Filth adds to indigeneous Round

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Filth adds to indigeneous Round

Enrico_Misso wrote:Goodes was perfectly entitled to point out the lone "lady" with the offensive comment to an official for them to take action.

But bursting into tears - spare me!

Winmar and Gilly got together and kicked arse on the Pies to show them. Goodes came with his A game and rose to the occasion and was in celebration mode,would have been massively disappointed that it happen. Eddie actually made a fair point. She is obviously young and dumb and probably will be crucified by social media. Not going to do anyone any good.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Eddie in damage control. Only another 999,999 morons to educate. Good luck Ed.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Sobraz
SS Life Member

As much as I can't stand him, thought Eddie was terrific in that impromptu post match interview.. Good on him..

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Yep, well handled by Maguire. If the girl in question is a young teenager, then it needs to be handled carefully. Facebook, twitter etc...she could end up being very battered. Needs to be educated, not bashed. Thought Maguire was genuine about it and spoke well.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:As much as I can't stand him, thought Eddie was terrific in that impromptu post match interview.. Good on him..
What's he gonna say? It's called PR.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Enrico_Misso wrote:Goodes was perfectly entitled to point out the lone "lady" with the offensive comment to an official for them to take action.

My appoligies folks, I was trying to say what Enrico said, that the bursting into tears was a bit over the top. It was not my intention to condone racism.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The girl is 14. She has obviously been brought up wrong. it has nothing to do with the side she follows. I have heard every clubs supporters be racist. She needs to be looked after as she obviously has issues in her up bringing. I know we wont to blame the pies but i would back Ed in trying to make sure they dont have supporters like that. I also think Goodes had the right to complain but probably then realised how young she was so he was upset. All it shows is some people, no matter who they follow, have a long way to go.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:The girl is 14. She has obviously been brought up wrong. it has nothing to do with the side she follows. I have heard every clubs supporters be racist. She needs to be looked after as she obviously has issues in her up bringing. I know we wont to blame the pies but i would back Ed in trying to make sure they dont have supporters like that. I also think Goodes had the right to complain but probably then realised how young she was so he was upset. All it shows is some people, no matter who they follow, have a long way to go.

Spot on P66.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote:

My appoligies folks, I was trying to say what Enrico said, that the bursting into tears was a bit over the top. It was not my intention to condone racism.
Really? That's not how it came across...not even remotely.

Your attempt at an apology disgusts me. You're implicitly condoning it by saying that Goodes' reaction was over the top. Who the hell are you to say what over the top is?
Last edited by SaintPav on Sat 25 May 2013 12:17am, edited 1 time in total.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

It's probably worse that it has come from someone young. They're not some silly old fart that hasn't changed with the times. This is a kid growing up in a system that hasn't worked. Need to look at her parents, friends and schooling and find out wtf went wrong and how to improve.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Sobraz wrote:As much as I can't stand him, thought Eddie was terrific in that impromptu post match interview.. Good on him..
What's he gonna say? It's called PR.
Sure was, but he did it superbly, and was absolutely correct in what he said.
And I'm not a big fan of fat ed.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

A young woman makes a stupid comment !
The afl and police will deal with her appropiately .
Unfortunately the hard core feral collingwood fans get away with abuse each week , I'm sure a sound recording from there cheer squad tonight would contain many variations of the words Black , C@#$ , F#$@ , N@#$$%, Mother , Faggot , Etc .....

In red white and black from 73
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:The girl is 14. She has obviously been brought up wrong. it has nothing to do with the side she follows. I have heard every clubs supporters be racist. She needs to be looked after as she obviously has issues in her up bringing. I know we wont to blame the pies but i would back Ed in trying to make sure they dont have supporters like that. I also think Goodes had the right to complain but probably then realised how young she was so he was upset. All it shows is some people, no matter who they follow, have a long way to go.
well said

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso wrote:Well done Eddie going down to the rooms to apologise.
Just like he did when his coach publicly vilified one of our players as a rapist.
???

Forgive my ignorance

Did that really happen?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:What did the girl say?

I think it was "black c***".
Regardless of what she said, if it was racist, she should be banned for the rest of the season and named and shamed.

