Prosed changes to Free Agency

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Re: Prosed changes to Free Agency

True Believer wrote:This - young mids at that, from expansion clubs.......
Has anyone other than Bennell or Greene lived up to the hype? I think the expansion teams are going to be extremely hard to evaluate, both internally and externally, because they have no standards. Do you offer a big contract to some of these kids on the assumption they'll get better? What if they don't? Then you're out money and picks. I'd much rather just go the conventional route and back our recruiters to build the team.

FA seems to me to be a place for clubs to explode their salary cap. The further we stay away, the happier I'll be. I'll be amused if they get rid of compo though, given all the anti-St Kilda conspiracy theories we get around here.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Prosed changes to Free Agency

vacuous space wrote:
True Believer wrote:This - young mids at that, from expansion clubs.......
Has anyone other than Bennell or Greene lived up to the hype? I think the expansion teams are going to be extremely hard to evaluate, both internally and externally, because they have no standards. Do you offer a big contract to some of these kids on the assumption they'll get better? What if they don't? Then you're out money and picks. I'd much rather just go the conventional route and back our recruiters to build the team.

FA seems to me to be a place for clubs to explode their salary cap. The further we stay away, the happier I'll be. I'll be amused if they get rid of compo though, given all the anti-St Kilda conspiracy theories we get around here.

Two players I rate at GWS are Greene and Cameron- both not super high picks. Greene looks like a young Ben Cousins and plays like him too. Cameron looks really like he should be elite in the next few years. I think Mohr looks pretty decent too but probably not quite tall enough for what we need as a defender. I would be happy to put offers to all of them, the more we bump some up the more they will need to lose elsewhere.