One positive of today..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Re: One positive of today..

Best positives:
Webster has what it takes for the next step, Stanley will play as a forward, Newnes improving nicely, Roo is a champion.

Negatives:
Armo is plodding, Steven is inconsistent, Ross and Siposs need to go back to the VFL, Fisher's body language not good, no evidence of strong, disciplined coaching, Saad a failed experiment, Sandy got beaten by 10 goals.

mildurasaint
Club Player

Didn't mind Stanley as a defender but wasn't hurting teams. Can be more damaging as a forward. Was worth an extended run at full back but agree should go forward again. Hickey was recruited because we didn't have any backup rucks last year and we went back to Blake rucking at one stage which wasn't ideal. Agree also that Dal Santo looked comfortable behind the ball.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Bring in Lee for Siposs next week.

Saad has been struggling for a while and not just this week. Needs to be sent back to find touch.

But reserves were poor, and Curren cannot be elevated now?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Freebird
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Sobraz wrote:absolutely...

the FB experiment ends today..

Well that also makes the Hickey drafting a complete waste. Not saying Stanley playing forward is wrong but they cant play together as we have always known Ben cant play forward.

Hickey was never a top end draft talent..big mistake

The reason we're in this mess is because we give away early draft picks cheaply...not to mention later picks for fringe

saintjake
Club Player

spert wrote:Best positives:
Webster has what it takes for the next step, Stanley will play as a forward, Newnes improving nicely, Roo is a champion.

Negatives:
Armo is plodding, Steven is inconsistent, Ross and Siposs need to go back to the VFL, Fisher's body language not good, no evidence of strong, disciplined coaching, Saad a failed experiment, Sandy got beaten by 10 goals.
Seb Ross has one poor game and gets dropped?
Come on mate, easily deserves to keep playing

maverick
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Hmmm

Did someone go against popular opinion with this, but was scoffed at as per usual, because Stanley was the next Fletcher?!

Did someone also argue about the poor trade with Hickey, as we used a FRP on a player who really is surplus unless we get rid of Ben?!
OMG that made me laugh, never thought I would today.
I suppose you think the Liibs might win the election and Christmas might fall on the 25th this year as well.

spert
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:
spert wrote:Best positives:

Negatives:
Seb Ross has one poor game and gets dropped?
Come on mate, easily deserves to keep playing
I think he is a long way off and hasn't really done much to make me think he can take the next step, although I'm all for playing the young fellas

gringo
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:I'm not sure that SK is seeing through one eye so much as you defending Ben who's been poor for most of the year. Ben's strengths, in his around the ground marking, is diminishing quickly and he is fast becoming a liability. He is currently no better than Hickey and that is saying something. Should be dropped until he finds form.

spot on- deflecting from his own love child.

Another positive despite nearly breaking a spine was Wright he moves like a turbo charged panther and is going to be incredible. He works well off the ball and is super accountable.

Oh and the big Dyldo Roberton, just a machine- we would have been smashed by another 10 goals with out him. The article that said he was told to talk seems to have worked. He is constantly telling the disorganised backline where to get to including guys like dempster. He sees big picture from where he is and plays a leaders role. I sat on the boundary behind goals again and was the same as NAB, just a general down there.