Don't care for this game anymore

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Don't care for this game anymore

Bernard Shakey wrote:
gringo wrote:I don't understand the rules any more. I took some french people tonight and I was at a loss as to how the f*** you explain a game where the rules seem lottery like.
What is f*** french for?

I think it means a northern regional soft cheese?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
gringo wrote:I don't understand the rules any more. I took some french people tonight and I was at a loss as to how the f*** you explain a game where the rules seem lottery like.
What is f*** french for?

I think it means a northern regional soft cheese?
Very tasty. Goes well with a nice Bordeaux!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
What is f*** french for?
"Budget love......budget.."

“Yeah….nah””
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

The umpires never miss a sentimental favourite and we weren't that against the Bulldogs, who'd won two of their past 20. We were crap, but might have still pinched it given a half decent run

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
What is f*** french for?
"Budget love......budget.."
Saw her on Sandy beach last year and she actually does talk like that.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

mullet wrote:PS add to that the unfair fixture, uneven salary caps, and concessions to the "new" teams, the AFL is a contrived business

You forgot Kurt Tippett getting his wishes agreed to by manipulating the draft system and getting away with it.
That that became my line in the sand for the game is stuffed

And don't start me on the $100 million black hole devoted to GWS.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Love footy. Love our club. Expect more of these threads for at least 4 or more years. Its always someone elses fault. Umpiring ordinary in the second half. Didnt see the first half. Saints pathetic in the second half didnt see the first half. Coaching no good in the second half. We are a poor side so we all of a sudden think we are getting robbed and the game is no good. Well I love Aussie rules whether it local or AFL footy and i love my local club and the Saints.

The AFL may do many thins we dont like but we didnt lose last night because of GWS, Salary cap concessions, Fixtures and they like. We lost because we are a team starting a long painful rebuild and you love the club you will realise there will be so much pain for a few years but we all need to stay on board.
Last edited by plugger66 on Sun 26 May 2013 10:24am, edited 1 time in total.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Umpiring was its usual laughable standard last night, however could be used as an excuse if we were playing a top eight team.

Playing the Bulldogs who are really really poor, just shows the level to where we have plummeted is such a short period of time.

Really there is no excuse last night. A terrible standard by our team.

terrible.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Love footy. Love our club. Expect more of these threads for at least 4 or 4 more years. Its always someone elses fault. Umpiring ordinary in the second half. Didnt see the first half. Saints pathetic in the second half didnt see the first half. Coaching no good in the second half. We are a poor side so we all of a sudden think we are getting robbed and the game is no good. Well I love Aussie rules whether it local or AFL footy and i love my local club and the Saints.

The AFL may do many thins we dont like but we didnt lose last night because of GWS, Salary cap concessions, Fixtures and they like. We lost because we are a team starting a long painful rebuild and you love the club you will realise there will be so much pain for a few years but we all need to stay on board.

Yes - no use gettign upset, because if you do, you will be upset for the next three to four years I think. We are gone for a quite a while and will have many more sub standard games like last night.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
The Craw
Club Player

To me, watching the game is like watching Rugby union from a rules perspective. I love the specticle but when I see a penalty given, which I have no idea what its for ..... its like yeh ok.

Footy now is the same. I see free kicks given, I no longer understand what it is for and its like yeh ok !

Sad really. Once apon a time I could explain or justify a free kick given. Now it is a lottery. It is ruining the game IMHO.

No excuses for the loss last night, just plain confusion on how the game is now adjudicated.

Not Craw, CRAW!
Saints43
Club Player

Those 4.40 games always have the C-List umpires.
And I thought, apart from the first quarter we got a pretty good run out of them.
But, as others have said, I'd be more worried about our players than the umpires.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Love footy. Love our club. Expect more of these threads for at least 4 or more years. Its always someone elses fault. Umpiring ordinary in the second half. Didnt see the first half. Saints pathetic in the second half didnt see the first half. Coaching no good in the second half. We are a poor side so we all of a sudden think we are getting robbed and the game is no good. Well I love Aussie rules whether it local or AFL footy and i love my local club and the Saints.

I agree with your quote in a general sense P66, in the heat of a match & the moment, umpire decisions that don't go our way feel more than what they are, simply poor decisions. But I understand the frustration and the sense of the OP and author. The game of AFL is not what the majority of us grew to love, it is no longer in the form that captivated us. I was with Bulldog mates last night and we all agreed we could not hold the umpires at fault, what they have to rule on and adjudicate upon is becoming more and more blurred and confusing, this is not their fault but incredibly frustrating for spectators.

The rule changes, the fixturing, the draft concessions, the inequities of the salary cap, the expansion clubs, the political speak and spin doctoring by Demetriou and his cronies to justify and deflect to appease their profit margins, bonuses and sponsors are quickly losing the interest of this 40 year follower of Australian Rules football at the highest level.

defacto
Club Player

the thing i hate about our game now is where it is going. look at the ladder its no surprise that the poorer clubs in the comp occupy the last 6 spots on the ladder. only port and sydney sit outside of this.

its obvious that the AFL is turning into the EPL

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:the thing i hate about our game now is where it is going. look at the ladder its no surprise that the poorer clubs in the comp occupy the last 6 spots on the ladder. only port and sydney sit outside of this.

its obvious that the AFL is turning into the EPL

Geelong were a poorer club till they started winning flags. Hawthorn were a very poor club and nearly merged until they got a great president. Essendon who are a rich club havent won a flag in 13 years. Carlton even longer. Port and Sydney have won 3 flags in the last 9 years.