Possible trade

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

lloyd21
Club Player

Possible trade

Just don't get it all these calls for trading experience out.

Going forward half back types like Newnes , Wright , Murdoch are going to spend time in midfield that is what happens, hence why intrigues me eg Sharenburg (Draft)
Seeing comments we don't need a swingman who can deliver the ball of half back are you kidding Fisher nearly finished, Gwilt ,Dempster , hence why they are using Dal Santo
at times off half back and this is going to increase next year.
Exactly what Essendon do with Stanton , Goddard Sydney are doing with Mcveigh Hawthorn do with Hodge.

Doubt you will see the Saints trading anyone or picks ( only if Milera is going home ) this year Draft , next year Free Agents when there are a lot of no quick fix.

SinCitySainter
Club Player

Re: Possible trade

Firstly, pick 22 and Gwilt/Gilbert will not get you a top ten pick.
Dempster or Fisher and 22 might and while I would not consider Dempster as he is now our number one defender, maybe Fisher.
Dal or Monty and 22 may also be worth a top ten pick to the right side.
However, the fly in the ointment Dal, Monty and Fisher would all be great top up players for a side challenging for the premiership now.
Those sides will not have top ten picks to use.
It is a classic catch 22 the sides who want a cream style trade don't have the high draft picks and the sides with high draft picks want young guys to match where they are.

SaintJohn1956
Club Player

Not sure about who to trade I think we should make the most of our early picks.
What I would like to see maybe is if Lee holds up as a decent forward - which is why he was recruited. Give Nick a turn at CHB. That should give him a bit more longevity rather than getting crunched in the forward line all the time. We need a tall defender - I think Brereton and Carey did that later in their careers.

Saint John
stinger
Saintsational Legend

thank the lord that it is the club..not some keyboard warrior on a fan forum who will decide who stays on our list, who goes and who and how many we draft...and not one word printed hear will change that........but ...go ahead guys...keep tossing up ideas..it's all in good fun and won't do any harm......thankfully..... :wink: :wink: :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Cool, stinger has approved discussion… carry on everyone.

Kiedis
Club Player

dragit wrote:Cool, stinger has approved discussion… carry on everyone.
lol. Isn't that the point of a forum? Of course we've all got no idea stacked up to the people that do. We like to discuss all things St Kilda..

At the moment that's rebuilding.

Fight on keyboard warriors!

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

For everyone thatt wants Boyd, isnt loewe's son not far off like 2 years. Id rather mids. Aish and or kelly would be great

Kernal75
Club Player

Who's to say that Dal won't ask to be traded at the years end? Yes he's part of the "fabric" of our club but what if he came in and said "I don't want to execute the clause in my contract" why wouldn't we package him up with pick 22? Gold Coast would lap that deal up I reckon and their tracking at about pick 10?

Kiedis
Club Player

Kernal75 wrote:Who's to say that Dal won't ask to be traded at the years end? Yes he's part of the "fabric" of our club but what if he came in and said "I don't want to execute the clause in my contract" why wouldn't we package him up with pick 22? Gold Coast would lap that deal up I reckon and their tracking at about pick 10?
Yeah, well, that's the thing.. Woulda said the same for BJ.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Cool, stinger has approved discussion… carry on everyone.
:wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

ROLS-LEE wrote:For everyone thatt wants Boyd, isnt loewe's son not far off like 2 years. Id rather mids. Aish and or kelly would be great
believe it or not ....................young loewe is a small at Under 14..............made SMJFL Div 2 team at 14 level but did not stand out

he is quite small even for under 14

saint4life
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

in the drafting we need to look at the massive hole that is going to be left once Roo retires ... our fist pick needs to be a big forward who we can build the forward line around if there isnt one around by our pick then we look at the best midfielder... defenders we can look to the later parts of the draft

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
felix
Club Player

Gwilt + dal + milera for number 1 plus a second round pick .

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

felix wrote:Gwilt + dal + milera for number 1 plus a second round pick .

I never get these 3 player trades with 2 players that are worth nothing somehow helping the pick become reasonable. That would never happen unless GWS are on drugs. it is basically Dal and pick 22 for pick one. Not going to happen.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
felix wrote:Gwilt + dal + milera for number 1 plus a second round pick .

I never get these 3 player trades with 2 players that are worth nothing somehow helping the pick become reasonable. That would never happen unless GWS are on drugs. it is basically Dal and pick 22 for pick one. Not going to happen.
I assumed it was a piss take...

surely...

Then again, Ray's name wasn't included, so that just confuses things..

kimberly saint
Club Player

God get me on the pay list im telling you del and our first pick to gws for number1/ boyd and there second round pick

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

chook23 wrote:
ROLS-LEE wrote:For everyone thatt wants Boyd, isnt loewe's son not far off like 2 years. Id rather mids. Aish and or kelly would be great
believe it or not ....................young loewe is a small at Under 14..............made SMJFL Div 2 team at 14 level but did not stand out

he is quite small even for under 14
:-(

felix
Club Player

Plus ray .... :lol:

dragit
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:in the drafting we need to look at the massive hole that is going to be left once Roo retires ... our fist pick needs to be a big forward who we can build the forward line around if there isnt one around by our pick then we look at the best midfielder... defenders we can look to the later parts of the draft
Isn't that why we got White & Lee?

older saint
SS Life Member

I cannot see GWS trading pick 1 unless they get a ridiculous offer - which sheedy is hoping for - like a Kruezer and Gibbs.

This Kid at 1 could be anything and is worth hunting but the fact that 2-5 are all quality mids which seem to not have a clear order means upside in our pick 4

noob
Club Player

What would Stanley's trade value be?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I wouldn't trade out nds or dal.
Is he a Gemini? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote:I cannot see GWS trading pick 1 unless they get a ridiculous offer - which sheedy is hoping for - like a Kruezer and Gibbs.

This Kid at 1 could be anything and is worth hunting but the fact that 2-5 are all quality mids which seem to not have a clear order means upside in our pick 4
We definitely don't have the currency to satisfy a trade for GWS's pick 1 unless we part with both Steven and McEvoy or McEvoy/our first pick IMO. Just not worth it. Like you say, look at one of the top mids in the draft.

This draft seems a little underwhelming however the top 4 looks very solid. It's almost set in stone that Boyd goes pick 1 and Sharenberg, Aish and Kelly (any order) go picks 2-4. After those guys you've got players such as Billings, Dunstan and Crouch who have a few shortcomings so vitally important we have a selection inside that top 4 range.

It would be nice to have two picks inside the top 4 but not going to happen.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote:I cannot see GWS trading pick 1 unless they get a ridiculous offer - which sheedy is hoping for - like a Kruezer and Gibbs.

I seriously woudldnt be surprised if Carlton offered up Kreuzer and Gibbs to GWS for Pick 1 (Boyd)

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:

I seriously woudldnt be surprised if Carlton offered up Kreuzer and Gibbs to GWS for Pick 1 (Boyd)
I hope they do. Their list management has been near on Melbourne standard and I reckon that trade would keep with their past poor decisions. The Blues would be suckers parting with two established assets who will be 200+ game players for an unknown commodity.

While I love the idea of getting a big bodied forward who is one of the more talented big guys of recent years it's still not a sure thing that he becomes the player he is destined to be.

There's a bit of talk about us trading our first rounder and an established player such as McEvoy for pick 1 (Boyd) but I can't help but think if we did that and GWS ended up with a better player at pick 3 (our first rounder) than Boyd. We lose McEvoy and get a Lachie Hanson or Scott Gumbleton....GWS get McEvoy and Joel Selwood or Travis Boak....Personally I'd stay away from these type of deals.