BJ

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

always_a_saint
Club Player

Re: BJ

I could be wrong but it looked like fisher completely ignored Goddard when he went to shake his hand at the end...did anyone else see that? Looked like Goddard kept trying to talk to him and fisher gave him donuts. Perhaps part of why he was so upset?

will always be a saint...no matter what.

bring home that premiership boys
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:He didn't just leave for the money
No he left to have golf dates with Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

he has been the mouthpiece for EFC since going there, and all their cheating ways emerged. Has been made to earn his $800000 by diverting attention away from the enquiry.
Seriously, did we need to see his comments on players for both teams interjected into the telecast. Essendon loved the fact that they were playing us this week, as it was a diversion from everything else. Goddard v his old club. And like so many have said about Bj he doesnt like the close attention, seems like he cant take it off the ground either.

He doesnt care about STKFC , he had just had a hard week, deflecting crap

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:
millarsaint wrote:he is irrelevant. move on. no interest in opposition players. he won't be crying when he sings their song.
Yeah, he was actually. And had to be consoled by Jobe Watson afterwards.

Seriously, just because we're playing like a team of busted arses, don't take it out on BJ - he gave his all for this club, not 1% less.

We all know the circumstances of his departure. He probably wants to play in a flag, too.

Fair dinkum, the blokes LOVES St Kilda. He'll always be one of us.

And I dare say he's given so much more than anyone of us in the stands.
I agree with you and I was one that was filthy when he left.

He genuinely loves the club and those aint crocodile tears.

Considering him and Lenny nearly dragged us over the line in a GF, he should be remembered as the gun he was.

The bloke left for an extra 250k and good on him, emotions still rule the head though.

Im a little shocked at what I saw there...

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:He genuinely loves the club and those aint crocodile tears.
They definitely weren't. They were those really, really painful tears - you could hear him trying to back away from speaking and choking up.

We don't always do a good job with our champions at St Kilda.

Lockett left.
Stewart left.
Winmar left.
Ball left.
Even Harvey has left us in a huff.

Fair dinkum, I'd have a hard time saying I did more than any of them.

When BJ retires, the first thing I'd do is hire him as the club's skills coach - and maybe he can teach our next generation how to kick a footy.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Spud02
Club Player

If he cared so much about the club, he would still playing there on pretty good coin. Left for the extra $$$ so good riddance, he's the enemy now

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:He genuinely loves the club and those aint crocodile tears.
They definitely weren't. They were those really, really painful tears - you could hear him trying to back away from speaking and choking up.

We don't always do a good job with our champions at St Kilda.

Lockett left.
Stewart left.
Winmar left.
Ball left.
Even Harvey has left us in a huff.

Fair dinkum, I'd have a hard time saying I did more than any of them.

When BJ retires, the first thing I'd do is hire him as the club's skills coach - and maybe he can teach our next generation how to kick a footy.
It actually makes me sad to see him playing in another jersey.

Why don't we do a good job with our champs?

Is this the messiah complex returning and then completely moving against it when $$ and push comes to shove?

Who is going to take Roo's extra 500k? Pfft...nobody that I can think of out of the youngens at this stage

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Loved his passion

Seen it before

It brings with it breathtaking moments, temper tantrums, highs, lows

I wish we were still the beneficiaries of it, wish we'd done more as a club to keep him

An extra year, wasn't worth the "stand" or offending him in the process
Last edited by SainterK on Sat 20 Apr 2013 9:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Goddard just gained a little more admiration from me. Clearly he was torn with the decision, and his future (including that beyond football) came into play when he chose to leave us. The full stop however comes when you still see a player like Lenny still digging deep for the club he holds dearest to his heart. Clearly Goddard isn't like Hayes, but perhaps his passion for the club wasn't too far behind. I admired what he said, it's lessened the blow a tad.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

always_a_saint wrote:I could be wrong but it looked like fisher completely ignored Goddard when he went to shake his hand at the end...did anyone else see that? Looked like Goddard kept trying to talk to him and fisher gave him donuts. Perhaps part of why he was so upset?
I saw it the same as you. Fisher shook #9 from Essendons hand, the Essendon player looked like he wanted to engage in a conversation and Fisher completely ignored him !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Oh spare me.

You reap what you sow.

Would you have really given him four years on his 2012 form?

Give it six months and he wont give a rats arse about St.Kilda.

