Will we land anyone?????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Will we land anyone?????

he said the same thing but thinks he's got something special. He's not like the others in that he's young, and a big sized player so should be nearly ready to go. He seems to be a guy who needs a little confidence and at Coburg has been apparently used forward then back then forward with no consistency. His one game the Tiges got smashed by Carlton and he was one they cut to make a statement. You wouldn't want to give up much but we are short of talls pardon the pun.[/quote]

Rather Wilbur.[/quote]

Your getting lazy Plugger you usually say something more insulting so he must be on your maybe list. You like stef martin because he's a tall KPP come ruck but you don't like Post who is a KPP and possibly able to play that around the ground ruck role too. He probably will cost jack and has the same sort of potential that Martin has.

I guess you'd prefer Ricky martin than Stef too though.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:he said the same thing but thinks he's got something special. He's not like the others in that he's young, and a big sized player so should be nearly ready to go. He seems to be a guy who needs a little confidence and at Coburg has been apparently used forward then back then forward with no consistency. His one game the Tiges got smashed by Carlton and he was one they cut to make a statement. You wouldn't want to give up much but we are short of talls pardon the pun.

Rather Wilbur.[/quote]

Your getting lazy Plugger you usually say something more insulting so he must be on your maybe list. You like stef martin because he's a tall KPP come ruck but you don't like Post who is a KPP and possibly able to play that around the ground ruck role too. He probably will cost jack and has the same sort of potential that Martin has.

I guess you'd prefer Ricky martin than Stef too though.[/quote]

I think Martin can play a bit. I reckon Post cant. Just because both can play similar positions means jack. Martin can ruck and Post cant. Should i make it 31?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:he said the same thing but thinks he's got something special. He's not like the others in that he's young, and a big sized player so should be nearly ready to go. He seems to be a guy who needs a little confidence and at Coburg has been apparently used forward then back then forward with no consistency. His one game the Tiges got smashed by Carlton and he was one they cut to make a statement. You wouldn't want to give up much but we are short of talls pardon the pun.

Rather Wilbur.

I guess you'd prefer Ricky martin than Stef too though.[/quote]

I think Martin can play a bit. I reckon Post cant. Just because both can play similar positions means jack. Martin can ruck and Post cant. Should i make it 31?[/quote]

Martin has potential but can't play yet just like Post. Post is a marking machine and would probably be better suited to the deep forward role. Both were highly rated juniors but haven't been able to crack any consistency in their game or string games together. i worry that he couldn't dominate at the Dees when they have such a crap team or even get games.

Its a difference of opinion.

SaintTom
Club Player

borderbarry wrote:Some trades we could do well with.....
With GWS.. They have at this stage picks 1. 20. and the first pick in each round following. They will pick up further early picks with the 2 17 yr olds being traded out. I cant see them using any more than say 5 picks, which would include their 2nd round pick, 24. They have indicated they are interested in Jackson Ferguson a Western Sydney boy. We could offer him and pick 13 for Jed Anderson, who they would be taking with their N.T. allotment, and the first few picks they are not using, hopefully 20 or 24 onwards. (Footscray have or are making a offer for Anderson).

With GC. who are limited with the amount of new players they can pick up because they have to reduce the size of their list, if we miss out on Caddy, offer them a player plus our 2nd round pick (34), for Hickey and their 3rd and 4th round picks (44 and 63) which they probably cant use anyway.

With Melbourne, who have picks 3, 4, 13, in the first round then the 3rd pick in each subsequent round, offer them Farren Ray for their 3rd and 4th round picks.

If all worked out we would gain Hickey, a ruckman we are after, Anderson, one of the best young mids out there, and we would have Picks 12, 24. 43, 44. 45, 53, 62, 63, 64, 72. Perhaps we could then trade some of these picks in groups for a higher pick, improving our position further.

It is easy to see who has too much time on their hands nowadays.
Who is this Anderson? Do we want him? I've never heard of him...

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

SaintTom wrote:
borderbarry wrote:Some trades we could do well with.....
With GWS.. They have at this stage picks 1. 20. and the first pick in each round following. They will pick up further early picks with the 2 17 yr olds being traded out. I cant see them using any more than say 5 picks, which would include their 2nd round pick, 24. They have indicated they are interested in Jackson Ferguson a Western Sydney boy. We could offer him and pick 13 for Jed Anderson, who they would be taking with their N.T. allotment, and the first few picks they are not using, hopefully 20 or 24 onwards. (Footscray have or are making a offer for Anderson).

With GC. who are limited with the amount of new players they can pick up because they have to reduce the size of their list, if we miss out on Caddy, offer them a player plus our 2nd round pick (34), for Hickey and their 3rd and 4th round picks (44 and 63) which they probably cant use anyway.

With Melbourne, who have picks 3, 4, 13, in the first round then the 3rd pick in each subsequent round, offer them Farren Ray for their 3rd and 4th round picks.

If all worked out we would gain Hickey, a ruckman we are after, Anderson, one of the best young mids out there, and we would have Picks 12, 24. 43, 44. 45, 53, 62, 63, 64, 72. Perhaps we could then trade some of these picks in groups for a higher pick, improving our position further.

It is easy to see who has too much time on their hands nowadays.
Who is this Anderson? Do we want him? I've never heard of him...
Jed Anderson, GWS zone player. There was an article on the AFL site about him not long ago. Hard at it midfielder, don't know much about him and have even less of an idea where he would be valued in a draft

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!