What we learnt vs Collingwood

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: What we learnt vs Collingwood

SaintPav wrote:that we can't control the footy and tempo of the game like we used to. How many more posessions did they have than us? 80?

When we pressured they chipped it around about 10 000 times though.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:We learnt Roo is in career best form and has massive ticker when the team he down. Hes an uphill skiier.

I thought siposs did pretty well. Presented and was in the play.

Saadys second years blues are getting deeper. Needs a circuit breaker.

Milne always gets monstered and psyched out by the pies players and fans.

roberton awesome. nate wright awesome.
Agree with this, in addition Gilbert was awesome - has me eating my words. Jacks first half was incredible, but needs help and got a lot of second half attention. Mac is seriously underrated.

Good signs or should i say glimpses from Newnes, Saunders (awesome in close) and Ross (Harvey like accuracy with his short kicks). I must say Murdoch wasn't even sighted in the first three quarters, needs to be dropped! :wink:

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Middo
Club Player

We learnt that Clint Jones should not tag again and be sent back to Sandy....would rather play a another young midfielder like Ledger or give Curren a chance. Pendles close to BOG ....

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

We learnt that Pendlebury and Thomas are significantly better footballers than Nick Dal Santo at present.

3 x his output for the night (and they are on the same wage).

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote: Kosi is dumb

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
SuperDuper
Club Player

why not Ray on Penddlebury? Seems a much better match up than Jones. Ray has done well in such roles last season

stevie
Saintsational Legend

No one has mentioned the elephant in the room - Fisher.

Totally out of sorts. Looks slow.

Very proud of the boys last night. We had all the momentum until Roo missed that shot that would have made it 8 Pts with ten to go. But no finger pointing from me.

Not sure about Stanley. He gets to the contest with the fwds but doesn't have the strength yet.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
The Fireman wrote:That their supporters are the most ugly cretins in the league.....that fat blonde slag giving it to Milne....a fair representation.
....she was calling milney a wanker, but i bet she has more than the odd vibrator in her naughty drawer...'cause no man of sane mind would give her one......but then i'm talking about filth supporters...and not many of them are sane.... :wink: :wink: :wink:
Was that THING a woman???.....Holy Sh!t!!!

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Furphy
Club Player

I learned we could have delisted a few more players & found room in our salary cap to keep BJ

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Again "the effort was there," which is what I look for at this stage. The younger guys tired badly in the last quarter and need another year/pre-season to improve.

Pendlebury is pure skill and Thomas's gut-running amazed me - his hard running got him clear as he put himself into good positions time and again.

Why didn't Dal do the same thing to break his heavy tag - or at least try.

oh when the
Club Player

Four unanswered goals Two goals before half time and two goals at the start of
Third qtr was what cost us dearly.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Fazer wrote:Our clearance work in at the centre bounce was better tonight, but could still get better. When was the last time we broke frome a centre clearance and kicked a goal???
last week against the swans

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

SuperDuper wrote:why not Ray on Penddlebury? Seems a much better match up than Jones. Ray has done well in such roles last season
that was what I thought earlier in the week, unfortunately seems as is if his papers are marked

I like him as he can play every line on the ground and can play tall or short

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:unfortunately seems as is if his (Ray's) papers are marked

Yes, it makes you wonder. He was close to best on ground for Sandringham last weekend.

He's played a lot of good senior football for us and surely, at this stage, offers more than Murdoch (for example) or Saunders.

I'm all for giving the kids a chance, but what you don't want is players who can do better languishing in the reserves.

That eats away at the essence of selection, which is picking your best possible team.

It's not as if he's a veteran. What is he? Twenty-six? In his prime as a footballer.