Season over

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Season over

saints66 wrote:
noob wrote:Missing 3 of our backman.. 2 of them all australian doesn't help.
Stop making excuses These players all get well paid to perform.. I would not not care but you want us to win a premiership. Why do you except medocrity and blame our lack of depth.
We're just supporters. What is the alternative to accepting the outcome?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote: We're just supporters. What is the alternative to accepting the outcome?
good point and again the answer is a Gin Martini.

saintbob
SS Life Member

We started last year the same way, maybe SW needs to look at the final weeks of preseason

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

It was at times very painful watching the game tonight, and some of the basic skill errors were horrific, however having said that, anyone who puts forward a case of the season being "over" (in my humble opinion) is way off the mark. Upsets happen in AFL and its now a matter of being TOUGH enough to get over a bad result, and regroup for the next game. Anyone who thinks it's "all over" can take their leave any time they like, as I still believe we're going to see a great season (NOT based on ONE game but on what I think they can achieve over a SEASON) GO SAINTS! and to hell with the rest!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saints66
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:It was at times very painful watching the game tonight, and some of the basic skill errors were horrific, however having said that, anyone who puts forward a case of the season being "over" (in my humble opinion) is way off the mark. Upsets happen in AFL and its now a matter of being TOUGH enough to get over a bad result, and regroup for the next game. Anyone who thinks it's "all over" can take their leave any time they like, as I still believe we're going to see a great season (NOT based on ONE game but on what I think they can achieve over a SEASON) GO SAINTS! and to hell with the rest!
You are correct, we will have a great season like all our seasons. We won't win a premiership this year, we won't play in the finals, we won't produce a Brownlow or a Coleman Medalist. Yes we will have a great season but not quiet as great as 1966.

saints66
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
saints66 wrote:
Stop making excuses These players all get well paid to perform.. I would not not care but you want us to win a premiership. Why do you except medocrity and blame our lack of depth.
We're just supporters. What is the alternative to accepting the outcome?
Do you think our quiet acquisence would be accepted at Collingwood or Geelong. I don't think so.

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

Painful though it is to admit after a pre-season that had me hyped, it may well be that 2013 needs to be our 'down' year, rather than just miss out on the 8 like last year. Just one year down the bottom, maybe two, then back up like a rocket.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote: We're just supporters. What is the alternative to accepting the outcome?
good point and again the answer is a Gin Martini.
OP is saying "the season's over", but the party has only started.

Why not bring back Saints Disco whilst we're at it?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
SAAD
Club Player

The round 1 PORT loss hurt last year and so does this! really was pumped to go next week to the RIchmond game with a 100% winning record...jesus christ...we need dempster and chips back asap....stick in there boys! we can do it!!! Ive had too many drinks...bring back STAN ALVES!!!!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Can they play midfield? as that is where we were pumped, and the Tiges have a pretty fair midfield.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:It was at times very painful watching the game tonight, and some of the basic skill errors were horrific, however having said that, anyone who puts forward a case of the season being "over" (in my humble opinion) is way off the mark. Upsets happen in AFL and its now a matter of being TOUGH enough to get over a bad result, and regroup for the next game. Anyone who thinks it's "all over" can take their leave any time they like, as I still believe we're going to see a great season (NOT based on ONE game but on what I think they can achieve over a SEASON) GO SAINTS! and to hell with the rest!
This has been one of the few positive posts I've seen all night.

I'm with you, mate. Giving up is for Essendon fans.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:lol: UNLIKE the Essendon football team against Adelaide :wink: :lol: Hey mate, everyone has a right to let off steam at the result. I was as pissed off as anyone at the second half display last night (ask my wife who had to put up with my language!) where I disagree with many other posters is in adopting an attitude that we are now GORN! Do I 'accept mediocrity" HELL NO! I'm just not quite sure if it's time to be speculating about who we take at pick one in next years draft! not after one game! NO WAY!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)