Tom Hickey

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tom Hickey

you know joffa??

wow
youre a celeb

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:you know joffa??

wow
youre a celeb

I am a celebrity but no I have never met you.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i beg to differ
we've met

you just dont know it :D

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Cheer squad HAS to use 'oh mickey, you're so fine' for Tom...

elvis lives
Club Player

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/h ... 2d364.html

Watters revealed one of his key hopes was to develop versatile young big man Rhys Stanley. Stanley has played only 21 matches, including a best return of 12 last season in a campaign marred by a hamstring injury, since he was taken in the 2008 national draft.

He will play alongside veteran Justin Koschitzke when up forward.

''We believe Kosi's best football is still played as a forward and one of our most important goals with Rhys Stanley is to get him fit and healthy to complete a full season,'' Watters said.

''He does have great versatility with the capacity to play at both ends of the ground and in the ruck.''

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/h ... z2LDlf9wwu

I am marching in the Saints army
gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Batnoe wrote:We needed another genuine ruckmen.

I think both of them will play together which leaves Stanley, Kosi etc closer to goal..

This can only help.

Im not sure Kosi or Stanley can play if Hickey and Ben both play or if they do then beau wont play. I cant see how side fits them all in.
Essendon can play Bellchambers, Hille and Ryder at the same time as Tate Pears, Dustin fletcher, hurley etc. There doesn't need to be a limit to talls just need to have a place for them.

Roo may have to clear out to a wing like Richo did late career and give Beau the FF post with Stanley as a CHF with the others substituting from a backline post to ruck. Kosi may struggle to get much game time and is probably fighting with Maisterwilkes for the FF role.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Batnoe wrote:We needed another genuine ruckmen.

I think both of them will play together which leaves Stanley, Kosi etc closer to goal..

This can only help.

Im not sure Kosi or Stanley can play if Hickey and Ben both play or if they do then beau wont play. I cant see how side fits them all in.
Essendon can play Bellchambers, Hille and Ryder at the same time as Tate Pears, Dustin fletcher, hurley etc. There doesn't need to be a limit to talls just need to have a place for them.

Roo may have to clear out to a wing like Richo did late career and give Beau the FF post with Stanley as a CHF with the others substituting from a backline post to ruck. Kosi may struggle to get much game time and is probably fighting with Maisterwilkes for the FF role.

And what is your point? You mention ruckmen then backmen. We are talking about forwards and rucks. If it is that easy tell us where all these talls play. They cant. It is that simple. And lets move Rooy to the wing just to fit guys in. Yep that would be real logical.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:i beg to differ
we've met

you just dont know it :D
yeah, i've met a few from here as well...sat next to more than one on match days.......and they don't know it....never will either....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:yeah, i've met a few from here as well...sat next to more than one on match days.......and they don't know it....never will either....
You're the only one I've met, but us proctologists have a very strict code of ethics so I can't talk about what the context was.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote: Roo may have to clear out to a wing like Richo did late career and give Beau the FF post with Stanley as a CHF with the others substituting from a backline post to ruck. Kosi may struggle to get much game time and is probably fighting with Maisterwilkes for the FF role.

And what is your point? You mention ruckmen then backmen. We are talking about forwards and rucks. If it is that easy tell us where all these talls play. They cant. It is that simple. And lets move Rooy to the wing just to fit guys in. Yep that would be real logical.

Roo goes to a wing to extend his career now he's getting on while developing. I explained where to play the guys you mentioned. The heats getting to you.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote: Roo may have to clear out to a wing like Richo did late career and give Beau the FF post with Stanley as a CHF with the others substituting from a backline post to ruck. Kosi may struggle to get much game time and is probably fighting with Maisterwilkes for the FF role.

Roo goes to a wing to extend his career now he's getting on while developing. I explained where to play the guys you mentioned. The heats getting to you.

Why would any coach put Rooy on the wing. And you cant honestly think either of Ben or Hickey could actually play back? Tell me both those suggestions are jokes? Please.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

There will be room for all over the course of the year because Lee and Hickey won't play the full 22 games. Stanely has to be in the team and BM is ahead of Kosi.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

What was impressive was McEvoy

He was dominant for mine

Having said that, no sauce jacobs

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
stinger wrote:yeah, i've met a few from here as well...sat next to more than one on match days.......and they don't know it....never will either....
You're the only one I've met, but us proctologists have a very strict code of ethics so I can't talk about what the context was.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

SaintPav wrote:There will be room for all over the course of the year because Lee and Hickey won't play the full 22 games. Stanely has to be in the team and BM is ahead of Kosi.
I know Big Mart's been busy on here in the off season but to slot in him for round 1 is a big call. Surely Plugger66 would have to be in the mix if that's the case.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

My pre season form is good... Should be, been in the system for 25 years now.... Slightly different league though...

Just the one session a week, like Rooey I'm on a modified workload.... Looking to peak at the the back part of the season (make it to the back part of the season)

bergsone
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:My pre season form is good... Should be, been in the system for 25 years now.... Slightly different league though...

Just the one session a week, like Rooey I'm on a modified workload.... Looking to peak at the the back part of the season (make it to the back part of the season)

Go the knuckle BM :twisted:

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

We traded for a good one here....

Out goes BJ and pick 12 however we get Hickey, Lee, another pick and heaps of cap space to buy a free agent.

That equals win

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:We traded for a good one here....

Out goes BJ and pick 12 however we get Hickey, Lee, another pick and heaps of cap space to buy a free agent.

That equals win

And the next Buddy for free

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
in your dreams... :roll: :twisted:

...if you want to go around sticking your finger and god only knows what else up peoples bums, then that's your business...but i wouldn't brag about it...not that there is anything wrong with being gay ..these days anyhow...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:
BigMart wrote:My pre season form is good... Should be, been in the system for 25 years now.... Slightly different league though...

Go the knuckle BM :twisted:

you're the one in to the knuckles it would seem.... :wink: :roll: :roll: ...probably the second one too.... :twisted:

hope you wear a condom...well...gloves at least.... :wink:

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Hickey made a good first impression on his first tap. He got pretty regularly smacked around by AFL rucks last year, so I wouldn't expect that to be the norm. He's a long way behind Ben and likely to spend this year developing. I think the plan is to keep him and Ben on the field at all times once the rotation cap comes in. Anything we get before from him this year is a bonus.

If everyone's available, I expect Roo and Stanley to play forward with one more tall. Probably Kosi or Maister, but if Hickey or Lee really stand out they might get a run.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:...if you want to go around sticking your finger and god only knows what else up peoples bums, then that's your business...
You don't know what a proctologist is, do you?

At least a colorectal surgeon helps people, unlike a lawyer. What's the old joke? I had a problem, so I called a lawyer - now I've got two problems.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

:wink:
bergholt wrote:
stinger wrote:...if you want to go around sticking your finger and god only knows what else up peoples bums, then that's your business...
You don't know what a proctologist is, do you?

At least a colorectal surgeon helps people, unlike a lawyer. What's the old joke? I had a problem, so I called a lawyer - now I've got two problems.

:wink: ...of course i do.......but i'm like the "first bloke" here.....no guy is going to stick his finger up my bum......you included....so you're telling fibs....
Last edited by stinger on Tue 19 Feb 2013 12:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Never had a prostrate exam????

You haven't lived......