Brain Speaking- SAINTS interested in 3-4 aboriginal players!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Brain Speaking- SAINTS interested in 3-4 aboriginal play

skeptic wrote:
plugger66 wrote: That should please the guys who dont understand role players and defensive pressure. They are probably the same guys who yell out just kick the bloody thing.
yep coz clearly anyone that did't like Andew "the role playing kig" McQualter dkesn't understand role players and defensive pressure

I dont know about that. As usual you mention things that no one else has. Consistant.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

c/- the Herald Sun mock draft - it would be a dream start for the Saints ! A kid who is a self confessed mad Saints fan (perfect replacement for Fisher) and the other being the single most talented player in the draft who the Saints think they can turn around off field!
Go Saints ....

24 St Kilda, Tom Clurey, Murray Bushrangers, 193cm
25 St Kilda, Dayle Garlett, Swan Districts (WA), 180cm

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

From Winnersonly original posting.. "There may be an NT kid we are interested in late but I don’t know enough about their talent to comment."

Most of the good N.T. boys were traded away by GWS. Jed Anderson to Hawthorn, Dom Barry & Jake Neade to another clubs.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:c/- the Herald Sun mock draft - it would be a dream start for the Saints ! A kid who is a self confessed mad Saints fan (perfect replacement for Fisher) and the other being the single most talented player in the draft who the Saints think they can turn around off field!
Go Saints ....

24 St Kilda, Tom Clurey, Murray Bushrangers, 193cm
25 St Kilda, Dayle Garlett, Swan Districts (WA), 180cm

would be very happy with that

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Heard on the wireless this morning that we'll be picking up Sam Lonegan. Anyone know if there's any merit in that?

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote:Heard on the wireless this morning that we'll be picking up Sam Lonegan. Anyone know if there's any merit in that?
waste of a pick

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote:Heard on the wireless this morning that we'll be picking up Sam Lonegan. Anyone know if there's any merit in that?
waste of a pick

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Hemi Baxter
Club Player

I think there's a fair chance we will. He's v inside and can get it but faced, ultimately, too much criticism at Essendon about what he did with it once he got it.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Hemi Baxter wrote:
I think there's a fair chance we will. He's v inside and can get it but faced, ultimately, too much criticism at Essendon about what he did with it once he got it.

i heard that too, he's a decent player but too injury prone. Would rather a tall mature ager but I guess a need for back up with out Gram and Goddard.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Hemi Baxter wrote:

i heard that too, he's a decent player but too injury prone. Would rather a tall mature ager but I guess a need for back up with out Gram and Goddard.

Every player mentioned you see a reason to get them. Can you tell us how you would use the 5 picks. No names needed just whether we get unknown 18 year olds or recycled players. If we get Lonergan i will spew up.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Definetly Sam??? Not Jesse Lonegan??? Cause I will be estatic if we get one of those, and will be filthy if we pick the other!!!!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote: i heard that too, he's a decent player but too injury prone. Would rather a tall mature ager but I guess a need for back up with out Gram and Goddard.

Every player mentioned you see a reason to get them. Can you tell us how you would use the 5 picks. No names needed just whether we get unknown 18 year olds or recycled players. If we get Lonergan i will spew up.

I don't want him but Sheehan said the Saints were showing a lot of interest in him, I'm just trying to explain their rationale. I want one recycled player- a mature fullback and the rest 18 yo kids like Colquhoun, Garlett, Ashby, Tanner Smith, Membrey, Clurey anyone good. i want someone like the big Tassie guy or the big SA guy I found Hardy? or Tipetts brother. Just someone that stops us being exposed at full back or CHB. I am how ever happy with all of Lee, Hickey and TDL and think they will all go ok or better and have just as much if not more promise than plenty of the kids in the draft.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I agree with plugger. If we choose Sam Lonergan, I'll spew up as well. Surely they mean Jesse, don't they?

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I thought the conversation was about Jesse & they mentioned Sam as he's Jesse's uncle.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:I thought the conversation was about Jesse & they mentioned Sam as he's Jesse's uncle.
No they said this morning that Essendons hack was in St Kildas sights.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

If he's from WA then I have complete faith in what Waters is doing.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.