fisher in doubt

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: fisher in doubt

I think we should end up going with Gwilt, Gears, Roberton, Newnes with possibly Milera a bit higher up the ground but at the defensive end of the ground and Maister probably back and Lee forward.

Gold coast are going to be a better team this year and not great to lose defenders. We have lost Goddard and gram who are best 22 defensive players from the mix already so this will really stretch us.

Maisters worst effort was playing on dean Cox who would stretch most defenders let alone a forward moved back who only reaches his shoulder. we also lost other defenders that day meaning he was often caught between two players.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I know we are getting a bit desperate for defenders, but I really hope we don't see Maister down back, he's just starting to show some promise as a full forward and his games in defence were terrible last year.

Kosi should only play in place of a forward or second ruckmen, surely?

Simpkin has to come in, Roberton, Gilbert, Gwilt will have to play tall.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:I know we are getting a bit desperate for defenders, but I really hope we don't see Maister down back, he's just starting to show some promise as a full forward and his games in defence were terrible last year.

Kosi should only play in place of a forward or second ruckmen, surely?

Simpkin has to come in, Roberton, Gilbert, Gwilt will have to play tall.

I think our cupboard is a little bare at he moment and he's the only one with a big body and can take a grab. I can't remember the other defensive game he played but the WCE game wasn't all his fault he was seriously outsized and spread thin. Lever is the only senior listed player that could really play a tall defender role and he is so raw it could be ugly even with GCs lack of tall forwards of quality.

sverik25
Club Player

Maybe this is just more melodramatic journalism? I think Fisher will probably play unless it turns out he has been badly injured - the Saints need to win this match otherwise they can kiss their finals chances goodbye.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:I know we are getting a bit desperate for defenders, but I really hope we don't see Maister down back, he's just starting to show some promise as a full forward and his games in defence last year were terrible
It wouldn't be fair on him and Lee has shown only glimpses in the games so far. But we are desperate for some height down back and it may come to that.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

If Fisher doesn't play then our tall backs will be Simpkin, Blake and Gwilt. In support they'll have Geary, Gilbert, Siposs and Roberton rounding out the defence. It's not ideal but it's not a crisis either.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

errrr
cant see simpkin playing

but ya never know

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

sverik25 wrote:Maybe this is just more melodramatic journalism? I think Fisher will probably play unless it turns out he has been badly injured - the Saints need to win this match otherwise they can kiss their finals chances goodbye.
Melodramatic journalism? - i will be SURPRISED if he does play

Seeya