Will be too busy counting his money.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Will he last 4 years with his hip & knee? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

noob
Club Player

I reckon he'll play another 6-7 years. Another Father & Son for Essendon?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

3 years and a 4th with terms, what's the risk if he had targets to reach?

He reaches them, we'd have had BJ playing good footy, he didn't and he earns considerably less.

As I said, heard we wouldn't even sit down to discuss it. Why not? Least make him feel like we valued him.

It's called talking, club should of tried, and not offended him to the point that no resolution was achievable

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Lost further respect for goddard at end of game............he shook hands with a few ......bit of a hug with a couple......

Fisher shook his hand but no emotional embrace....................Goodard through his arms out and appeared to whinge about the cold shoulder from Fisher WHAT DID HE EXPECT

was like a child throwing the toy out of the cot

Even if fish had a crack....surely BJ would have realised and just left the area

He left us because he saw what was coming.........

DOG ACT

I would understand better if it was an offer to big to refuse like Ablett

Walked away when it was going to be a bit tough

saint4life
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Do you know that as fact chook23, how and why he left?

Dog Act is a bit emotive.

Walked away because a guy at the place 5 minutes, decided to play hardball and we lost.

BJ's done way more to win a flag for St Kilda than Pelchen, and some newbie will have to earn that respect from me, it's not just given

evo
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Do you know that as fact chook23, how and why he left?

Dog Act is a bit emotive.

Walked away because a guy at the place 5 minutes, decided to play hardball and we lost.

BJ's done way more to win a flag for St Kilda than Pelchen, and some newbie will have to earn that respect from me, it's not just given
Exactly :roll:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Might be something to do with the Sam Fisher snub.

Anyway - makes the Saints look good if anything...

I find it difficult to make a call or moral judgement without knowing the real details of the contract negotiations... I mean maybe he left for cash but maybe Pelchen and Bains gave him no love at all and forced his hand. I just dont know.

From a pure footy point of view - he wasnt going to be around for our next tilt at a flag which is minimum 4 years off - so we just need to make EVERY recruitment/development post a winner from now on.

Id say finding out about the peptide thing after hed committed to 4 years to a club he seriously thought were going to win a flag must have really shaken him up these last few months. Huge emotional shock id say.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

always_a_saint wrote:I could be wrong but it looked like fisher completely ignored Goddard when he went to shake his hand at the end...did anyone else see that? Looked like Goddard kept trying to talk to him and fisher gave him donuts. Perhaps part of why he was so upset?
They shook hands..............he did not ignore him

he just did not embrace him..........

BJ then spat the dummy and threw his arms around like a spoilt brat

saint4life
ljpoyz
Club Player

He cried because fisher told him to beat it

mullet
Saintsational Legend

The whole contract thing has been done to death.

Just cant accept that a few tears tonight means he loves the STKFC. Roo copped so much crap for crying on the bench when he did his shoulder all those years ago. God he copped it for years from opposition supporters.

I just dont believe that BJ is a "star" or "loves the club" because he cried.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I think he was probably emotional and lost it because the whole club is under siege. It's like the Robert Johnson selling his soul on the crossroad. He's getting what he wanted but at what price. Beware the snaky man that says what you want to hear. I didn't see it I was at the game with the three other saints supporters.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I think he was probably emotional and lost it because the whole club is under siege. It's like the Robert Johnson selling his soul on the crossroad. He's getting what he wanted but at what price. Beware the snaky man that says what you want to hear. I didn't see it I was at the game with the three other saints supporters.
Exactly.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I haven't seen the footage but if he's developed a conscience-too bad. If he's looking for general absolution-too late.
Has he realise he might be the only playing for Essendon next year, that's his problem.

And if I was Essendon I'd be asking questions about his emotional demeanour.

But basically he should just go away and end up a broken old man who'll live off the glories of playing for the Saints and doing nothing for Essendon .

mullet
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:I haven't seen the footage but if he's developed a conscience-too bad. If he's looking for general absolution-too late.
Has he realise he might be the only playing for Essendon next year, that's his problem.

And if I was Essendon I'd be asking questions about his emotional demeanour.

But basically he should just go away and end up a broken old man who'll live off the glories of playing for the Saints and doing nothing for Essendon .
I agree with you ozrulestrace about how Essendon would feel about that.

He was also very vocal about having cameras in their "inner sanctum" last week.

Seen plenty of players interviewed when they have switched clubs and they havent cried. I dont think Luke Ball Cried. Just cant understand how people have taken it as "love" for our club cos he cried.