Team Selection is atrocious

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team Selection is atrocious

Jones last game was awful. He got absolutely destroyed and his moniker of best lock down tagger in the game is long gone. His decision making and disposal are beyond poor. He would be ok if he was still restricting a midfielder from the opposition but he isnt.

Maister has done an excellent impression of a statue of the Invisible Woman since he came back from injury.

Neither played in the VFL last week so if someone ANYONE can justify why they have been selected I would love to know. Watters says players will be selected based on form and will be putting games into the kids and then he picks those 2? Sense.....it makes none.

TDL at least has form behind him. He has been killing it at VFL level.

It took way to long to drop Saad. The guy has been so far out of form for at least a month. I think he has huge upside and can be a great long term player but right now he is not playing well and needs to go back and find touch at Sandy. Siposs to a lesser extent is out of form and a run in the VFL will be good for him too. However I dont think Watters has worked out quite where to play Siposs so that isnt helping him.

IMHO this is the worst selection all year. Either we are tanking, Watters plays favourites, Watters litterally has no idea or InvisiBeau and Jones have pictures of Watters fornicating with a goat. At the end of the day White and Lee will be the future of the forward line. We should be playing them as much as possible. There is plenty of leadership there to help them along. Jones cannot offer less than Ledger, Dunnell, Saunders or Murdoch as a midfielder and I doubt he will be on the list next year so whats the point in stuffing games into him?

Pure and simple the selection is an absolute joke

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
MadSaintFan
Club Player

100% correct Hurricane

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Agree to a point Hurricane, though I think there is real merit in the suggestion that White & Lee just aren't ready. White just doesn't have the fitness base & Lee has the body of a 9 year old girl… if they need to be 'managed' and that means not playing much this year, then so be it.

I do want to see them too though…