beau maister injured

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Re: beau maister injured

Unreal. You can't bag the guy, he gives 100% then rips his hammy.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Unfortunate for Beau, he seems like a great guy who gives his all, but he's barely GOP standard and injury troubles put him under serious pressure to keep his spot on the list.

This is probably the last chance for Kosi to get to 200 games and personally I hope he makes it. Lee and White aren't banging down the door and both aren't physically ready. Same goes for Hickey and he doesn't fit in a balanced team with McEvoy unless he can learn to play forward.

I'd love to see a conventional ruck/forward setup next week for once this year with players in positions they are suited to!

R: McEvoy

HF: Siposs, Riewoldt, TDL/Saad
F: Milne, Koschitzke, Stanley

That forward line would seriously stretch the opposition for height (either Kosi or Stanley will have a mis-match), contains genuine goal-kickers and the ruck situation is perfectly balanced; McEvoy number one, Stanley second ruck and Kosi as backup in case of injuries. If only we could get Schneids in as the second small it would be excellent.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Munga wrote:Unreal. You can't bag the guy, he gives 100% then rips his hammy.
+1

Very poor form from those in the media that ridiculed his chase and especially poor form from so called Saints supporters

He didn't trip or clip heels with anyone as one of the Foxtel commentators said immediately afterwards. I watched the replay and slowed it down and I thought at the time that Maister knew MacKenzie was getting away and his only option was to dive and try and bring him down.

Didn't realise that he did a hammy in the process, but that shows how desperate Beau was to impact the contest. Maister actually lunged and that's when it happened. Glad if Kos get's his opportunity to play 200 and I reckon Beau ads depth to the team and I reckon Beau deserves another year.

#gosaintas
Club Player

I hope we give beau another year. I reckon he can still be a really good full forward for us and he is a real competitor.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
+1

Very poor form from those in the media that ridiculed his chase and especially poor form from so called Saints supporters

He didn't trip or clip heels with anyone as one of the Foxtel commentators said immediately afterwards. I watched the replay and slowed it down and I thought at the time that Maister knew MacKenzie was getting away and his only option was to dive and try and bring him down.

Didn't realise that he did a hammy in the process, but that shows how desperate Beau was to impact the contest. Maister actually lunged and that's when it happened. Glad if Kos get's his opportunity to play 200 and I reckon Beau ads depth to the team and I reckon Beau deserves another year.

He's full forward and was chasing deep into fullback - awesome effort from the big Beau. He was great in that game I can't see why we would get rid of him when he has done enough to keep his spot. People stamped his papers after one game and doesn't matter what he does they whinge.

spot on
Club Player

Need to keep him next year, thought he was really good last week. Bit of luck I think his best footy is still ahead of him

spert
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Scollop wrote:
+1

He's full forward and was chasing deep into fullback - awesome effort from the big Beau. He was great in that game I can't see why we would get rid of him when he has done enough to keep his spot. People stamped his papers after one game and doesn't matter what he does they whinge.
Poor form to have a big forward chasing deep into the backline- where's the midfield and half backs...another coaching issue to get this right. Maister is doing OK and would do a lot better if those up the ground didn't kick over his head when he is a forward target.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

He is very average at best is our Beau but gives it a crack like Blake.

Looks a lot like Warnie also!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Shame because he goes well against Melbourne. How has Kosi been traveling at Sandy? I hope he makes 200 as well. Is Schneider in the mix or is he still injured? We have really missed him this year.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.