Big Macs Game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Re: Big Macs Game

Was enormous, and I am a fan...

Played at a level he will begin to reach more consistently now..

Maric is hugely overrated.. Was worst on ground last week v the blues, and was even worse tonight...

BigMac will be top 3 ruck in the comp once his career is settled and in full control of his game..

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:Agree. Our structure looked ALOT better tonight.
Just goal kicking. You cant kick 80 points and expect to win..................but I liked the response the coaches made to last weeks ruck structure disatster...any chance Hickey was played because of the old team factor??? I just can't see why else it happened?
Hickey didn't play this week because he was injured. The club invested heavily in getting him on board and I reckon we'll be seeing a lot more of him in tandem with McEvoy.

andrewg
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
Just goal kicking. You cant kick 80 points and expect to win..................but I liked the response the coaches made to last weeks ruck structure disatster...any chance Hickey was played because of the old team factor??? I just can't see why else it happened?
Hickey didn't play this week because he was injured. The club invested heavily in getting him on board and I reckon we'll be seeing a lot more of him in tandem with McEvoy.
Do you think it looked better tonight without him??

Siposstar#2
Club Player

Would Carlton take him over Kreuzer with their time again?

Formerly posted as magnifisaint 35
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Siposstar#2 wrote:Would Carlton take him over Kreuzer with their time again?
No theyd take rioli or dangerfield! No actually cotchin!
Last edited by Old Mate on Fri 05 Apr 2013 11:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
No, we lost by more than we did in round 1.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

From the opening bounce his intensity was clear....knee to the ribs and tap down the saint's throat! Well done man.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
andrewg
Club Player

Hickey didn't play this week because he was injured. The club invested heavily in getting him on board and I reckon we'll be seeing a lot more of him in tandem with McEvoy.[/quote]

Do you think it looked better tonight without him??[/quote]

No, we lost by more than we did in round 1.[/quote]

Seriously....thats your closing argument... seriously.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:Hickey didn't play this week because he was injured. The club invested heavily in getting him on board and I reckon we'll be seeing a lot more of him in tandem with McEvoy.
No, we lost by more than we did in round 1.

Seriously....thats your closing argument... seriously.

I'm saying look to the long term. I think Hickey will be a very good player down the track and McEvoy already is.

IMO the interchange cap which comes in next year will slow the game considerably and bring about more of a trend to two ruckmen.

If it's a choice of two ordinary ruckmen, I say go with just the best one and get some hack to pinch-hit.

But if you have two really good ones, I say play them both. Otherwise you are not getting your best footballers on the park, and there's no sense in that.

Sure Hickey has a way to go, but the club rates him highly enough to use a first round pick on him. And McEvoy exudes leadership and IMO will be our next captain.

Do you think the club would have invested that heavily in a player simply to be a back up if Ben is injured?

I think not.

You didn't like our structure with two dedicated ruckmen. I didn't like it last night with only one, particularly the bit where we were monstered by their tall forwards.

And you are making calls on our structure on the basis of one game ... in deplorable conditions for big men ... played with a ball so slippery that only the son of God could control it.