Must be top 4 to win

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: Must be top 4 to win

spert wrote:Apparently no team that finished outside the eight has won a premiership in AFL history.
True, but on one occasion only a team finished last and won the premiership - spoon and flag in the same season.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: Must be top 4 to win

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:Other than revenue, why do we bother having a top 8?
Why even bother having finals? Why not have a system like the EPL where the top side come end of home & away season wins the premiership?

Damn, that would have suited us in 2009 :(
But we would have missed in 1966.

To Collingwood :shock:
We'd be in front... flags 1965 (c/f Effndumb), 1997 (Morons), 2009 (Hillbillies).

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen: