Best things out of tonight

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

noob
Club Player

Re: Best things out of tonight

joffaboy wrote:
Moorabbin Man wrote:
dragit wrote:I didn't see the game, but Lee's figures aren't terrible.

1 goal, 9 touches, 3 marks, 2 tackles

Doesn't sound too bad for a debut, easily matches Kosi's recent output.

Anything promising about his match?
Don't worry, be very excited about Lee.
Why? Didn't see much from him. Hope you are right though.

Stanley down back has been good.I was skeptical, but suprise, suprise, Watters and his staff of coaches know more than I do about football. WHo would have thought.

Loved the way Wright attacked the ball and ran hard and straight. Reminds me of a Rod Keogh the way he run, but can actually dispose of the ball unlike Rod, who could dispose of opposition players.

Roberton has not put a foot wrong.

Armo showed Sheil(a) what running to space means. Will be another Lenny

Was Dal asleep?
I thought Wright's disposal foward of the play was sloppy. Rod Keogh was good kick what are you talking about?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

noob wrote: Rod Keogh was good kick what are you talking about?
lol - you must have a very poor memory.

The joke at the time was Keogh was Gaelic for turnover :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Has Stanley and Roberton solved our defensive issues?

I love this club
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:Has Stanley and Roberton solved our defensive issues?

Not until we play our next 3 games.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The ABC commentators said Lee worked his arse off and was a reward for all the hard work when he goaled. He isn't slow- never write off a player in the first few games either. He has talent and don't forget how many said Saad and Milera were duds early on.

Milera deserves some love too- he did have some pretty fair stats despite his missed goal that saad could have kicked.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:(d) All of the above ✓
u and your ticks dr :shock:

Agree with these sentiments......let's see what happens against the danks...err bummers

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:The ABC commentators said Lee worked his arse off and was a reward for all the hard work when he goaled. He isn't slow- never write off a player in the first few games either. He has talent and don't forget how many said Saad and Milera were duds early on.
Armo is supposedly "slow" and was about 10 metres clear all night, so your point is well made. Roo is not quick, but how manty defenders have been able to go with his second, third, even forth, leads for the ball?

Willing to cut Lee some slack.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
gringo wrote:The ABC commentators said Lee worked his arse off and was a reward for all the hard work when he goaled. He isn't slow- never write off a player in the first few games either. He has talent and don't forget how many said Saad and Milera were duds early on.
Armo is supposedly "slow" and was about 10 metres clear all night, so your point is well made. Roo is not quick, but how manty defenders have been able to go with his second, third, even forth, leads for the ball?

Willing to cut Lee some slack.

I would love to play him next week but if he does then probably Blake has to as we need someone to give Ben a chop out. We certainly dont want Stanley rucking so the only other option is maister.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: I would love to play him next week but if he does then probably Blake has to as we need someone to give Ben a chop out. We certainly dont want Stanley rucking so the only other option is maister.

Dont know if he is worth a game next week. My post basically was a response to the critisism of him which i think a bit unfair at the moment.

Lance or James??

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

One of the most uninspiring, lacking in pressure, mistake ridden soft games I've watched...

There's cheap wins and

Goal for goal with that team for two quarters was disappointing ..... Defensively.

Some messy football. And 7 free kicks for front on high tackles stemmed clumsy and lazy..... Jack, if he's going to win that much footy, he needs to figure out what he's capable of, and make decisions within his limitations. He does everything a 100%
That's great, except disposal.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Good effort Saints.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Lee would have to play on fletcher next week?

kimberly saint
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Lee would have to play on fletcher next week?

perfect , gets to play on one the best backman from last decade. Could be a good learning curve and education for him. I just hope people dont get carried away with the win, monday gone was all about getting time into our next lot players coming threw and rebuilding.

noob
Club Player

Hope he does better than tommy lynch did!

saintly
Saintsational Legend

noob wrote:Hope he does better than tommy lynch did!
well he has already done better then what tommy lynch did in his first game. Never mind the fact that Ross put him in the forward line against essendon and he got toweld up (when he had been playing in the back line at sandy most of the year.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I hope we take very little out of that game.... It was barely competitive...

I'd have been disappointed with anything less... To be honest, I was entirely satisfied with half of that game!

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Looks like Hayes, Dal Santo, Milne, and Montagna haven't quite got into top gear yet. Things still look a little loose out there defensively, but
I think it can improve enormously. Unfortunately, still leaking the occasional cheap goal, which has cost us so far in our games.

linz
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:I didn't see the game, but Lee's figures aren't terrible.

1 goal, 9 touches, 3 marks, 2 tackles

Doesn't sound too bad for a debut, easily matches Kosi's recent output.

Anything promising about his match?

He was fair at best. Its either Lee or Hicket next week and then it becomes Blake or Simpkin.
i'd drop blakey & keep the younguns in

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:Looks like Hayes, Dal Santo, Milne, and Montagna haven't quite got into top gear yet. Things still look a little loose out there defensively, but
I think it can improve enormously. Unfortunately, still leaking the occasional cheap goal, which has cost us so far in our games.
I reckon Montagna is tracking pretty well, 57 touches, 11 tackles in his 2 games.

PJ
SS Life Member

Disagree that Lee didn't show anything. Has good hands, clean kicking skills and awareness in the forward line but with Maister and Roo as key targets it'll take time for the rest of the team to be aware of him.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Yeah tough on Joey was good in his nab games and probably the best of the old boys in 2013

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Its either Lee or Hicket next week and then it becomes Blake or Simpkin.
I thought Blake wasn't great again so it'd be good to get him out and Simpkin in, but then Hickey has to come in to spell Big Mac in the ruck. Especially if Ryder plays because Hickey could give him a reasonable contest. And then Hickey has to play forward the rest of the time so you just can't fit Lee in as well. I understand wanting to give him another chance though, so maybe Blake out and Maister does ten minutes or so in the ruck - but Ryder will destroy him.

Overall a pretty poor game, I wouldn't be reading too much into anything except that Wright looks like a player.

If Newnes failed a concussion test, does that mean he definitely misses next week? I suppose Siposs comes back in if he's fit.

Watts the Buzz
Club Player

I'd be extremely surprised if Ryder plays ........ you did see the Essendon v Freo game?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Watts the Buzz wrote:I'd be extremely surprised if Ryder plays ........ you did see the Essendon v Freo game?
Nope, haven't seen the incident but trying to predict the MRP's decisions is a fool's errand!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Nate Wright is a huge plus for us.

Sammy Fisher is certainly not the player he was and is on the wane but Stanley, Roberton, Simpkin and Ferguson represent a good core group to build our future backline on.