clown mates on posters who bother to provide constructive criticism. Hmmmm...good reason I suppose why no one should take anything you say seriously.
Dry your eyes Princess!

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:It seems that a lot of posters 'misunderstand' BM's posts on here.

Maybe part of being an 'apologist' is also misunderstanding BM?

IMHO it is a fanciful notion (misunderstanding BM's posts).
There seems to be clear intent in the original posting of this thread by BM to
belittle
bait
deride
dismiss
downplay

the pov of those that chose to respond to the 'Votes Thread' by posting their opinion on who were the Saints best in the 101 point flogging by Geelong (5,4,3,2,1).
A thread that has asked posters for years to nominate who they thought were our Best players in a match, immaterial of the result,

But no, this particular poster who seemingly suffers from delusions of grandeur over his own accomplishments (couldofbeen, shouldofbeen, wouldofbeen) then has the temerity to 'complain' that everyone who takes him to task for his obvious attempt at 'baiting' anybody who doesn't drink his 'jungle juice' is 'being mean to him' and misunderstanding/misrepresenting his pov. :roll:
That just about covers it...very well I might add.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i just wasted several minutes of my life reading all the crap on this thread... :roll: :cry:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.