Dear oh dear Nick....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dear oh dear Nick....

Cheap shot?

He's the best player of the last decade and by some margin......

Did he not hurt the team tonight with poor finishing skills??

RESPONSE WAS EDITED AS WAS RESPONSE TO BAITING AND NOT ON SUBJECT

maverick
Saintsational Legend

POST REMOVED FOR CONTINUED BAITING

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Hey, you're the one having a crack at me buddy....

So I'm just telling you what I think, you wanted to get personal? And personally, I would have to rate myself a fraction ahead of you.... Just judging you on what you say.

Going to add you to the foe list (like you're china plate) can't be bothered defending myself against continual rubbish.... I have found the forum much more readable since I found out how to do that

You don't like my comments, here's a tip, do the same with me....

maverick
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Hey, you're the one having a crack at me buddy....

So I'm just telling you what I think, you wanted to get personal? And personally, I would have to rate myself a fraction ahead of you.... Just judging you on what you say.

Going to add you to the foe list (like you're china plate) can't be bothered defending myself against continual rubbish.... I have found the forum much more readable since I found out how to do that

Go ahead, personally I will enjoy the self adulation and correct the most obvious BS

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:

Go ahead, personally I will enjoy the self adulation and correct the most obvious BS
You didn't correct anything. You just said that Roo has had a fantastic career and then took a cheap shot at the poster and got personal. If you don't agree with any of the comments and think that it is obvious BS then point it out to us, but don't BS and say you are 'correcting'.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Scollop - you are correct. Maverick - we welcome frank debate and vigorous arguments on point. Forum rules clearly you are not allowed to bait, insult, belittle or bully posters. How about writing a counter argument to the view being aired WITHOUT getting personal with the poster?

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

If Nick was a better kick for goal we may have won an extra flag or two, and Nick would be considered one of the best footballers in the history of the game.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
maverick wrote:

You didn't correct anything. You just said that Roo has had a fantastic career and then took a cheap shot at the poster and got personal. If you don't agree with any of the comments and think that it is obvious BS then point it out to us, but don't BS and say you are 'correcting'.
Pointed out the bs in another thread.

Richter
SS Life Member

Yep. We missed 4 highly gettable goals in the first quarter when we were on top. Irritating as that would have set the game up in a different way.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
maverick
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:Scollop - you are correct. Maverick - we welcome frank debate and vigorous arguments on point. Forum rules clearly you are not allowed to bait, insult, belittle or bully posters. How about writing a counter argument to the view being aired WITHOUT getting personal with the poster?
Will welcome the consistency on this.

Trixilver
Club Player

I've never been comfortable when he's lining up. Nothing new here! Great player though.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote:If Nick was a better kick for goal we may have won an extra flag or two, and Nick would be considered one of the best footballers in the history of the game.
No. Nick didn't cost us a flag - everyone would probably agree he was one of the main reasons we got a chance to play GF's. The whole forward line and the game plan failed on both occasions. We didn't pick the right players in both years and we didn't value young blokes on our playing list

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Just wish he owned it after the game a bit more...

I'll cut him some slack given his knee, but makes it hard when the new GP appears to be being built on pressure/turnovers and hurting them on the rebound and we don't.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Needs the rest of the season IMO to get said knee right. It is not doing him nor the team any good to drive hime into the ground when he is obviously playing in such discomfort. From this point on any senior players who get hurt should be having their surgery, rest or rehabilition to prepare them for the preseason we need to have. WE need to get games into those players who may be the future of the club. We also need to give guys like McEvoy the opportunity to lead the team on match day sooner rather than later.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

We were 3.6 at 1/4 time. At 6.3 we would have been in a way better position. Roo and Lee missed gettable goals. Roo clould have had 4 and Lee could have had 4 or 5. The midfield's good work goes to waste especially when Carlton took the ball down the other end and got Rowe or Henderson on the lead 25 out and they bury it.

Im not saying accurate kicking would have won the game for us but it would have helped

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

BS or just being picky on the detail

If that was your gotcha moment... It was a huge one

20 possessions is not passed 20.... Wow.... Huge BS there.... Yo got me, 1 touch...Ethan's a HB .... Wow

I'll correct it for you, passed 19, how's that
Feel vindicated

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Think he's shot.

Had an excellent first half of the year, but I think just wear and tear is getting to him now.

Needs to be carefully managed for the rest of the year.

Next year probably his last I would say.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Firstly

No ones saying 'sack him'

Secondly

He had two kicks before the knee, and did not get a jab!

You werent even at the game and you say he didnt get a jab. Now unless you have rung him up i would suggest you are making that up to back up wour comments.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

One of our all time greats. No question. One thing I have noticed over the past couple of seasons is his turning circle and change of direction. They're pretty much non existent. Forward and back he's still the best in the AFL. Hope he won't be too incapacitated after he finishes footy. His knee must be shocking.

Funny enough he's probably had the least yips of his career this season.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

Secondly

You werent even at the game and you say he didnt get a jab. Now unless you have rung him up i would suggest you are making that up to back up wour comments.
just amazes me the inside info BM is given.....

Fortius Quo Fidelius
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Secondly

Hmmmm I think it is pretty clear that BigMart is saying that he missed two easy shots BEFORE he did his knee and that the "jab" would have been AFTER he did his knee so probably could not be the reason for missing two relatively easy shots. Anyway - that is the way I read it ... not quite sure how it could be read as a claim that Roo didn't have a jab?

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

ShanghaiSaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Secondly

just amazes me the inside info BM is given.....
ShanghaiSaint - actually BigMart never claimed to have inside info. His post is correct (Riewoldt missed two easy shots pre the knee injury and jab) but his words were twisted.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Secondly

Hmmmm I think it is pretty clear that BigMart is saying that he missed two easy shots BEFORE he did his knee and that the "jab" would have been AFTER he did his knee so probably could not be the reason for missing two relatively easy shots. Anyway - that is the way I read it ... not quite sure how it could be read as a claim that Roo didn't have a jab?

Are you serious. he says he had 2 kicks before the knee and then says as an aside and he didnt get a jab. Very obvious he was telling us something he would have no idea. I think we know whats going on here.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Are you serious? He is CEARLY saying that missing two easy shots cannot be blamed on having a jab (as was raised by another poster) ... because it was BEFORE he hurt his knee and LOGICALLY the jab would be AFTER he did his knee. I know what is going on here ... you are twisting his words to create an argument.