Jackson Ferguson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

older saint
SS Life Member

Re: Jackson Ferguson

The other thing to consider with Fergusson is what would it do for him to play this week and have Kennedy or Darling rip him a new one again, as opposed to perhaps the week after the bye when we play Melbourne? We were not going to beat North and realise what Blake can do , and obviously Simpkins is not doing what is required .He came through the scholarship program and will take time as AFL not first choice sport. Seen enough to think he will be retained and the gaping hole we have in this area only to get bigger next year with Blake gone he should stay.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Old Mate wrote:Judging by Ferg's Sandy form and his game against the Roos he clearly wasn't ready for senior footy. It was unfair on Ferg to put him in a position where his confidence wwould be shattered. He wasn't ready and we weren't left in a position where we had no other choice but to play him. Blake and Simpkin were both available. Just another strange call by the coach at the team selection table. And if we are giving up opinions on Ferg I reckon he won't make it. I hope I'm wrong.
As you know, you are one of the few on here whose opinion I actually take notice of. And what you have said is exactly how I am considering the situation. Cheers for the input.

As for Plugger, I will bite. I've seen him at training about a dozen times, and you can repeat that figure in a game situation in preseason, Sandy, intraclub and also on the weekend. So yes, too early to make a reasonable judgement, but I will go by my gut and what I have seen and he hasn't shown me anything to say he will make it. Sure, Joey didn't show a great deal early on due to being a little kid but even in Joey's first match you could tell he had something, so you've thought I based it on seeing him just then, whatever mate I shouldn't have to justify an opinion to you...

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
Old Mate wrote:Judging by Ferg's Sandy form and his game against the Roos he clearly wasn't ready for senior footy. It was unfair on Ferg to put him in a position where his confidence wwould be shattered. He wasn't ready and we weren't left in a position where we had no other choice but to play him. Blake and Simpkin were both available. Just another strange call by the coach at the team selection table. And if we are giving up opinions on Ferg I reckon he won't make it. I hope I'm wrong.
As you know, you are one of the few on here whose opinion I actually take notice of. And what you have said is exactly how I am considering the situation. Cheers for the input.

As for Plugger, I will bite. I've seen him at training about a dozen times, and you can repeat that figure in a game situation in preseason, Sandy, intraclub and also on the weekend. So yes, too early to make a reasonable judgement, but I will go by my gut and what I have seen and he hasn't shown me anything to say he will make it. Sure, Joey didn't show a great deal early on due to being a little kid but even in Joey's first match you could tell he had something, so you've thought I based it on seeing him just then, whatever mate I shouldn't have to justify an opinion to you...

Im sorry that i dont like people saying I hope he goes to GWS. Fancy sticking up for him after a half a game where the side was smashed in the middle. i have seen him ptrobably 15 times at sandy and he can play IMO. And you must have a good memory if you can remember joeys first game and those 2 possessions and think he could play after those things he did.

PJ
SS Life Member

So was it Watter's fault that Ferg had an ordinary game or no hang on it was his teammate's fault? If someone has a crap game your not allowed to say so or else your a poor supporter. Typical attitude of today - no one is responsible for anything, make up excuses for them and don't even think about any criticism because it might make them feel bad. Yep

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:So was it Watter's fault that Ferg had an ordinary game or no hang on it was his teammate's fault? If someone has a crap game your not allowed to say so or else your a poor supporter. Typical attitude of today - no one is responsible for anything, make up excuses for them and don't even think about any criticism because it might make them feel bad. Yep

If you are writing to me i dont understand your point. Ferg was no good but there was reasons and the main one was the mids were smashed and the other thing is you can say he was poor but i cant handle someone saying I hope he goes to GWS after a half of footy.

PJ
SS Life Member

I'm not posting to you specifically but the general "it wasn't his fault" feel going around. Of course it's his fault if he had a stinker - poor selection as well IMO and yes there were plenty of factors that contributed. Sell him to GWS is whole other debate and that would depend on what was on offer not his form.

PJ
SS Life Member

also the crap argument that you shouldn't drop him because it might make him lose confidence. Following that argument you should just play people to make them feel good or to get them to milestones.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
St Ick wrote:

Im sorry that i dont like people saying I hope he goes to GWS. Fancy sticking up for him after a half a game where the side was smashed in the middle. i have seen him ptrobably 15 times at sandy and he can play IMO. And you must have a good memory if you can remember joeys first game and those 2 possessions and think he could play after those things he did.
I actually do remember Joeys first few games, as I had a friend who was seeing him at the time, so kept a close eye on him early days. You are full of assumptions mate.

So now it is you don't like people saying they hope he goes to GWS, fair enough, you should've just said son- its not a very nice thing to wish one of your players would go to a different club - so I understand your point - I guess I just see him as a player who we have excess #s of and a different club is said to be keen on him. So you think he can play, I think he has a very very long way to go to make it to AFL standard - thats cool, both just opinions bud.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

i actually think the boy can play.....i saw something in him.....i guess the club must agree with me too...... :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.