COllingwood supporters last season, again this season, in the Indigeneous Round at that, especially with Goodes playing a blinder.

Good on you Adam Goodes, the idiot woman looked like she was going to s.hit herself when Goodes had a go and then security got her.

Fcuking coward.
Hey JB a couple of things...I don't think racism is just a Collingwood thing. I think you know that but you are obviously hyped in the moment and also the kid is 14 years old and so when the dust settles on this we will all have learned something. Lets take a Valium and discuss this calmly tomorrow and beyond.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
well said
Indeed.

Johnny Favier
Club Player

st.byron wrote:Yep, well handled by Maguire. If the girl in question is a young teenager, then it needs to be handled carefully. Facebook, twitter etc...she could end up being very battered. Needs to be educated, not bashed. Thought Maguire was genuine about it and spoke well.
Very good point. We have to be careful of going too much over the top on the girl. We've all been guilty of saying dumb things when we're young.

It is a disgusting thing she said of course, but lets not push a foolish young girl to the point where she may become suicidal.

Education is the key.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

bloody shocking that filth fan drops a comment like that... really dont understand racism, we are all people. we all care for and want the same things.

I hope she gets banned for good... Troy your comment shows little understanding for what has happened here... sad to hear a comment like that out of a sainter. Nicky has forever showed that our club was connected to a stand aganist this bull s***.

wish the AFL would really hammer these idiots that do this... been a bit of it in the last 4 weeks. time it stops.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Johnny Favier wrote:.
Very good point. We have to be careful of going too much over the top on the girl.
It is a disgusting thing she said of course, but lets not push a foolish young girl to the point where she may become suicidal.
[/quote]

i agree to a degree but i feel she needs a book slammed into her so she really learns her lesson...

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Johnny Favier
Club Player

ShanghaiSaint wrote:
Johnny Favier wrote:.
Very good point. We have to be careful of going too much over the top on the girl.
i agree to a degree but i feel she needs a book slammed into her so she really learns her lesson...[/quote]

...And I'm pretty sure they will make an example of her, particularly with this being the indigenous round.

But you have to wonder what kind of upbringing kids like this have, to come out with something so vile at such a young age.

When you look at how some parents carry on at the footy, you have to feel that the poor kids don't really stand a chance right from day one. It's not right.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Was it "borderline racist" Ed?

Can't abide that guy.

Was racist himself not so long back, got off too light at the time

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Just out of interest, did Nicky and Gilly ever get an apology from Collingwood FC?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

What right do TV networks have filming members of the public up close without their authorization?

Isn't this a privacy issue?

It seems that anyone sitting near the boundary that gets animated is fair game for a close up TV shot and possible humiliation by the public but worse by those the person knows.

Will someone's employment be effected due to them being caught on camera doing something perfectally legal but not "a good look" like yelling (non racially/sexist etc) at a player???

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Pretty well said.
What is also important to remember is that racism is a learned behaviour. It is not natural behaviour for humans to judge based on race. Watch young kids play together. They have no problem playing with kids of any colour and heritage. It is only when their parents get involved that their behaviour changes.
The fact that this girl is only 14 is a positive because she can learn from this and change her ways.
She will have learned a very hard and public lesson tonight and that will be very hard for someone so young to deal with...and often that is the best trigger for learning.
There is no condoning her actions but she looked genuinely upset when she was being ejected.
Collingwood should now work with and support her in changing her actions.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
Pretty well said.
What is also important to remember is that racism is a learned behaviour. It is not natural behaviour for humans to judge based on race. Watch young kids play together. They have no problem playing with kids of any colour and heritage. It is only when their parents get involved that their behaviour changes.
The fact that this girl is only 14 is a positive because she can learn from this and change her ways.
She will have learned a very hard and public lesson tonight and that will be very hard for someone so young to deal with...and often that is the best trigger for learning.
There is no condoning her actions but she looked genuinely upset when she was being ejected.
Collingwood should now work with and support her in changing her actions.
From what I hear she has been offered life membership and presidency of the Collingwood Cheer Squad.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.